DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Since A) I haven't fixed my Wii online connection and B) I see no one from Canada in this, I guess I'm officially out. Hope it works out well for everyone else.
-
We are close enough to 2008 that I feel we can officially drop the "WWE Announces 2007 DVDs" thread as the DVD discussion thread and move forward into 2008. Upcoming DVDs, courtesy of WWE.com: Survivor Series 2007 (December 26, 2007). Best of Raw: 15th Anniversary (December 26, 2007) Royal Rumble Vol. 3 & 4 (January 8, 2008) Armageddon 2007 (January 15, 2008) Stone Cold Steve Austin's Life & Legacy (February 12, 2008) The "Best of Raw" DVD chapters are listed in the old thread courtesy of Silvervision The WWE.com description for Austin's DVD: Legendary rivalries with Scott Hall, huh? Wonder if that refers to behind the scenes... And the latest on other 2008 DVDs from Mike Johnson at PWI:
-
Which has nothing to do with my comment. I read your tone of "I'm surprised anyone is talking about this game" as "I don't care for the idea of such an expensive game and fail to believe anyone else would buy it, play it, and talk about it". Hey, I kind of agree, I would probably just stick with FH if I had a 360, but since a friend of mine did buy it (and it's not even out in Canada!) and I played it, I have to admit it's awesome. Is Downhome supposed to be some sort of GameStop hype guy and I don't know it? I only that he's a mod and thinks about deceased people when he hears certain songs.
-
I was amused by a news report about how bad the weather is here this morning showed that people had driven in the snowstorm to wait outside for a store to open and get a Wii. Apparently the store was nice enough to let them wait inside.
-
The Rumble has a habit of giving non-main eventers title matches (Benoit, Holly, Henry, Test, Kennedy, etc.) so, while some thought that Rumble title shot stipulation makes HHH beating Jeff a "sure thing", I can totally see a Hardy/Orton title match at the Rumble. That said, HHH will probably still win.
-
YTV in Canada showed the He-Man Christmas Special tonight. I missed it but will lamely watch the west coast feed of it. I can't imagine this appealing to anyone but 20 somethings with He-Man nostalgia but who knows. Kudos, YTV.
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Was never known as "Cuber Mark Madden" despite claims otherwise. Also can't fool me with his edits of typos (well in theory he can, but I caught the "Cyber/Cuber typo before he fixed it). -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Well that's certainly open to interpretation, heh. YNA: Enjoys collecting games and posting pictures to show it. Others followed suit in his thread on the subject. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Saves me from popping in the Mania 23 DVD (next scheduled viewing: March 2008) so that's fine. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I figure there are at least 1 (or 2) "Promotional Consideration" spots being cut too. Although King can probably just tell us in 3 minutes and save me from waiting 5 hours to find out, I would find it awesome if Maria's gift was The Dating Game. I'm not counting on that, though. -
Yeah, I had heard about it being Hogan way before the show. It was considered highly unlikely when I first heard it with Lex Luger still being the best bet.
-
I also thought that, but isn't Hornswoggle only 21 or so? I don't think he would be working on WWE TV at age 14.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Why are those Raws so short? -
I was reading about Lego Batman... that has potential to be amazing.
-
Marvin the hater.... I wish I was playing this game right now. I knocked it for not being Guitar Hero and thus not being an established franchise when my friend set it up at someone's house last week, and proven wrong I was.
-
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
I can't blame WWE - it's a good book and would probably make them cash, but it's not exactly the kind of book they should be attaching their name to without some "polishing" on their part. Good on Bret for not allowing that. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Because I like doing it, that's why (since I'm the guy here doing it with the "WWF / BENOIT ALERT!" I'll assume it's a reference towards me, but I figure you mean it on a grander scale). I do it for fun, though - when Dave Scherer used to point out every typo or historically inaccurate piece of info on WWE.com he seemed to be doing it to make himself feel good about his awful website. -
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Does not have Vince Russo on his Christmas Card list. -
Too slow again. The sad thing is I'm just trying to watch it with no sound (no speakers at work).
-
Per-so-na.
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
A knee slappin good reason to watch SmackDown. -
More like "luke-old"... but not really. Note: save that one for luke-o's 30th birthday wish thread.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I thought it was going to end up being Warrior vs Hogan, but I think that picture on WWE.com is referencing the match being on the History of the WWE Championship. Then again, they did double up on Savage vs Hogan. -
"This video is no longer available"
-
The store? I don't know, is it rare and / or often not in stock? A friend of mine seemed to buy it from a local retailer with no problem, then spent far too much time playing it.