TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

Guest JustPassinBy
Bush and the Reps in congress could have done work in 6 years to severely alleviate the effect of the oil market on the U.S.A.

Like what?

They've tried to drill in Alaska, but the liberals are against it.

What else can they do?

There's no legislation that will make people stop using oil.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060905/major_oil_d...very.html?.v=20

I guess Bush told Chevron to hold off on announcing this news until close to the elections then, right? It must have been Bush telling these oil companies to not discover anything until he needed the good news...

Right.

Like what?

What else can they do?

There's no legislation that will make people stop using oil.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060905/major_oil_d...very.html?.v=20

I guess Bush told Chevron to hold off on announcing this news until close to the elections then, right? It must have been Bush telling these oil companies to not discover anything until he needed the good news...

Right.

Did he just introduce an argument no one was actually making just so he could debunk it by posting the word "Right"?

I should try that sometime. It seems like quite a time saver to skip the entire debate and go straight for the one-word sarcastic replies.

Bush and the Reps in congress could have done work in 6 years to severely alleviate the effect of the oil market on the U.S.A.

Like what?

What else can they do?

You know, there's stuff that can power our lives that isn't made out of dead dinosaurs. The solution from the right is what's gotten us into this crack addict state with oil, and that solution is "more drilling!" The government could, I dunno, promote alternative energy sources, provide funding for any private enterprises in this field, stuff like that. Something resembling conservation could also be encouraged with more than a few brief "try to be as fastidious and conservative as possible" mentions in different administration speeches over the last year. Why not revise the gas guzzler tax standards for automobiles? There's a good, small first step that I just came up with off the top of my head. More drilling is not the answer. It's just trying to go further down a road on which you've already reached the dead end. The answer is, for now and for the next few years most likely, to try and conserve as much as possible until something more efficient comes along in terms of price, environmental impact, mileage, and performance. The oil companies, the government, and the domestic automobile companies are all complicit in this technological stagnation and have been for decades, so there's no need to point and blame. It's a global problem, let's treat it with as much importance as it deserves instead of bitching.

Yeah, more tactics like that are the shot in the arm Current Events needs.

Why couldn't it be potassium chloride

So long as it isn't sodium pentathol.

Guest Princess Leena

$2.39 here.

In NY, it's still like $2.80-$3.00 in many places. Ridiculous how things are run there.

Guest JustPassinBy

Gas is currently $2.08 here.

Where is this? It's still $2.50-2.70 in most places in Mass.

$2.04, now in SW Ohio.

Ohio must have a really low gasoline tax or none at all?

If Unleaded Gas is trading at 1.55, at a minimum there's usually 60 cents added to that price that reflects the actual price you pay at the pump. This extra is made up of mostly taxes and service fees.

I suspect Ohio must have lower gasoline taxes than anywhere else in the country for you to get gas at that price. Its still 2.50 in Illinois.

Guest Felonies!
Its still 2.50 in Illinois.

I assume you're a downstater? Not because your gas price is $2.50. Because you're you.

Guest Felonies!

Nothing against downstaters. Everything against JustPassinBy. Now watch, he's from like fucking McHenry or something. It would explain his hatred for Mexicans; they've pretty much overrun the whole McHenry-Woodstock-Crystal Lake troika.

Actually, now that I think about it, pretty much everyone I know from around here is at least a little racist. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was from here.

Guest Princess Leena

Prices are slightly raising again, despite the usual end of summer lull that should be kicking in now.

I guess the reasoning is we're supposed to be getting hurricanes now. So, we'll raise prices now incase one comes.

I just filled up on the way home from work tonight and paid $2.169 for 87. I think it will be at or under $2 by the thanksgiving holiday. According to a thing I read on Drudge there is a station in Branson, MO selling for $1.859 and a station in Sheffield Lake, OH is selling for $1.849. National average is $2.519 and the award for highest gas price goes to Kaunakakai, HI at $3.929. So much for paradise huh?

Prices are slightly raising again, despite the usual end of summer lull that should be kicking in now.

I guess the reasoning is we're supposed to be getting hurricanes now. So, we'll raise prices now incase one comes.

Huge hurricane implication in Tempe eh Leena?? It's such bullshit. They already have paid for the gas they have in the tanks anyway but they just fuck with the prices as they see fit.