TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

And Peach is basically confirmed with that last update, which I forgot to mention... despite what the policy nerds on Wiki would have to say about it.

I've heard Wi-Fi has been announced too. It's from a (reliable) friend but I don't know how reliable his source is.

It's not official yet. The most anyone has said is that they want it in (and it likely will be) and are working on it, but no one has gone on record as saying what exactly is planned and how involved it'll be.

Oh. Even if they don't give me Nook, if they throw in Ridley and/or Capt. Olimar, I'll die a happy man.

RE: Subspace Emissary

Very very glad to see that update. The adventure modes in SSBM were completely lacking and shitty. I'm glad they actually included a legit 1-player game. Fighting robots gets pretty boring after a while.

Introducing Pokémon Trainer!

pokemon_trainer.jpg

Seriously. Go to the Brawl site right now. Go.

You basically fight with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, switching between them in that order ala Sheik/Zelda, as PT stands in the background.

They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

I'm sure we'll be able to rename him. Hopefully.

And just this afternoon I was thinking about Ash or someone as a playable character. I don't like Mewtwo's chances at this rate, but assuming they leave it at PT, Pikachu, Jiggly, and Mewtwo, it works.

God. He's going to be so fun to play as.

I wonder how his Final Smash is going to work, but I'm assuming it'll just be a massive assault using all three. You can't very well have a Smash for each one... right? Especially Squirtle since I can't imagine him pulling off something suitable enough. Though the possibilities with Trainer are huge.

I'm not up to date on my Pokemon, are there even any they could include that would push Mewtwo out or take up valuable roster space? I'm hoping not.

I'm out of the loop but I'm sure there's about 300 gay ones that are newer/ they'd put in to rope all 7 fans of the new Pokemons.

Personally I think with games like Pokemon Diamond&Pearl they should have an option of selecting which variant of pokemon you find in the game (i.e 1-150; 151-300; 300-450; randomise between them all) rather than focusing on the new ones which I have little to no interest in. But thats neither here nor there in terms of SSBB

Blaziken and Lucario seem to be receiving a push and the more I read about them, the more I'm open to their inclusion. You know they're going to include someone from the more recent games and I prefer them out of anyone. If there's enough room to add one or both while keeping Mewtwo, then so be it.

As far as PT's Final Smash goes, some have brought up the idea of a legendary pokemon being used here.

So I was reading how the Subspace Emissary will "feature full motion video and storylines along with numerous side scrolling levels. The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development, characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories". That sounds pretty damn cool. Nameless Pokemon Trainer probably has one hell of a personal history.

"Subspace" also makes me think of Super Mario 2. Hopefully that subspace actually makes an appearance.

So I was reading how the Subspace Emissary will "feature full motion video and storylines along with numerous side scrolling levels. The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development, characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories". That sounds pretty damn cool. Nameless Pokemon Trainer probably has one hell of a personal history.

"Subspace" also makes me think of Super Mario 2. Hopefully that subspace actually makes an appearance.

Are you sure this doesn't deserve it's own thread? I mean, it's no random Xbox Live demo, but it is pretty big news in its own right.

But anyway, that does sound like something that could make me really get into the game.

Guest Smues

Today's update: stickers! Like trophies, but apparantly easier to collect, and you stick them in your scrapbook, and can apparantly save images of your scrapbook. And I'd almost forgot that this game was Japanese.

It would be great if you could customize your characters somewhat. Tekken-style, change their colors, add things to the outfits, that sort of thing.

Today's update: stickers! Like trophies, but apparantly easier to collect, and you stick them in your scrapbook, and can apparantly save images of your scrapbook. And I'd almost forgot that this game was Japanese.

More like apparently easier to create 'cause you don't have to make a 3D model amirite?

Yeah it did which I thought was pretty cool.

To be honest, the stickers actually sound cooler than the trophies. As I imagine you'd have to use the wii mote too put it into the sticker book.

The stickers are a fun diversion if nothing else. The idea I had as far as stuff like this goes is a customizable hub from which you could access trophies, these stickers, personal rewards, etc., which you could decorate with Nintendo memorabilia, not unlike a house in Animal Crossing. Basically the same thing that's in more than a few games these days and something I'd be more surprised at if they didn't include it.

It would also be cool if you had to buy packs of stickers ala SNK/Capcom Card Fighters DS. Add online trades to that and you've got a nice little feature.

Peach was confirmed on Friday. Monday brought some updated specials for Link. On Tuesday there was a new video for the Subspace Emissary (ROBs? Petey Piranha? Ancient Minister?). Today it's another big one...

diddykong.jpg

is in the game.

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!

He's back again and about time too,

And this time he's in the mood,

He can fly real high with his jetpack on,

With his pistols out he's one tough Kong,

He'll make you smile when he plays his tune,

But Kremlings beware 'cause he's after you!

Guest Smues
modea04_070824a.jpg

Basically, save Peach or Zelda. Who will ever choose Peach?

Probably whoever wants whatever reward you can get/unlock by choosing Peach?

I hope they just get even better. Hopefully they just spent a day lifting weights and snorting 8-balls of coke to see what kind of crazy ass shit they could design. If you could put one thing into SSBB right now, what would it be? Character, stage, item? I'd love to put in Anne Frank. That would be fun.