TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFN 16 - Fight for the Troops

The play by play that I read definitely didn't prepare me for that.

Sherdog: "Saunders kicks him in the groin, they start again. Saunders is kneeing him now, good knees. Wolff is in trouble. The ref steps in at 2 minutes of the first round"

Zenko knows about the overhand right? Oh shit son, he's got Koscheck scouted, Koscheck is getting submitted or TKO'ed here, probably TKO'ed.

The play by play that I read definitely didn't prepare me for that.

Sherdog: "Saunders kicks him in the groin, they start again. Saunders is kneeing him now, good knees. Wolff is in trouble. The ref steps in at 2 minutes of the first round"

Zenko knows about the overhand right? Oh shit son, he's got Koscheck scouted, Koscheck is getting submitted or TKO'ed here, probably TKO'ed.

I figured it was just a simple 2-3 knee TKO by the cage.

Goddamn.

It should be pointed out that Yoshida's win over Kikuchi was a little weak. People forget that he was getting his ass kicked for awhile. Koscheck has better top control than Kikuchi so if he puts him on his back he won't get reversed so easily. I'm not that impressed with Yoshida off of his back based on that fight, and Koscheck is pretty good at making you uncomfortable on the ground, so we'll see how Zenko deals with that.

Still think he'll win though.

Crazy break by Cantwell, crazy KO by Koscheck and Saunders and Swick looked good.

Wonder if Hawk has some kind words for his favorite fighter Swick after tonight.

Jesus and a fucking sandwich, for such a 'heart-warming' edition of the UFC that was hard to watch, Cantwell and the "watch it pop" camera angle almost made me spill my beer.

I hope Wolff uses that second brain Saunders gave him to learn how to take a guy down. How does he not try anything to get him off his feet after the first I don't know say, 7 or so knees that were shattering his skull?

The Koschek KO was fucking sweet, after that first shot I sat up in anticipation of what I thought was going to be the televised murder of an asian man. The way he bobbed back off the fence with his hands down and that look in his eyes was like watching one of those sand-filled, air-weeble punching bags rise back up. I was half thinking his head would either spin completely around or come off, but luckily the night didn't get any grosser.

Damn fun show, especially after waiting an hour so I could fast-foward through Charlie Sheen tell us why we should be donating to newly-handicapable soldiers instead of buying coke and hookers.

There was a fight I hated Swick for wasn't there? I...honestly don't remember what it was.

But yes, he redeemed himself.

Not in my opinion... Who didn't expect Swick to finish Goulet so quick? I was more suprised Goulet didn't get KO'd by a wind breeze on his way to the arena.

Some thoughts:

- NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Poor Wiman. Give me a shot of whiskey! My boy got his ass whooped.

- Cantwell is a fucking cunt, I hope he gets his ass kicked his next fight. Bragging about possibly breaking someones arm like it was a great accomplishment is completely classless and not cool. But still that was a sick armbar, I had to turn away from the TV seeing it. Regardless of what I think about his personality Cantwell has alot of potential for only being 22.

- Tim Creuder will be a UFC gatekeeper at 185 for the rest of his MMA career. That's not a bad thing either.

- Killa B looked like a complete savage. I want to see the UFC put him in the WEC, they need more up and coming WW's to challenge Condit.

- Swick did what was expected.

- Koscheck was on point. I'm wondering how much better he would've looked against Alves if he had a full training camp to prepare for him. Hopefully we'll get a rematch in the future.

In Cantwell's defense... Apollo Creed refused to tap.

Still what he said was un-needed and shouldn't have been said. It only makes him look like a dick.

... after that first shot I sat up in anticipation of what I thought was going to be the televised murder of an asian man.

I have no idea why that's so fucking hilarious, but it is.

That being said, as a fan of Yoshida and Japanese fighters trying to shine in the UFC in general, the ending saddens me a bit, though Koscheck REALLY needed that. That's a guy who knows how to enter contract negotations.

Not in my opinion... Who didn't expect Swick to finish Goulet so quick? I was more suprised Goulet didn't get KO'd by a wind breeze on his way to the arena.

It's pretty much the story of Jonathan Goulet - mow through the C-level guys, go night-night against better competition (with the exception of Hazelett, since he got tapped). Back to TKO for the Road Warrior, where his "go straight forward" strategy should still fool some Quebecers.

I hope Wolff uses that second brain Saunders gave him to learn how to take a guy down. How does he not try anything to get him off his feet after the first I don't know say, 7 or so knees that were shattering his skull?

Rich Clementi would no doubt tell Brandon to learn some Jiu-Jitsu.

Fun night. Miller looked fantastic especially given that he took the fight on just over a weeks notice, Swick did what was expected, Saunders looked like a pyscho and Koscheck nearly killed Yoshi.

The way I look at fighters is thus: Give me a good KO, a good submission, or an exciting fight and you are REDEEMED~! I'm sure Swick is happy to be redeemed.

I thought the show was pretty meh overall, and I thought they tried WAY too hard on the charity, but the night sure delivered some quality KO's.

I really wanna see if Ben Saunders can hang with the upper guys now. He impressed the fuck out of me.

Saunders has a lot of X-factors right now in terms of us seeing how he functions against a high-level wrestler or grappler but his stand-up looked very solid and he showed some serious killer instinct by going for Wolff when he knew he was hurt. I wouldn't put him up against a mid-level guy like a Davis or a Lytle but he's a fight or two away from proving himself worthy of a shot at the bigger names.

This was just a night of beatings. None of the fights they showed tonight were close, plus three brutal KOs, broken leg, at least a popped arm, and maybe a broken rib thanks to Tim