Vern Gagne
Members-
Posts
9071 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by Vern Gagne
-
Probably around that number. Depends on it's just the standard fare. Like Washington, Lincoln..or if they go a little deeper and include Polk, whose considered by most historians to be a Top 10 president.
-
Oh and they were supposed to move the ball up and down the field all day on the Pittsburgh defense, and deserve NO CREDIT for causing the turnovers right? Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but I completely understand the logic here a) had the first FG been one yard closer Brien would have made it b) there was no wind so the conditions werent really that bad even though he was on the river side of the field (I think) . The bottom line is Brien has to make the second FG so its not on Herman Edwards IMO. Not all day, but the reason they where in the game was the TO's, and kick return. Edwards and Henderson deserve credit for the play by the defense. I understand you're point, and yes Brien should make the FG. I just think with close to a minute left, the Jets needed to try to get closer. Nothing to lose, outside of a fumble...but that could happen if you're just trying to run the clock out. Another thing is the Jets should of gotten the ball in the middle of the field. Makes the kick so much easier.
-
I can't even fault Edwards. For all the faults this team had, Edwards was able to inspire them to get this far. Throughout the season, the Jets exceeded the expectations people placed on them. Last week, they beat the Chargers, a team many thought they were going to lose to. Tonight, they came within a hair of beating the Steelers. That kind of success CAN be attributed to Edwards, because he's the guy that keeps this team going. It's easy to see. I blame Brien for missing NOT one -- but TWO -- huge field goals. I blame Hackett for his ever-so-stale offensive gameplan. I blame Pennington tonight for not coming through in the clutch with certain passes. Only 3 points from the offensive in the playoffs is terrible. But I don't blame Edwards. At least not tonight. My point is you never settle for a FG from that distance. Considering conditions and how difficult it is to kick at Heinz Field.
-
Never mind the fact that he got his team to play an OUTSTANDING game lets find some bullshit reason to blindly rip on the coach. Jets didn't play an outstanding game. They stunk offensively, and Pittsburgh had two TO's near the red zone. So it wasn't like Pittsburgh wasn't able to move the ball down field.
-
Maybe if moron Edwards doesn't settle for a FG, and actually tries to move the ball closer, the Jets would have won.
-
He was asking for it
-
Played Cranium on Christmas. A tradition of sorts.
-
Yeah. There relying too much on last week's game and not enough on how horseshit and underachieving the Vikings were the last 10 games of the year.
-
The Susan Lucci Award bit was pretty funny.
-
WTF was that on CBS?
-
Steelers win and cover. Say 23-10.
-
Why. For being a stupid asshole. That's a bush league act, and it's no doubt true considering who the player is. Here's hoping AJ gets a fastball square in middle of the back against Minnesota this year.
-
Good question. Also what about someone like Ty Cobb. He was a bigoted racist prick off the field, but before Babe Ruth he was the biggest name in MLB.
-
Besides the ACC, which is excellent. The other major conferences all seem to be down this season.
-
A big fuck you to ABC for having the Louisville-Cincinnat game, and not UNC-WF.
-
Anyone who was a US citizen is eligible. So someone like Einstein might be eligible, not sure if he ever became a citizen.
-
At least the game would be high scoring.
-
Marion Barber III declared for the draft today. Probably a 3rd round pick at this point. This should give Laurence Maroney a chance to one of the elite backs in college football next year.
-
Two matchups will be decided today.
-
discovery.com top5choices.com The special is in May. So it's still quite a few months away. Don't know how long, people are allowed to vote though. My Top 5 Washington Lincoln Franklin Jefferson Edison
-
Is that paramount to torture, or is it unnecessary humiliation?
-
Well, to be honest, does it truly matter? Think about this for a second: While they are stupid, Baathist fucks for killing our troops, we need to maintain a certain level of dignity. While I might not mind the humiliation, I understand that, on simple principle, it's wrong. We can't do it, because it's just not who we are. I'm all for locking them up, even executing them on site (As in, at the premises), but to do stupid, frat-boy shit like this is not the right way to handle it. :\ And yes, I am very, very inebriated. It's Mad Dog Friday, and I unknowingly agreed to this hell on Earth. May God forgive me. No. More understandable of why they would do this to a terrorist though.