TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread - April 5, 2004

WHAT'S NEXT FOR EVOLUTION, BENJAMIN?

April 5, 2004

Less than two weeks before Backlash, RAW comes to you from Houston where it is expected that Triple H will be in anything but a friendly mood. Last week, Triple H suffered a staggering upset loss when he was pinned by RAW newcomer Shelton Benjamin to end the evening. The night was nearly a complete disaster for Evolution as Ric Flair & Batista appeared to lose the World Tag Team Championship to Chris Benoit & Shawn Michaels. Only a reversal by referee Johnny Nitro allowed Evolution to keep the World Tag Team Championship ... or it could have been one of the worst nights imaginable for the foursome!

How will Triple H react to the loss? What's in store for Shelton Benjamin after the biggest win of his career? Find out on RAW!

Also, last week, several announcements were made concerning Backlash as Triple H was added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match to make it a Final Encounter Triple Threat Match with Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels. It was also announced that Mick Foley will meet Randy Orton for the Intercontinental Championship in a Street Fight/Hardcore Match where Evolution will be banned from ringside. Christian and Chris Jericho will have a WrestleMania rematch, and Edge and Kane will meet as well. What other developments concerning Backlash will happen? Watch RAW to find out!

All of this and more on RAW at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

Any guess what happens to Shelton now? I wouldn't mind a rematch.

Triple H has been great over the last few months and you damn well know it!!!

"That was a fluke! I am HHH! I am the greatest wrestler in the history of this company. I am the greatest world champion in the history of this company. Blah blah blah..."

Of course I'm WAY more excited about this show than Smackdown...

Doubt it will happen....

But I'd LOVE for HHH to give up his World Title Shot at Backlash for a rematch with Shelton.

I could actually see Triple H doing that.

He obviously is out to fool the roster and fans into believing he is a changed man.

As long as Trips doesn't Jeff Hardy him, a rematch wouldn't be bad at all.

If there is a rematch and Triple H cheats to win it wouldn't be that bad as long as Shelton goes on to have a upper mid-card feud with someone that matters. That's how you give a mid-carder the so-called rub.

Guest Goodear
"That was a fluke! I am HHH! I am the greatest wrestler in the history of this company. I am the greatest world champion in the history of this company. Blah blah blah..."

Well yeah, heels are supposed to be big giant smoking hypocrites. If he came out and was all, 'Shelton kicked my ass' it sort of defeats the point of seeing bad things happen to bad people. Its a face's job to point out the hypocrasy, let us see just how well Shelton can do a money making promo.

If there is a rematch and Triple H cheats to win it wouldn't be that bad as long as Shelton goes on to have a upper mid-card feud with someone that matters. That's how you give a mid-carder the so-called rub.

Please forward this post to Vince.

You speak the truth, but if HHH does beat Shelton, even by cheating, people here will be yelling out how HHH just buring Shelton, and how he got screwed over in the end. When it happens you'll see one or two topics pop up about how much they hate HHH and how Shelton's career is over, and on and on.

You speak the truth, but if HHH does beat Shelton, even by cheating, people here will be yelling out how HHH just buring Shelton, and how he got screwed over in the end. When it happens you'll see one or two topics pop up about how much they hate HHH and how Shelton's career is over, and on and on.

I won't complain. Shelton losing in a false finish would be perfect as long as it doesn't involve a pedigree. If Shelton couldn't hit his finisher, you can't give a guy a rub by hitting yours in the rematch.

But I lost hope in HHH's abiltiy to rub after the night Jericho won the title match, HHH ordered the match be cancelled so Jericho wouldn't get the belt and then later that night instead of Jericho winning the tag match he took a pedigree and allowed HHH to PROVE his point the loss earlier was a fluke.

Guest What_ever

HHH needs to built up again, so it actually means something for the next guy who beats him.

I won't complain. Shelton losing in a false finish would be perfect as long as it doesn't involve a pedigree. If Shelton couldn't hit his finisher, you can't give a guy a rub by hitting yours in the rematch.

You say you wont complain, you say you will complain...make up your mind.

If HHH uses the sledgehammer to knock Shelton out and then does the pedigree, there is nothing wrong with that. If a member of Evolution brings Sheltons neck down over the top rope and then he spins into the kick/pedigree, there is nothing wrong with that.

If HHH wins, by any means as long as he cheats to do so, there is nothing wrong with it. No Shelton wouldn't have been buried and no his career will not be over.

