TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ill One

How to enjoy yourself in the federation-

I'm Insane Luchador, Tim Dillon, and Petey the (Irish) Penguin. Most of you newbies see me as just another lukewarm body that no-shows all the time. This wasn't always the case but it is now- so how can I blame you? But even though this is a competitive federation, we do this for fun. Damn right we write "x" amount of words a week just for fun. Crazy, no? Now some of us like writing more, some of us like wrestling more- some of us don't neither know wrestling nor write well. (Guilty right here). But beyond that, this federation provides a lot of other things you can do for fun.

As a guy who's been here for wwwaayyyy too long (roughly three years, maybe? From ages 11/12 to 15). I know the plague that can usher some of our best writers away- the BURN OUT~! It's the feeling that writing's a chore, it's not fun, yadda yadda yadda. Therefore, since I'm doing this real quick 'cause nobody will read it anybody, here's a good list and tips to avoid that awful stage-

Predictions

-Go on, have fun with them. Don't take them personally though- predictions are easy to do, quite amusing, and can actually movitate certain folk. But there's not much more to this than what I said, so carry on my wayward son-

Comments

-Okay, this is one thing that makes baby Jesus crying. If you're a Satanic fuck (*glares at Aecas, Dace, and Crow*), an evil fuck (*glares at Dawg*) or just an Atheist fuck (*glares at whoever*) then it makes the panda sad. You don't want the panda sad, do you? No you don't. Because otherwise Edwin shall return and sodomize you with, uh, something pointy.

Anyway, I digress. But guys, newbs and veterans alike, FEED BACK Give feedback, it encourages people to keep going. Sometimes people say, "Well, I don't know what to say." I'm sorry, do you only think in Tao? Just type what you say. Not every comment HAS to be an in-depth Dace or Danny like report, just give some comments. I liked this, this was okay, hey try to improve in this area.

Social

-We don't bite, well, most of us don't. (See: Roja vs Munich) Go to the chat, post on the community board, IM the guys you think are pretty cool. Making friends will really improve your time in the federation, plus helps with burn out because you usually have the bugger that prods you to keep going.

Other

-Zed will HATE me for saying this- but if you don't feel like writing. Don't write! Forcing yourself to do it increases your chance to feel burnt out so much more.

-Ask for feedback but don't challenge authority (*cough cough*).

-Don't be intimidated to ask questions or try to get to know us. Most of us are pretty damn cool.

-Try change every now-and-then but don't make it radical. For example a guy named Rane went from being a HOSS~! to cruiserweight. Now correct me if I'm wrong- but Slimfast isn't THAT good, is it? We also had a "ninja" turn "sumo"... well, I guess that works because think of Marlon Brando *bum bum phish* Anyway just tweak your style, your character, maybe moves. Ask people for advice, they'll give it to you.

-Remember, real life > e-fed life. Always. I don't give a fuck what everybody else says- if there's one thing in real life I'd rather do than the federation, I'd go with the real life. But at the same time... you're expected to do your share of work also. (Mind you I'm a fuckin' no-talented jobber so maybe this isn't that great of advice).

-Don't be too sensitive, we poke fun at each other. A lot.

-Have. A. Good. Time.

Now focail leat!

Man, as much of a crazy nutter and a complete slacker that you are, some of this is pretty good advice really.

Because yer, we all need other things to do with the fed besides writing to keep it fun and to keep going. (Y)

Zed will HATE me for saying this- but if you don't feel like writing. Don't write!

But at least give some freaking notice instead of no-showing three out of every four shows.

*longs for the days people actually felt bad about no-showing*

Zed will HATE me for saying this- but if you don't feel like writing. Don't write!

No.

Always write SOMETHING. Even if it's a 30-word squash. It still at least shows that you have SOME interest in what's going on. If you can't even be bothered to write "The bell goes, I hit my finisher, I win" then you need to examine whether you should be in the fed at all or whether you should quit screwing the bookers around and retire your wrestler from active duty until you ARE motivated.

But at least give some freaking notice instead of no-showing three out of every four shows.

*longs for the days people actually felt bad about no-showing*

Landon, you're not allowed to get nostalgic until you win ICTV.

Sorry. Fed rules.

Did I say win?

I meant drop.

By which logic I was eligible to get nostalgic a couple of weeks before my second PPV. I don't have enough history here to even get 'no' yet, let alone 'nostalgic'.