Jump to content

Giuseppe Zangara

Members
  • Posts

    5791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giuseppe Zangara

  1. There was this band from the early 90s called Eye & I. They did this big, shiny r&b/soul/hard rock version of "Venus in Furs" that was as misguided as that descriptor would make you think. allmusic has no information on these guys/gals (or gal; the singer was a woman, though I do not recall if there were any other females in the band), yet they list them as heavy metal, which is totally inaccurate. I had what I guess was their only album, because they had a tangible relation to Living Colour, which was one of my favorite bands when I was 13.
  2. Best: Waterloo Sunset Worst: Harry Rag Best: Two of Us Worst: The Long and Winding Road Best: She's a Rainbow Worst: Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
  3. I just wanted to post very big pictures. Let this thread die.
  4. Or "Pink Turns to Blue." Can't forget that.
  5. I can't decide if my favorite Grant Hart song is "It's Not Funny Anymore," "Girl Who Lives on Heaven Hill" or "Don't Want to Know If You Are Lonely."
  6. Speaking of Big Star, their cover of "Femme Fatale" is pretty bad. It's not like it was one of VU's better songs, anyway, but still.
  7. I was fine with this new Big Star album up until the second half. It opens up with some engaging tunes, hits a huge wall of shit with track 5, "Love Revolution," recovers with the next track, "February's Quiet" (ranks among the finest Big Star songs, I think). That's followed by "Mine Exclusively," which is good, but it doesn't sound so much like a Big Star song as it does a Chilton solo tune. The remainder of the album, while nothing out-and-out offensive, sounds phoned-in and lackluster. EDIT: On second go-around, I wouldn't say "February's Quiet" is along the same lines as "The Ballad of El Goodo" and the like, but it's still very good and easily the highlight of In Space.
  8. O'Shea Jackson is a terrible rap handle.
  9. Best: The Ballad of El Goodo Worst: The India Song Best: September Gurls Worst: Morpha Too Best: Take Care Worst: Femme Fatale Best: February's Quiet Worst: Love Revolution
  10. One of the few great American rock bands.
  11. It took you that long to figure out you didn't like it? This kind of idiocy exemplifies why I don't go into the the tv/film folder. Now all this thread needs is Downhome to push it over the top.
  12. And I can think of many, many bands I'd rather listen to than the Beatles at their most self-indulgent.
  13. Everything Falls Apart is so incredibly not the worst Husker Du album. Also, if I were five years younger, I'd argue that Flood is the second best TMBG while Mink Car is the worst. (I never bothered with The Spine, so I've no ranking for it.)
  14. Slightly related, I watched 24 Hour Party People today. It was okay at best; the performances were fine, but the film was so concerned with cramming 16 years of story within two hours, that I never really got to know or care about the characters. Look at Ian Curtis, for example. His suicide could've held so much more impact within the film, but all we get is one scene of him looking like something is bothering him, followed by him hanging himself. Also, the movie wants you to know that Curtis and Shaun Ryder were geniuses, but there's nothing in the film to convince me of anything other than the former being a spazzy weirdo and the latter being a braying, obnoxious drug addict.
  15. Since when do frat boys pretend to be eclectic, Czech?
  16. That's My Bush was great. Why hasn't Comedy Central put that shit on DVD yet.
  17. Those dudes wearing girl jeans aren't anywhere near "muscular," though.
  18. Patrick has a shapely bottom.
  19. Fox cut the 2nd season of AD short by two episodes, so they could get a head's up on showing American Dad. That, plus the Family Guy factor, means it must be the worst show on television. Maybe in the entire history of the medium.
  20. I haven't watched American Dad, nor do I intend to.
  21. I like it when animals spray various fluids. Now I'm more set on getting a pug than ever before.
  22. I haven't watched the last couple of seasons of The Simpsons. I even defended the show back when people first started saying it was declining in quality; it wasn't easy cutting the cord on a show I used to love so.
  23. When my cat-owning roommate moves out in two months, I'm thinking of getting a dog. Something small, but not too small. Like a pug.
×
×
  • Create New...