TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Justice

The New Versus Thread

Hey, wanted to start a new one, just because I'm a bit bored at moment. My first matchup:

Spiderman vs. Batman and Captain America

Conditions:

1) Neither side is holding back, and is going completely all out.

2) Takes place in a high-rise area, but not New York or Gotham.

Spidey obviously has the better physical stats along with special abilities (Spider-Sense and Webbing), but both Batman and Captain America are insanely resourceful, battlefield geniuses, and have taken on tougher opponents. Could they defeat the Webslinger?

Team Capnbats would win. Batman is the most resourcesful in DC; Cap is the best tactitian in Marvel. Not to mention, they both are the best trained fighters in their respective company.

Spidey is toast. The two would propably work well. Only problem is if they get into an argument, with Bats being a sociopath and Cap being too idealistic.

First let me address that it doesn't seem fair for Spidey to have to go against two of the best in Marvel or DC.

Now, if Spidey goes all out then with his spider-strenght he could fracture each opponent's jaw with a single punch, but knowing Batman and Cap they would both go for pressure points and strategically-placed blows to subdue Peter. Spider-Man's speed is the stuff of legend but it's uncertain how long he'd be able to avoid both men's offense, given that all of them have long-range attacks. Peter's legendary banter would be largely ignored by Bats and too well-known for Cap to have any distracting effect on him.

Bah, I seem to be overanalyzing. It's 2 against 1, with the first two possibly the greatest fighters/tacticians on either universe.

Poor Spidey.

See, I only put this fight forth because on another unnamed board, people had a lot of trouble with me choosing Bats/Captain over Spidey. Tactics will always trump blatant physical abilities, especially when Batman or Captain America is involved.

Guest treecelightning

Never involve Batman in a "versus" thread. Batman always wins. Always.

Then what about Black Panther vs. Batman? Just fighting, how the hell could he beat his armor? I love Bats, but it's not like this is the Adam West "I have my 'Anti-Vibranium' Spray!", who is TRULY undefeatable. I'm almost dead sure that he has a "Anti-Power Cosmic" spray for just these arguments.

That's what all the Bat-fanboys would like to believe. "He fights dirty, yada yada yada, he could beat Galactus, yada yada yada." He fights dirty my ass. Captain America could beat him.

Guest treecelightning

That's what all the Bat-fanboys would like to believe. "He fights dirty, yada yada yada, he could beat Galactus, yada yada yada." He fights dirty my ass. Captain America could beat him.

Hand to hand fighting? Sure, Batman even admits as much to Cap in the JLA/Avengers series. In a "comic book battle"? I still give it to Batman.

I've always thought Spidey would beat Bats one-on-one in more cases than not. The reason? His traps aren't really going to work owing to the Spider Sense. Plus Bats is not physically strong enough to quickly break out of the webbing, letting Spidey score a nasty blow.

The only weapon I see really working well is the sonics, which I think I've seen him use once.

Well, you can always say Batman vs. Dr. Manhattan.

Taskmaster vs. Deathstroke?

Namor vs. Wonder Woman?

Taskmaster vs Deathstroke is really a close one. I guess with his photographic reflexes Taskmaster could gain the upper hand. Thing is I've never seen him used to his full potential on any story so it's hard to guess. Deathstroke is at near Batman levels, according to DC, so it's a tough call. I'll say Taskmaster in a photo finish, just 'cause I'm more of a Marvel guy.

Namor vs Wonder Woman is easier to predict, I guess. Given that it turns out WW is almost as fast as the Flash and as strong as Superman this should be not too difficult for her. Namor could eat Aquaman for breakfast, but not WW. I guess he would try to use his royal charms first, given that she's royalty just like him, but it would be to no avail. Unless the fight's on water (which I guess it isn't) I give it to WW.

I'd give it to Batman, since he probably has a way to beat everyone, but not before Spider-Man's given him and Cap a hell of a fight.

But seriously, that fight would end prematurely when it becomes apparent that three archenemies have formed an alliance, and we see Spidey, Bats and Cap put aside their differences to dismantle the new threat.