DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
This is hardly something to play the Mr. Perfect entrance theme for.
-
Krusty: I used to think I was a self hating jew, but now I find out I'm just an anti-semite! Wolfcastle: We have much to discuss!
-
AVGN has a new (actually old and unreleased from 2006) video up, "Chronologically Confused about the Zelda Timeline". As a fan of AVGN, Zelda, and the original "Confused" video, this could be promising. Speaking of AVGN, what the hell happened to Alex Puma?
-
I have the worst luck when I flip to Impact. Two weeks ago I managed to only catch the segment where they talked about how good the ratings where for the Christmas gimmick show (cabbageboy summed up that segment quite nicely). This week I flip over and JB is asking AJ if he farted.
-
Benoit and Yokozuna accept your endorsement.
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
I have part 1 and that's it. Oh Cogeco, why are you reverting to your bad ways? Edit: Everything is now up to date. -
EHME ruined my shut-out! NYU - the vote was a tough call and I really did like your tongue-in-cheek "vote for me thread" (the rant about Jericholic82 was great stuff). VX - Yes, I know you don't yell at non-vegetarians. I was just being funny.
-
My favourite Hutz moment is when Bart and the bum that created Itchy and Scratchy show Hutz his "Works on Contingency - No Money Down" ad. "That's a misprint, see - "Works on Contingency? No, Money Down!" "So... you DON'T work on contingency?" "No! Money down! Oh, and this Bar Association logo shouldn't be here either".
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
From today's WO update: -
Herb Abrams' UWF begins airing on ESPN Classic next week
DrVenkman PhD replied to GreatWhiteNope's topic in General Wrestling
Man, I wish I could have seen this: -
Terribly inaccurate wrestling predictions you made
DrVenkman PhD replied to King Kamala's topic in General Wrestling
Here's one that I remembered based on JHawk bringing up Vader and 1996: I was CERTAIN that Jake Roberts was going to become the 1996 King of the Ring, but if not him, it would be Vader. -
IBS: 1. Milky - the odds on favourite. 8. MIB: I've come around to luke-o a great deal over the past year, but just as he went months without noticing the avatar his custom title was referring to no longer worked, he's now promoting a red x / blank image as a game that needs to be on the Virtual Console. 4. Ripper - he's entertaining in ways he probably doesn't even mean to be. 5. Agent - I was going to use the "he's neither big nor ol" line but cheech already did. 2. Me 7. CG. Nightwing seems like a good egg but CG is Canadian and a Habs fan. 3. Matt Young - See KKC's reasoning. And I even bitched at him for turning a Raw thread into a "let's post pictures of our girlfriends to show how cool we are" contest with RonL. 11. CWM - I like him, he liked Tuxedo Mask, and he's in need of some votes right now. H,IAR: 1. KKC - Everyone has their "easiest pick" of the round, and hands down this is mine. 9. Chris - I like to vote for my fellow Canadians, assuming they are deserving (see above bracket as an example of one not being deserving). 4. King - big fan of his 24/7 review blog. 12. Mr. Rant - I like this guy and his avatar. KOAB's Ahmed Johnson sigs got me funny looks at work when people walked by (but maybe that was 2006 - a vote for Mr. Rant all the same). 15. JN News - News has an MSN Source for news about the death of Chris Masters, a blue demon version of Edge as a sig, and brought us the term "Pizza Hut's Game Face". What has Slayer done all year besides be a consistently good / funny poster? (seriously though, if too many people give joke votes to JN, that would suck - right now it looks like we're good). 7. Socks - Be careful when you sleep, this guy has all kinds of votes. 14. Mole - I like CMM / Mo104F / etc., but Mole kept voting for me last year and is an Office fan. I also liked his Summer Movie Box Office Prediction thread... but he's not going anywhere in this tournament either way. 6. Treble - I have little problem with Jingus but I can certainly see why other do, but Landlord Lois gives treble an easy vote here. CB: 1. Czech - Thanks for introducing me to the comedic world of Eagle Man. 8. Alfdogg - I can't think of anything Devo's said or done off hand. 4. Kinetic, but barely. Always liked PK. 5. pbone - An overnight hit with the CS crowd who I didn't "get", but I've come around to thinking he's good. Not as great as people said, but not bad. 2. VX - Tough call because despite his TheFranchise having an incredible generic name and stock avatar, his British sensibility amuses me at times and I kinda got a kick out of him and luke-o talking pounds and pence - and working in a grocery store... AND VX is always telling the food folder their unhealthy jerks on their way to an early grave for not eating tofu and giving up meat. But VX is still good people who endorsed me early writings. 