TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Energy Drinks

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I remember one finals week when I was in college where I ended up sleeping about 10 hours the entire week. To retain sentience, I scoured my floor for a pick me up, and the resident musclehead gave me a couple of these GNC Ripped Fuel caplets. I woke up my deep-sleeping roommate with pencil drumming.

Someone has to tell me what the point is of Vault btw.

Its pretty much just..Mountain Dew. I dont see anything on the ingredients list besides Caffiene that would make it an energy drink.

I got more out of the MDX although Vault is selling for 60 cents a bottle around here..

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Coke making a Mountain Dew-like product, to make money.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I tried Vault Zero, the diet version...I like it more than regular Mountain Dew.

I'm not picky. Over the summer I was drinking 6 16oz Monster Energy drinks a day and when I had the cash around 10 Red Bull a day. I worded that badly not together, sometimes I would drink Monster, sometimes Red Bull. I also found sleep to be overrated. Pricey habit.

Red Bull is good for taste, but when I'm low on funds I go with Monster. MDX is good, Vault tastes good. I've pretty much tried them all and the only ones I dislike are the No Fear ones. Red Bull is my favorite.

Edit: FromBeyondtheGrave, That has so got to be against the rules.

Guest ChikoDemono

Has anyone here tried the Von Dutch energy drink? 'Tis my favorite and accessible, considering it is sold in the Subway across from my dorm for $1.99 a can. A tad expensive, but that's usually the price for an energy drink, right?

I usually get one every night to help me fall asleep, as most, if not all energy drinks tend to do to me.

Vault is literally Surge put into a snazzy new bottle. I bet Coke had a whole warehouse filled with Surge and decided they had to find a way to sell it off. But they couldn't trick me. YOU HEAR ME COKE? YOU CAN'T TRICK ME! I'M UP ON YOUR SCHEMES!

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Coke making a Mountain Dew-like product, to make money.
But, its just caffiene. If they wanna call that an energy drink then Pepsi should be considered an Energy drink..

I don't know, I drank a liter of it and woke up twelve hours later with no pants on. It's good stuff.

Wait a minute, it is? Does it taste nearly as good?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same exact drink. I say after trying it a few time, it's a bit more sour, but I've heard from a few people that it's the same exact drink.

Vault is quite possibly the greatest soda to come along in many years. It is, essentially, Surge V.2, which is great. All they need now is a commercial with a bunch of kids walking around and one guy in the middle yelling out "VAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!". God, how I missed Surge. When I was in 7th grade, when it was first coming out, they had a whole presentation where they gave away free samples of Surge. A whole gymnasium full of 13 year olds hopped up on sugar...those were the days.

As far as other energy drinks, the only one I really enjoy is Monster. And Coke Blaq.

Guest Vitamin X

You know, in retrospect, I tried drinking Vault and it really isn't all that Surge-y. Vault has a much more noticeable lime taste, while Surge had more of an orange citrus taste.

Maybe it's because I'm drinking them from the plastic bottles though, instead of at the fountain like I was used to drinking Surge.

Are there any energy drinks with no calories or low calories? If not, I'll stick with Splenda sweetened coffee and diet soda.

Calories = energy. Let's hope not.

As far as alcoholic ones go, Tilt is amazingly delicious. Spark or whatever notsomuch; Spark is very very very sweet even though I had like 3 of them tonight (you get used to it) but Tilt on the other hand...oh ho ho ho ho. Like no other. 6.6% alcohol and also caffeine and guarine and taruine and all that other shit.

I have changed mymind. I love Red Bull now. However, it does not seem to do the trick.

I tried No Fear, and it is absolutely disgusting.

How is Vault? Is it really effective as an energy drink? What about 5 Hour Energy?

Oh, I just tried Monster recently. Very effective. The best taste/effectiveness combo though has to be Rockstar Juiced. Delicious.

Sugar Free Red Bull is low calorie. I'm also, by the way, high on 180, which is very orange sodaish.

I would drink Crunk Juice, for the image alone, but I can't find it anywhere.

I have one. You gotta go to Spencer's at the mall (if you have one) to get it. That's where I got mine.

How is Vault? Is it really effective as an energy drink?

Not really that effective, about as effective as Mountain Dew is or any high caffiene soda is. I usually get hyped up for about an hour or two than I crash after I drink one.

But it is half the price of an energy drink and you get more. (I can get a 20 oz bottle for a buck and I can get a 1 liter for $1.25. I don't even know if they make two liters yet)

I just bought a case (24 cans) of Rockstar Juiced (Pomegranate Flavor) for $10 at the home of rediculously cheap energy drinks --- Big Lots! I usually down an energy drink about 1/2 way through my 13 1/2 hour shifts at work so that case will last me close to 2 months.

They also had the RAW Energy powered by Socko for $2.50 and YJ Stinger Sugar Free for 60 cents a can. I was waiting for HHH to burst down the aisle and yell FEEL THE STING or something.