DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
The X-Tream on WWE.com!
-
Oh, and of course I won the "Mediocre / Unknown Poster" bracket of the Poster of the Year tournament in March and people seem to actually know who I am now. I even got called "sneaky funny" be Czech. A banner TSM year for me, at any rate.
-
THAT was #1 in the first year you had a girlfriend? To each his own, I guess... I became more social and gained more friends in 2007... and they're all gone. All of the friends I made were people that ended their schooling in April, we hung out a lot, then they went back to school in September and graduated in December and moved away. That sucked. I got a promotion to one of the top spots at my non-Head Office level at work and ended up on steady days after working afternoons for 17 months... and it sucks. It pays more and very often can result in days where I mull about on the internet while my chronies work their ass off, but it's a management job which means there's a bunch of politics AND causes undue stress I can do without. It was only supposed to be an interim promotion while someone was on maternity leave but I got switched work sites and it became permenant, but since they owe me a favour for even taking the job, I'm beginning to think after a few more months of making more money, I'll gladly walk away from the position and cash in my favour to go back to the closer work site for less pay. I'll probably actively search out a different job at that point too. I probably got more life experience in 2007 (between new friends and new work assignments) though, so thumbs in the middle.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Another WCW PPV on 24/7, another "let's do nothing but talk for 10-15 minutes before doing a match". WCW sure loved doing that, eh? Black Saturday was a funny show. The WCW theme playing was just too weird. Did you see the for Mel Phillips was sporting? How about the arms on Joey Marella? Edge, Christian, and Trish's (among others) trainer getting squashed by Iron Sheik seemed no different than any other squash on the JCP shows. It also has to be said the double team move that Adonis and Murdoch used to win their match was awesome. MNW: That tag match on Nitro with Hugh Morrus and Ice Train was so bad. Ice ALWAYS seemed out of place and confused and the ending with Hugh being like "screw this Moonsault" and not doing it was the icing on the cake. Not Bradshaw/Trish vs Nowinski/Jackie bad (is anything?), but really a brutal tag match for live TV. I was really into Raw (and even Nitro!) this week though. I don't know, this was one of my favourite eras so I'm digging the Austin and Bret promos, and Faarooq made me laugh with all his black champion talk. Seeing RVD do the frogsplash then IMMEDIATELY get up is a weird visual too... it was also a bit weird that Hat Guy could be seen in the audience at the end of the RVD match, way off near the ramp during a camera pan. He was probably happy to have made the trip. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Hey, does anyone remember Championship Wrestling from Florida? I wonder if those will ever come back. And then from there, I wonder if AWA episodes will ever air without a host. And then from there, I wonder if I'll care? I don't really miss these things - I don't think I even watched the last few CWF episodes they put up. -
That tag match on Nitro with Hugh Morrus and Ice Train was so bad. Ice ALWAYS seemed out of place and confused and the ending with Hugh being like "screw this Moonsault" and not doing it was the icing on the cake. Not Bradshaw/Trish vs Nowinski/Jackie bad (is anything?), but really a brutal tag match for live TV. I was really into Raw (and Nitro!) this week though. I don't know, this was one of my favourite eras so I'm digging the Austin and Bret promos, and Faarooq made me laugh.
-
Herb Abrams' UWF begins airing on ESPN Classic next week
DrVenkman PhD replied to GreatWhiteNope's topic in General Wrestling
Blackjack Brawl has aired from time to time on ESPNC Canada. It's pretty bad, but funny. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The never wrong wikipedia says Santino debuted in 2004, not 1995. I am LOVING the way he's hosting these Shorties, though. "HHH came along and showed more talent than anyone since Sal Bellomo!" "Hunter may make a great king, but he'll never be the King of Kings" - Lawler from the May 12th Raw. That amused me. -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
As I briefly mentioned in the main discussion thread, Cogeco here didn't get ANY Shorties (and only half of the free stuff, but who cares). They've been pretty good lately so hopefully this is corrected. -
Yeah, there's this "power up" thing (my brother & I just call it "the fingernail") that always shows up in the last level. You have to get it in order to advance to fight the final boss. And you can't get the "happy" ending (heh) in 1 player - you need to play 2-player to get the "real" ending. If you beat it in 1-player, it tells you to play 2-player to get that ending. My brother & I have beaten the game a bunch of times in 2-player, but I don't think either of us have played all the way through in 1-player. My cousin and I managed to beat the game with the good ending a few times, but it was very hard. We had problems with the boss, but yeah, if memory serves, just GETTING to the boss properly required you to get the power-up (which we thought was a potion? A book / Bible? I don't quite remember) from a tight location AND make it to the doorway before the level ended / scrolled away.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Jericho's debut and Austin stunning Vince are also on the DVD (and Jericho's debut is also on 24/7 OnDemand) but yeah, that's cool of them to put 4 more episodes of Raw up on the first update of the month. Hooray, I properly researched all of the correct debut matches for the first Shorties update (which I don't have on Cogeco yet!) but I apparently forgot the Umaga one, which would be the 15th one I realized was missing. I'm pretty sure I saw it on Sunflower's site previously so I must have just missed it when typing up the schedule (it is a bit jumbled when they add so much). I watched the intro to Black Saturday last night - it's so weird hearing the now familiar World Championship Wrestling 80s theme and then Vince cutting to matches. The first match even had a weird NWA/WCW vibe because of the way the ring/ropes/turnbuckles looked. -
My Raw DVD recap/review
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfvyEPI3FEI
-
I liked that the Raw Roulette promo actually said "Spin the wheel, make the deal".
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
It will likely either be in Texas, California, or Florida. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
My bad, I didn't notice this thread when I made the other one. Carry on. -
I hate these US only deals
-
I thought Jonah Hill was funnier in Accepted and Justin Long is funnier than Michael Cera!
-
A new year is here and the official build to WrestleMania begins this month. That's all I got right now.
-
Rumble 92 has a brief 4 second or so sound byte of the "right" theme. It's sad that got lost, I loved it. At least I have the mp3s of the real opening from 91 and 92. What's really inconsistent is the fact that on the 96 and 97 Rumbles - now that every guy has entrance music - they can use "Don't Go Messin With a Country Boy", The Orient Express theme (gone from 91 and 92) for Omari, and the Luchadores come out to music that got overdubbed in their non-Rumble match. I'm assuming this has to do with the fact I think you're legally allowed to play x-amount of seconds/notes of a song before you need to pay for it, and 5-10 seconds for entering the Rumble is fine, I guess.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Oh, so they DID post MNW today? I assumed it was a typo on Sunflowers part and my system doesn't have it. -
Sounds good. I just noticed in screen shorts it was a cartoony character running around on a scrolling screen with a huge gun, so you can see why I would think there was some relation.
-
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Well, it IS televised outside of North America, so I guess it could count. -
WWE General Discussion - December 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Emerson Witner = UTS? Ouch. Useless or not, way to bash a guy for sending you information. If you find it a waste of time, thank the emailer politely and just don't use it. I think Meltz came off harsher than he intended. I'm finding it hard to explain but I would think he was more saying how useless the results of the results stats are when the tag team with the most televised wins is a jobber act, if that makes any sense. On that note, these results must have used Heat because I can't even think of 16 times the Highlanders were on TV, let alone winning. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I'll take just about anything in Shorties after December's "Here's 22 things you own on DVD and 3 you don't". That's more my fault I guess though - there are times where it's really obvious that anywhere from 25-50% of 24/7 is not for tape/DVD collectors (Mania month being one of them). Plus I haven't seen the Chuckabilly wedding in 5 years and I recall it being entertaining comedy.