DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
You may recall my preview of the May 5th Raw (see page 1) mentions a shocking heel turn. I realized that the timeline for this makes no sense at all and verified via Cawthon's page nothing of the sort happens on the May 5th Raw. Not sure why Wrestling Information Archive says otherwise. I'm changing it to reflect this. -
It's been happening to me forever with Firefox. I THINK (but am not sure) that it's related to a lot of ad blocking content I have installed in the "themes" or "chrome" or something... I don't know what I was doing, just following the instructions of someone on IRC a few years ago. It really is good at blocking a lot of banner ads (PWI is actually readable!) but I tend to blame it for not allowing things like video pop-up windows. They all work fine in IE.
-
Vince opening the show with "Welcome everyone to MONDAY NIGHT RAW" was great too.
-
We were robbed of hearing Rated RKO's awesome theme! Seriously though, great show. I didn't hear about RVD (though I wondered about it) so that was an awesome surprise. I had such a huge smile on my face during the entire Battle Royal segments... Fink, Goon, Backlund, Repo Man, Ted DiBiase winning it, it was so nice. God I wish it was held at MSG though. Sunny and Trish were looking good and great. I can't believe Steve Blackman looks in no way different. Such a fun show.
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Has me confused with someone else, I think. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
On my Cogeco system we actually have Miz's gift (Undertaker vs Mankind, KOTR 98) but is has the Hogan/Savage description. Oddly enough it is correctly titled "Miz's Gift", just has the wrong description and apparently was put up on the wrong date. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Has a signature stating "The Virtual Console needs this game" above a quote from The Death of WCW. That's a book, luke-o! -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
His birthday falls on the same day as Czech and alkeiper so no one on TSM cares. That's a tough break, kid. -
I hope some of these guys try and go balls out in the BR to earn contracts. I mean, hey, Mr. Perfect got one out of a one night deal in 2002. Sid, this is your time to shine buddy. Also, I have no hope of this happening, but I would mark like a mad man if Muhammed Hasan interupts something tonight only to get beat up by Hogan or someone. Edit: Damnit, Enigma already mentioned him. But that's because I did on IRC!
-
Vader was told by the English speaking producer to 'ham it up' when the host asked the "Is wrestling fake?" question. He did, and apparently it went too far for the hosts liking, and he filed charges. In that respect, it started out as a work, but it turned very real, including the arrest and detainment. And as WWE 24/7 is now remidning me, it lead to Ken Shamrock cutting "incredible" promos where he called Vader a bully, then called out Mike Tyson for God knows what reason, citing he was a bully too.
-
I had it upright before but after observing a friend using theirs on it's side without issues, I went with it. Somehow it actually SAVES room this way (it's a very tight squeeze to get it to fit between the support leg of the table unit AND the VCR/DVD combo, but it sits on top of it and next to the slim PS2 nicely).
-
Enigma's birthday is August 28th.
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Lives in a city that has a bowling alley attached to a hotel (which made down time between rounds in a dart tournament in 2001 go by fast). -
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/raw15/exclusi...w15pollresults/ Kane vs Austin from 1998 getting runner up for best Raw match is a bit perplexing, but that's how WWE.com folk vote I guess. Admittedly, Austin winning the belt was pretty exciting TV in 1998.
-
Maybe I'll watch Raw X before this show just to guarantee it seems even better by default (for some reason I received the DVD of the event only - no extras - for buying some WWE DVD at HMV years ago). On that note, I've actually liked the 3 hour Raws for their "big time" feeling while others had problems with how bloated and unnecessary they seemed, so I can't see how the nostalgia loving 24/7 subscribing mark inside of me won't love this show.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I happened to wake up around 2:30 in the morning and decided to watch that. That was a pretty fun brawl though Bischoff constantly apologizing and getting ready to enforce the WCW longshot policy if someone started bleeding was annoying. I have to hand it to WCW, they really seemed to know how to set up a parking lot brawl to have a lot of fans watching. -
Czech's Birthday Appreciation Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in No Holds Barred
Happy birthday everyone. Al and King are part of TSM's WWE 24/7 Connection so that's cool. Czech honoured me with the tag "sneaky funny" and backed me in my rise to winning the Medicore / Unknown Poster bracket in the 2007 Poster of the Year brackets. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Makes rubbish wages thanks to the bullocks payscale at a UK supermarket, but didn't realize American grocery jockeys would love that kind of cash per hour. YNA's entry for me made me laugh. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Google says he's dead. -
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Hopefully the people that count take notice of this (I mean, I'm sure HHH has and is already pointing it out and finding the numbers for Jericho's segments). -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Ok, I guess Sunflower saying December 9th was legitimate. Just seemed like an odd update day though. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Did anyone get Tribute to the Troops 2006? Because it wasn't listed on WWE.com's schedule and lasts until January 1st, and Cogeco doesn't have it here, I thought Sunflower may have made a typo and it was supposed to start on the 19th (and not the 9th). However, zio tells me he has it... AND received an actual honest to God reply from WWE.com about missing the Monday Night Wars. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Is neither big nor ol. -
Mooney was, at the very least, on Raw #1 (he kept doing interviews outside with Bobby Heenan's various disguises for trying to get in the building). They did feature him in the Raw special when they went back to the USA Network in 2005 after all.
-
Give me Sean Mooney and I'm good. WWE.com keeps putting up polls - I don't know if the old ones are being archived but I've seen at least three TODAY. Hottest Diva, Best Interview Segment, and now Best Faction. DX is running away with that one.