10. Tough call because GF has been pretty supportive of me lately (he's made two references to me being a good poster in his blog in the past month!) but I'm a big fan of YNA and his huge collection of games. Heeeeeey. 3. El Dandy - I love this guy! 6. Bob - I like Bob. PF: 1. BL - I would have EASILY voted for him here anyway, but his Gina sig puts him way over the bizarre tries way too hard antics of Taiga. 8. Sensei - No reason in particular, just like the guy. 13. Spiff - One of my favourites. He makes fancy posts and has pants to match. 12. Byron - could have picked either one. 2. Al - Not sure if this new "Pimp" gimmick will take him to the promised land, but I like him. 10. Andrew - Cheech is great and pretty funny but I go a ways back with Andrew. We don't always agree on what's good or bad about videa games, and my good pal World's Worst Man doesn't like him or some of the silly arguments they had, but I still have no problem with him and actually feel pretty bad about that brief period of time where WWM and I decided to turn threads in the VG folder into our own playground and in-jokes at TS's expense. 3. Smues - really easy, I like Smues and have no idea who the other guy is. 6. "Scroty" - why do/did we have a filter on his name? Marvin... the things he does that annoy people, despite the fact he really would have to go out of his way to make an image of text to get "W ! !" past the word filer, I don't think he does JUST to annoy people. I want to believe he legitimately doesn't realize how annoying/dumb things like that are. But yeah, Scroby for the win.
-
It's all the worse when you realize it was already discussed in the General Discussion thread AND there's discussion of Ron Killings leaving TNA that edgehead doesn't even discuss... just says the Chris Harris is the "Mass TNA Exodus". Well played, Mr. Head.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Actually they should be announcing Bret vs HBK for KOTR soon, then it's cancellation due to their backstage fight. -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
For what it's worth, this OnDemand "upgrade" only seems to effect one of my cable boxes (not sure if it's an older or newer model - it's the most recent one I got as a spare, but it's HUGE compared to the smaller one I got in 2006, which I thought was the new, smaller stnadard). My original cable box has the same menus. -
Somehow I forgot to add support behind alkeiper and Mr. Rant.
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
Zero updates here this week. That hasn't happened in ages, but it's worth noting that I now get a "Welcome to On Demand" loading message instead of "PLEASE WAIT" or whatever it used to say, so maybe their making changes / upgrades. Edit: Yeah... now I have price tags on OnDemand shows. Of course the channels I subscribe to (and apparently ones I don't, like the Anime channel) list things as being free so that's fine, but it's opening the possibility of screw-ups in the future. I never knew what anyone was talking about before when saying things like "HHH's debut is listed as costing $8.99". -
VX Sensei Milky Slayer cheech King Kamala Classic King AndrewTS Spaceman Spiff Smues And hooray for me having my own merit this year!
-
I almost always love the Rumble match itself and the undercard is looking really strong this year. Add in a hot MSG crowd and we're in for a good PPV.
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxx_Muscle Long story short, he retired in 2001 after a career as an indy guy, both before and after WCW (though it notes he actually had some wins over Kato in the Fed at house shows / try-outs).
-
That would explain why, on times where I thought I was screwing up and holding down wrong / too many buttons, it said I hit everything.
-
Yep, just calling it a "career threatening match". That's good, MVP can still job without another DQ/CO type finish and keep his title warm for Matt (who, unless they are keeping him out even longer, might even cost MVP the match). I'll admit it, I'll probably mark out a bit if Taker and Foley start throwing fists during the Rumble.
-
Yeah, well I watched the 1999 Royal Rumble!
-
Good one, Vanhalen Brigante.
-
I was talking about a sequence like this (or similar, don't quite remember): OO O O O O O O So, if I hold green that entire time, wouldn't I get penalized for holding it during the reds where green shouldn't be held? Edit: Well the board automatically de-spaced it, but maybe you get the idea. Basically I'm talking individual notes.