TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 79: Nemesis

Since that was my first post in this thread, I'm assuming you're talking about Nate and this:

that's gotta suck for Serra, as for GSP's title shot being delayed makes me a happy panda, who can we put Hughes againist

Here's how I think things should be done........

If Hughes chooses to fight on the 29th whatever fighter is left out (either Fitch or Alves) should fight GSP in March for the #1 Contendership. If Hughes elects to wait for his title shot, I want to see Fitch/GSP in March regardless as I don't believe Alves is at the level of the previous mentioned fighters. This, of course is all contingent on the diagnosis of Serra's recovery time.

I don't like this. I'm a huge GSP fan and want to see him with the belt back, but I think Serra should be given the time he needs to heal and defend his title proper

He's not getting stripped of the title, so there isn't a problem. He is still the champion, and when he is 100% he will be able to prove it.

And to keep himself occupied GSP gets to send Country Boy packin'. This is a MUCH better solution then Hughes fighting Alves or Fitch, not to say that those aren't fights I wouldn't want to see down the road.

That clip shows how much of a hypocrite Hughes really is. You see him on TUF every week, talking about being professional and all this shit, how professional was that? Fucking douchebag.

Maybe let Alves and Fitch fight each other? I know it's been done, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Fitch destroyed Alves, so I really do not need to see the rematch. Alves is still a step or two behind Fitch in regards to placement in the division, and needs 2 or 3 more fights or a win over a top guy to be considered a contender, while Fitch is just waiting in the wings. Alves vs. Burkman would be a good scrap and a test to see if Alves can get past a strong wrestler. Alves vs. Gono, or Alves vs. Davis would be good scraps if you just want to showcase styles.

I think Fitch vs. Jeff Joslin would be a good fight for Fitch. Their first bout was very entertaining and Fitch came out with a controversial win. Fitch vs. Ficket t would be a good stand-by fight as well. But I do not know Ficketts current relationship status is with the UFC.

I know he's not getting stripped of the title. But with Serra and Sherk out for just a small amount of time I don't think they need interm champs. the whole interm thing would have made more sense for the LW belt when the whole steroid thing with Sherk first started

Guest False Alarm!

It seems like they’ve really fucked up the WW division, by waiting so long for Serra to fight again. He’s going to have the belt a year, without actually making a defence. But hey GSP/Hughes III makes total sense, and it’s obviously the “rubber” fight to there previous encounters, with the winner getting Serra (which is a fight that both guys want). I’m not complaining, should be interesting to see if GSP can humble Hughes again.

I'd call it even money right now though since GSP probably hasn't even started training for this and you know Hughes has been prepping for some time now...

omfg yes.

I had just been keeping up on the MMA news a bit over the holiday on my iPhone, but this is fucking amazing development. I'd have to think a motivated GSP is going to just murder Hughes and then triple that dusting and deliver it to Serra's face. He's not even gonna know what hit him, bro.

While I see GSP winning I can't count Hughes as a huge underdog. Hughes bested him the first time and everyone is claiming luck. Dude is 15-3 in the UFC, it's not by accident. If Hughes can wrestle him to the ground and impose his will he could bash out a win

I know he's not getting stripped of the title. But with Serra and Sherk out for just a small amount of time I don't think they need interm champs. the whole interm thing would have made more sense for the LW belt when the whole steroid thing with Sherk first started

It's a whole marketing thing for interm championship, they don't want the fans to feel cheated out of a great card. You complain too much.

It's a whole marketing thing for interm championship, they don't want the fans to feel cheated out of a great card. You complain too much.

How did I know that you were going to end up bitching about whatever comment I left. You complain plenty

Hughes deserves way more credit here. When he fought GSP the second time it was just within the two month battle he had with Penn. Also, George hasn't exactly been having an outstanding year. He lost the belt and if it wasn't for the third round, would've lost to Koscheck. I say he won't be up to par in some way and Hughes is going to sub him.