I doubt he'll even face HHH tonight. I'm still thinking that HHH will send Flair or Batista out to take care of him, only for Shelton to come out on top again. The best bet however is a tag match, or better yet, a HANDICAP MATCH~!

Benoit/Shelton/(maybe HBK also) vs. Evolution

That's probably it right there. Shelton and HBK have been wrestling Flair and Batista all weekend at house shows. But, Triple H and Benoit been wrestling each other a lot as well and we still haven't seen that. bLeH, I don't know what I'm talking about...

Maybe Edge will finally speak or have a match so we can see what his character is?

I got a feeling Shelton will face Batista at Backlash or maybe Flair.

Guest wildpegasus
WHAT'S NEXT FOR EVOLUTION, BENJAMIN?

April 5, 2004

Less than two weeks before Backlash, RAW comes to you from Houston where it is expected that Triple H will be in anything but a friendly mood. Last week, Triple H suffered a staggering upset loss when he was pinned by RAW newcomer Shelton Benjamin to end the evening. The night was nearly a complete disaster for Evolution as Ric Flair & Batista appeared to lose the World Tag Team Championship to Chris Benoit & Shawn Michaels. Only a reversal by referee Johnny Nitro allowed Evolution to keep the World Tag Team Championship ... or it could have been one of the worst nights imaginable for the foursome!

How will Triple H react to the loss? What's in store for Shelton Benjamin after the biggest win of his career? Find out on RAW!

Also, last week, several announcements were made concerning Backlash as Triple H was added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match to make it a Final Encounter Triple Threat Match with Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels. It was also announced that Mick Foley will meet Randy Orton for the Intercontinental Championship in a Street Fight/Hardcore Match where Evolution will be banned from ringside. Christian and Chris Jericho will have a WrestleMania rematch, and Edge and Kane will meet as well. What other developments concerning Backlash will happen? Watch RAW to find out!

All of this and more on RAW at 9/8 CT on Spike TV!

Where's Benoit? Don't tell me he's being forgotten about again!

Maybe Edge will finally speak or have a match so we can see what his character is?

I think it was "reported" that he wouldn't actually have a match untill the PPV.

Guest Goodear

While it might not be a five star affair, how does having Shelton in a relatively high profile with Evolution while rubbing shoulders with Michaels and Benoit a bad thing? It's not like Shelton is ready to be World Champion or anything and all the other interesting heels are up to other things.

If anything it'll at least get Shelton on the PPV.

Where's Benoit? Don't tell me he's being forgotten about again!

You're acting like he's the champion or something.

Geez, some people... :P

Thank goodness that The Changed HHH has found it in his heart to put over Benoit and let him run with the ball. Why, it's mere coincidence that Benoit hasn't been doing anything of consequence or importance since winning the title and that the shows have been focused around The Changed HHH for the past 3 week and don't look to be changing any time soon. Oh The Changed HHH , when will the evil, bitter smarks stop complaining about you?

Guest Coffey

Perhaps it will be Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin & Chris Benoit Vs. Ric Flair, Big Dave & H³...of course then Randy Orton will come out, which will bring out Foley.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Benjamin vs. Flair/Batista in a singles match is a very bad thing.

Benjamin vs. Flair would be better than Benjamin vs. Batista I think. Which is pretty sad considering Flair is near crippled at this point.

But I'm happy to see Benjamin finally get pushed. A month ago he was jobbing on Velocity to the dancing fools. Now he's actually being built up as something special.

All the while Charlie Haas gets jobber ring attire and needs a fake rule to beat RVD.

Shelton Benjamin is the Shawn Michaels to Charlie Haas' Marty Jannetty, so of course I just jinxed it.

I see Shelton losing to HHH with Orton's help and moving onto a title feud with him, but then there is Mick. I just dont see WWE letting Shelton work the main event program so fast without a little chill down.

Guest Dynamite Kido

How about this then. Tonight on RAW Trips gets booked in a match as the show starts so that he cannot fight Shelton. Then saying how he will have a member of Evolution do his bidding for him. Then Randy Orton comes into the picture as the member that will face Shelton tonight on Raw. Then the cocky heel Orton then comes out and says that he's so sure that last week was a fluke that he would put his Intercontanental title on the line. Have Shelton win the title, then go on to Backlash to defend the title. This leaves Orton open to face Foley without the title being in the way, frees up Trips to fight in the main event, and then puts another quality wrestler on the Backlash card. Whaddya think???