DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
The latest proposal on the EC match is the 6 Rumble finalists fight it out.
-
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
I just hope it's a heel. The last thing we need is Michael Cole and Jack Korpela calling the action. -
Something about Raw just hit me, and I imagine it's a key reason why a 4 match show is getting positive feedback from the net... No 15 minute / several 2 minute Hornswoggle segments!
-
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
I'm happy about the prospect of HHH vs JBL. -
I seem to recall filling a out a survey on WWE.com years ago - probably the same time as the arena ones - and it had questions like "do you like WWE legends on TV?" and things of that nature. There was actually a guy at a stand bugging people to take a quick survey when I went to SmackDown in October but everyone was ignoring him. I probably would have at least checked it out for curiosity purposes but there was no visible WWE logo around the guy which probably worked against them (because who likes filling out random marketing surverys when they don't know what it's about beforehand?). The thing I hate about these surveys is when they ask what you think of unpredictability. Yeah, if booked right something shocking or unpredictable is great, but very often "unpredictable" means "terrible booking that makes no sense BUT swerves you!" (the Vince Russo train of thought).
-
#whatever: A particular poster taking every possible chance to interject himself into threads to say "Benoit is a murderer and they all do steroids! I'm better than all of you for not watching this anymore".
-
If he can get a hearty endorsement from JN News or Marvin, we're all set.
-
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
That's not what PWI said at all. They said she was posing for the cyber club. -
So does Flair have two matches this week, or do you suppose his SmackDown match is off now?
-
The poster above you (forum edition)
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in No Holds Barred
Loves the Hardcore Holly moveset. -
I opted for the KFC Buffet in New Lennox, IL and probably would have been better off making a regular order. I didn't have very much and KFC has a tendency of, hmm, "disagreeing" with me.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
yea me too, so I recorded it on dvd this morning. this version started at the opening bell so they cut out entrances, but unlike the bret dvd they showed the full-post-match events and end with austin walking to the back to the "austin" chant. but yea at least the audio is right in this one. whens the pick your big one coming on? and what won the poll by the way? 1. Happy Birthday. 2. Probably this or next week... Sunflower never knows but it should be mentioned the week of in WWE.com's weekly schedule. 3. Starrcade 92. -
In regards to the Rumble, yeah, in retrospect I am so glad I did not get that. I could buy ALL FOUR volumes from Amazon for cheaper than the entire anthology originally was here, but of course I have no need for the fourht volume. I have 98 and 2000-2001 on tape with no real desire to own 99, but I MAY end up getting it if only to have 2000 and 2001 on DVD. The VHS copies I have of Rumble 1998 and 2000 are those SLP recordings released in Canada (not sure if it was like that in the US) AND was purchased from a video store when they figured anyone that was going to rent it already did... long story short, they have tracking issues. However, since 2000 is the only year I REALLY want on DVD (the VHS of 2001 I have was bought in the US and apparently produced in a higher quality - plus it has no logo blurs) I might just try and track down the original WWF version of the RR2000 DVD. Of course if that's a pain the ass maybe I'll bite the bullet and revel in a DVD quality version of the 98 Rumble (I do like Shawn/Taker, and we all loved the actual Rumble match in high school) and the trainwreck that is the 1999 edition of the show. On the topic of Circuit City, I don't know how long you've worked there or if stores have a local system for ordering vs. a company mandated amount of what to order, but back in 2002-2004 when I was always going to Michigan to look for DVDs, this one shopping plaza in Dearborn has a Best Buy on one side of the street and a Circuit City on the other. Best Buy always had lots of WWE DVDs but were sometimes sold out of more popular ones (The Monday Night War comes to mind). Using the MNW example, I asked someone and he knew exactly what I was talking about and said it was a hot seller but more might come in later. Across the street, they barely had a clue what I was talking about and had one of the more limited selection of wrestling DVDs I had seen at a home entertainment and electronics based big box store.
-
Who stole my account?
DrVenkman PhD replied to rising up out of the back seat-nuh's topic in No Holds Barred
Probably Leena. Case closed. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Mark Henry says his favourite match is Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin from WrestleMania 13 (which the match graphic screen states was held April 2, 1989... good work). I'm going to watch it because it's probably looking better than my VHS copy and I have the first run of the Bret DVD with the out of synch sound version of the match. -
Not that it matters almost 6 years later, but I'm pretty sure "favourite writer" is about wrestling writers, not authors or what have you. Of course, you're free to answer the questions however you feel fit, but if Guest_Maurizio C... Version 2_* comes looking in here for answers, he might be a bit confused.
-
Unanimous thumbs up in the WO.com feedback so far. Also, I believe this is the second time this year the audience has been subjected to Michael Cole saying "Tonight, Edge is a Pittsburgh Stealer!". It is kind of neat that he's won 3 out of 4 world titles in Pennsylvania (2 in Pittsburgh, and it was his only WWE title that was won in another state) though.
-
It could have been the Majors. I imagine finding two indy wrestlers with an Edge type build and grungy blonde hair would be pretty hard (sarcasm), but I'm sure we'll find out. I was happy to see Hardy pin HHH. I also was confused by the person being thrown out the Subway window having Benoit style tights on to the point I wondered if WWE thought it would just be some hilarious rib to imply Chris Benoit got thrown off a Subway, but I remembered someone wearing Benoit style tights on TV recently but couldn't remember who. I'll just go with the Charlie Haas thing mentioned above.
-
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Aren't they on a repeat week due to the PPV or did that sort of thing end when Alverez took the reigns? Either way, you're looking at www.sportsbyline.com -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Yeah, Frisco is a smart bunch. I downloaded some Legends of Wrestling episodes that were available (Heatseekers, Monday Night War, and Bad Asses). Good stuff all around, though I wish I knew the MNW one was 96 minutes. I'm only 51 minutes in and will need to stop it at 8. As usual everyone is very good and making subtle remarks that I find amusing, in particular JR making a comment to the effect of "not sure why it's still not like that [characters based on real life character traits of the performer] but that's a story for another day". Lawler seems pretty annoyed when Hayes calls him out on having his own private dressing room during a conversation about the importance of not singling people out that way. I'd never seen the second jab at Foley that they had Tony do the week he won the title. -
Wow, this board had someone from else my city years ago. That's about all I have to add to this.
-
Script for Impact on 1/3/08 (with working link)
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in TNA Wrestling
I thought changing "Agent" to "Producer" was exclusive to WWE, but apparently not. -
It's news to me if they do. If you're looking at the history of DVDs on dead promotions, I don't think 2005 had one (Rise and Fall of ECW was 2004.. but late 2004) but I know years ago there was a Rise and Fall of WCW on the schedule for a February release. I can't remember if that was supposed to be a February 2005 release to go along with the ECW one, or if the project became the Monday Night Wars DVD (February 2004) but I believe it was the latter - maybe that's not exactly what happened, but I believe the WCW DVD was scheduled for 2004.
-
Surprised no one brought up the promo advertising the Flair angle continuing next week on SmackDown.
-
Script for Impact on 1/3/08 (with working link)
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in TNA Wrestling
"PYRO AND BALLYHOO" I love it and I've barely read it.