TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

The price here is $2.42 right now. What really is irritating is that we have a about two dozen oil pumps around my town and we are still getting the shaft.

Guess Thanksgiving came early

There was an article in the paper from somewhere..but anyway it said that gas prices going down is the worst thing that could be happening because it will stall out demand for ethanol and other alternative fuel sources which needs to get off the ground now in order to be viable when we'll need it 10-20 years down the road.

There was an article in the paper from somewhere..but anyway it said that gas prices going down is the worst thing that could be happening because it will stall out demand for ethanol and other alternative fuel sources which needs to get off the ground now in order to be viable when we'll need it 10-20 years down the road.

The author of this article didn't happen to be the CEO of an oil company by any chance?

The author of this article didn't happen to be the CEO of an oil company by any chance?

See, I dont know who the author was..it was just posted as "From whatever paper it was originally in". But honestly I agree and I dont see how you could say that a CEO of an oil company wrote it, if anything it sounded muchly like it came from an environmental group.

I maintain, two years ago, two dollar gas was something to fear, not something to appreciate.

They must be kicking their heels down Big Oil way.

But I agree with he who wrote that article about this lowering demand for alternatives. It is *shocking* how quickly we panic, and how quickly we forget, in this country :(

Guest Princess Leena

NY disgusts me. The Reservation places there are selling for $2.20~ a gallon, yet everywhere else it's $2.75~. All taxes. Horrible.

Guest JustPassinBy
Nothing against downstaters. Everything against JustPassinBy. Now watch, he's from like fucking McHenry or something. It would explain his hatred for Mexicans; they've pretty much overrun the whole McHenry-Woodstock-Crystal Lake troika.

You must have me confused with someone else.

I like latino people and believe that immigration isnt that big of problem.

Also, Crude Oil hit a 6month low today.

Lost 2.16 on NYMEX.

Its trading at $61 down from the record high of $78 in mid July.

Down to 2.31 where I live. I am down to a quarter tank in the car so I am going to see if the price can fall even further before need to fill again.

Guest Vitamin X

Well it's come down to $2.54 at the cheapest I saw. The drop in gas prices saved me a whole $3-4 at the pump when I filled up all the way (I usually fill up on payday, every other week). Getting closer to $30!

I just filled up on the way home from work tonight and paid $2.169 for 87. I think it will be at or under $2 by the thanksgiving holiday. According to a thing I read on Drudge there is a station in Branson, MO selling for $1.859 and a station in Sheffield Lake, OH is selling for $1.849. National average is $2.519 and the award for highest gas price goes to Kaunakakai, HI at $3.929. So much for paradise huh?

Yeah, but how much gas are you going to use ON AN ISLAND

I just filled up on the way home from work tonight and paid $2.169 for 87. I think it will be at or under $2 by the thanksgiving holiday. According to a thing I read on Drudge there is a station in Branson, MO selling for $1.859 and a station in Sheffield Lake, OH is selling for $1.849. National average is $2.519 and the award for highest gas price goes to Kaunakakai, HI at $3.929. So much for paradise huh?

Yeah, but how much gas are you going to use ON AN ISLAND

Well, I don't know, but swerving out of the way of all those intoxicated Lost cast members has got to use up quite a bit.