TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Total Non-Stop Action

Installed, started the story mode and came across a glitch 20 seconds into my first match. We went outside the ring, I went to whip him into the barrocade and for some reason he ran straight through it and can't get back. Now he's walking around aimlessly in the crowd.

He's trying to escape.

This is the most frustrating game i've ever, ever played. And i'm not just saying that, i've never ever given up on a single game, but i'm so tempted to with this.

I'm the created character and Eric Young against AJ and Tomko, and it's just impossible to beat them.

99% of any variety of move I try is reversed, I can't get out of any pins for the life of me, and if I ever go out of the ring then both opponents come to beat the shit out of me while my partner looks on looking pretty. Oh, and when Tenay says 'he's not being allowed to get up' - He's not joking.

This game has so much potential but I am telling everybody, the reviews are true.. if you want to play this game, rent the damn thing, do not pay good money for it.

There is no count-out. And no referee. And you better learn to use a chair to win during the story mode.

No countout? Fuck, that sucks.

I hate playing tag matches, so in Smackdown, I always tag out, pull the illegal man out, and get the cheap countout win to just skip those matches. TNA game is gonna suck if I can't do that.

You think Eric Young is pretty?

If you listen to him describe himself in the game then yeah, that's what we're led to believe.

I managed to beat AJ and Tomko after 12 chair shots to AJ and about 3 finishers. Eric Young even got the pin.

Oh yeah, I still can't get out of a pin, but I did find out when you tag your partner in, you then play as your partner, you can't just let him do the work.

You think Eric Young is pretty?

If you listen to him describe himself in the game then yeah, that's what we're led to believe.

I managed to beat AJ and Tomko after 12 chair shots to AJ and about 3 finishers. Eric Young even got the pin.

Oh yeah, I still can't get out of a pin, but I did find out when you tag your partner in, you then play as your partner, you can't just let him do the work.

Yea, exhibition matches are much more fun then the story matches because of the added diffulculty. In the case of story if you're really having that much trouble beating it, just do as you said and spam chair hits, and also unblockable attacks. (Hip toss, Clothesline, etc.) I also find if you do an irish whip while you're close to the corner that's never reversed.

Also getting good at reversals helps. Just remember it's about timing and not button mashing. (Unless you're on the ground) Just figure out the timing for each different move..since there's not that many, and it's the same every time.

Don't worry, it gets better. If you keep at it, you'll eventually unlock the Cradle Shock...your character's default finisher!

I love the fact that when you do your finisher on the outside, your opponent will get up before you because you're too busy POSING. Also, why the hell does James Storm not do the Last Call? I've never seen him do the 8 Second Ride.

Don't worry, it gets better. If you keep at it, you'll eventually unlock the Cradle Shock...your character's default finisher!

:(

Remember the real life match where Jarrett takes about 10 finishers from people and still manages to win, even after being handcuffed?

I feel like this is happening in this game too.

I beat Jarett into within an inch of his life, and as the stats tell me on the screen, he his 6 regular hits, 19 reversals and beat me. Compared to the 40 strong hits and 10 aeriel moves I hit.

Even 7 reversals of my own.

4 finishes too.

He's beaten me about 10 times in a row at this stage.

Yup. By the time you get to Jarrett, the difficulty has gotten ridiculous...but maybe they're trying to accurately reflect the improbability of getting a clean win over Double J in TNA, eh?

-- TNA's "iMPACT!" video game release has not been nearly as successful as initially hoped. Midway Games lost double what they expected during the third quarter. The company projected losses of $34 million, but now expect to lose $64 million in the quarter. Midway hoped the TNA video game would help save the quarter. Midway canceled two licenses, but spared TNA for the time being. It's being said that sales for the TNA "iMPACT!" video game have not been good at all and the feeling is that if sales continue to disappoint during the holiday season, there will be no future TNA video game releases from Midway. Even if the game sells well during the holiday season, it won't matter if the company goes out of business. PCMag.com posted an article with a headline reading "Midway Games Fighting for Its Life" --from The WON

Now see, if Midway doesn't make the next one, I'll probably look forward to it.

Guest Smues

I came into this thread to ask if this game was worth the $6.69 I can get it for at Gamefly but I'm guessing that's a no?

I rented it from Gamefly. God that game was a horrid piece of shit. Played through it for some easy achievements, but that's the only thing worth playing it for.