TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Tino Standard

Got the privilege of watching the first 4 hours of this season's 24. Since the season priemer airs this Sunday night on Fox and I hadn't seen a 24 thread for this year, here ya go.

A few random thoughts...

- William Devane is pretty cool as Sec. of Defense James Heller. Just don't try to picture Donald Rumsfeld, Heller's real life counterpart, doing some of the things you see Heller doing.

- Driscoll, the new boss of CTU, is your typical anti-Jack Bauer, stubborn, arrogant bitch type. What's especially aggravating is that she basically battles with Jack on every single thing he says or proposes simply because HE's the one that said it. The stubborn, defiant act wears really thin after a while to the point it seems forced.

- The first three hours are strong, but by hour 4, you get the feeling they realized 'Oh shit, we better slow down or we're going to run out of things to do before the day is over.'

- There are some good action sequences, and they waste little time getting Jack into "vintage, ass-kicking Jack Bauer" mode, which is A-OK with me.

- Chloe has done almost a complete about-face turn. Whereas last year she was quirky and difficult and annoying, this year she's still somewhat quirky, but definitely a more tolerable character.

All in all, I really like the way this season has started off. I'm looking forward to seeing hour 5, but it's going to be a pisser having to wait a week and a half, especially after getting the first 4 eps. early.

Enjoy.

i'm kinda excited but have been brought down by then doing mideastern terrerorism (at least so I heard). there's no more boring, cliched, and overused subject for villians (except maybe the commies in the soviet days ;) ). i want something new :( hopefully it will be a unique threat. Assassination, Nuke, and virus are pretty diverse. Maybe they could do something like sleeper agents in the government or something that jack has to hunt down.

I hope Driscoll takes a Jack Bauer slug to the back of the skull just like Chapelle. She is 10x worse than he ever was.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I hope Debbie gets smoked. Stalker.

This season is already looking great. I'm not going to post any spoilers. But wow the end of the first hour was awesome, then the second hour was even better...Here's to having the streak continue tomorrow!

Guest T®ITEC

Damn white girl Debbie. And is that actually her name? I'm shocked. I wasn't playing full attention to the show and so assigned her that name... or so I thought. Still. White girl.

Jack's girlfriend is... interesting. She's absolutely going to die just like Teri. And that one girl from when he was doing heroin. And anyone else he cares about.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Wow... this season rules already.

Very strong opening that was a very less cliched way of getting Jack back into "the life" than the direction they went in Season 2. The Arab-American family storyline has the benefit of being relevent from the beginning rather than the slow burn storylines like Kate Warner's in Season 2.

Very strong opening that was a very less cliched way of getting Jack back into "the life" than the direction they went in Season 2. The Arab-American family storyline has the benefit of being relevent from the beginning rather than the slow burn storylines like Kate Warner's in Season 2.

Yeah, this family knows how to bond properly :D

I'll be disappointed if schemin' Arab-Americans turn out to be the center of all evil. It's awfully passe and an easy stereotype. Of course, we'll be at surly Canadian fascists for villains by the time we get through all 24 hours.

Guest Fook

I'm predicting the terrorist family will find out what's actually going on is not what they were told. Then the parents will be killed while the kid manages to contact CTU and tell them his story.

I hope Driscoll takes a Jack Bauer slug to the back of the skull just like Chapelle. She is 10x worse than he ever was.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I hope Debbie gets smoked. Stalker.

Every one of Jack's bosses has been killed in the previous 3 seasons...but the hitch to that trend is that its Heller who's technically his boss time around.

As much as Id like to watch it now, Im holding off til 11 to watch RAW just because I can. Trust me though, If I didnt have east and west feeds of FOX, Id be watching 24 right now.

As much as Id like to watch it now, Im holding off til 11 to watch RAW just because I can. Trust me though, If I didnt have east and west feeds of FOX, Id be watching 24 right now.

Why exactly? Is Triple-H going to retire?

And something big is going to happen tonight, I can feel it.

Every one of Jack's bosses has been killed in the previous 3 seasons...but the hitch to that trend is that its Heller who's technically his boss time around.

Tony Almeda was Jack's boss last season. Chapelle was Almeda's boss...

Does anyone feel that there are too many commercials?

It feels like there was just one a few seconds ago.

I think you're right, but then again I only just finished watching 7:00-9:00 (off bitTorrent right before 9:00-10:00 started...

Tony Almeda was Jack's boss last season. Chapelle was Almeda's boss...

Tony wasn't Jack's boss, they each ran seperate divisions of CTU. Tony had intel and Jack was field.