TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFN 16 - Fight for the Troops

I admittedly haven't watched it since the original airing but I don't recall seeing Koscheck "destroy" Lytle. Kind of a silly statement to make since, as we saw in the Taylor fight that Lytle is one of the few fighters out there who legit cannot be destroyed.

No blinders, either. I gots nothing against K-os.

Yeah man, I haven't seen it seen it since UFC 86 was live, but I still remember Lytle getting absolutely punished by Koschecks ground and pound for 3 rounds straight, there were times I thought the ref was going to stop the fight.

Yeah man, I haven't seen it seen it since UFC 86 was live, but I still remember Lytle getting absolutely punished by Koschecks ground and pound for 3 rounds straight, there were times I thought the ref was going to stop the fight.

If it was stopped it would've been due to cuts/blood. I need to obviously rewatch the fight because I remember seeing Lytle get beat down but never thinking it was in danger of being stopped.

I like Koscheck/Yoshida, Swick/Goulet and Wiman/Frankie. Other then that it blows though it should be interesting to see if they make any attempt to heel up Hazak Al-Hassan in a military setting. Won't be needed, I imagine. Kinda surprised Mustapha Al-Turk vs Kongo isn't on this as well. Actually, between cheering for Frenchmen and Muslim it'd likely be too confusing.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Frankie Edgar out of his fight with Matt Wiman. Replacement is Jim Miller so it's not a total bust but goddamn I was looking forward to seeing The Answer fight again.

This is a huge oppurtunity for Miller though. He looked fantastic against David Baron at UFC 89 and if he can take out Wiman on a televised main card that'll raise his stock significantly.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Frankie Edgar out of his fight with Matt Wiman. Replacement is Jim Miller so it's not a total bust but goddamn I was looking forward to seeing The Answer fight again.

This is a huge oppurtunity for Miller though. He looked fantastic against David Baron at UFC 89 and if he can take out Wiman on a televised main card that'll raise his stock significantly.

Fuck that shit... Wiman is going to fuck Miller's shit up.

UFC/Zuffa's biggest enemy is their own over activity.

The amount of UFC shows and TV programming can be really excessive. This month's the worst I can ever remember.

You have all the usual stuff like Unleashed...Throw in a WEC live special. Then throw in TUF episodes. Then throw in TWO live specials within days of each other. Then add a PPV. Thankfully, they take roughly a month off before they do GSP/Penn.

Too much. Way too much stuff. One, two events per month is fine, but this is insane.

What a bunch of slack-jawed faggots you've all become. "Too much MMA?" Not only is there no such thing that I've found, this sure as hell beats the days when you were forced to (re)watch old, shitty events to fill the gaps in between new cards. Maybe someday MMA will reach the point where boxing is at, where I simply can't be bothered to watch EVERY fucking Telefutura event, but that's still a ways off.

I don't JUST watch UFC. I've already watched K-1 WGP which went four+ hours. Before that I watched the S-Cup. On NYE I'll be watching DYNAMITE if it airs, and then on the 4th, hopefully Sengoku. If you can sit there and watch every single MMA show that comes on and enjoy yourself, then that's great. But not everyone can do that.

And from a sheer business stance, there is something as too much. People aren't going to buy every PPV. They aren't going to watch every TV Special. They aren't going to watch every show. It's called over saturation. And UFC's border lining it. There's too much. And when you do too much, you end up running halfassed shows with the occasional huge one. This UFN is a good example. A pretty weak card that they'd probably never have done if they didn't have so much else going on.

The undercard is weak, but the live portion itself should be good. Cain dropping out sucks, but another part of the problem is that so many of the undercard fighters are relative unknowns, but I've learned to stop simply writing off fighters just because I haven't seen video of them yet. It wasn't long ago since people (myself included) thought Frankie Edgar was just an opponent being brought in to showcase Tyson Griffin against. The overall talent pool of MMA is deepening quickly, so I hold hope that not every unhyped new face they bring in is cannon fodder.

I don't watch every MMA event that comes around, simply because some of it just doesn't end up interesting me (as I mentioned about EliteXC). However, even if I don't watch it, I like that's there's so much activity going on in the sport at large, and sans the money making aspect, more fights is always better. Besides, it's not like anyone is FORCING people to watch; if it becomes a chore, simply don't watch. I just don't see the point in saying there's too many fights going on in a period of time (business aside); either watch them later, or don't watch them at all.

I guess I should clarify then.

I don't have a problem with UFC running so much from a personal standpoint. I'm a fan. I'll watch. But from a business standpoint, it's a fucking insane thing UFC's doing. If it works out for them, super, but I have a feeling running so goddamn much is going to not only hurt these two special's ratings, but it's gonna effect their buyrates. Brock/Randy was already below expectations. I can see the next two including GSP/Penn being hurt by all this as well. This is why I said the worst enemy UFC has is itself.

They'll of course "carny" it by claiming it's the economy if that does happen though.