DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
I'm assuming that 90% of the wrestler articles on WWE.com are being ghostwritten. As for real articles, I recommend Striker's "Striker in Real Life" series. -
Edit: Moved last bit to the Rumble thread. I'll make predictions after Raw.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Good idea. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
-
He was confused and meant King (as opposed to King Kamala Classic). Allow it! Edit: See?
-
Shirt turns are my favourite kind of turns! Mark Henry ripping off his crappy homemade "ROCKY SUCKS" shirt to reveal a Nation shirt? Classic. Why did Henry join the Nation, anyway? On that topic, I don't remember why Ahmed joined the nation... the Raw that's on 24/7 now hints at him going heel, agreeing with Faarooq about no black people being world champ yet, but he goes on how about how Faarooq is a big racist and he hates him.
-
All right! Two votes in a row. So with 3 hours left, the questions is... am I above going into the 24/7 thread and asking my fans there for some votes? Perhaps AndrewTS and crew? Yeah... this year, I think I am. If they vote, they vote. If I lose, I lose.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Oh yeah, props to MNW for it having the "Sunny days" promo. The Nitro debut is pretty great. Look for my review on WO.com within 2 weeks. As for Shorties, which showed up today for me, I guess they decided The Ringmaster's Raw debut didn't count so they went with Steve Austin's debut against Savio. The spot where Savio goes for three arm drags but Austin doesn't walk into the third one, causing Vega to leap into the air and spin around before landing on the mat is AWESOME. It just looks so silly that it rules. As with 2 weeks ago, Santino's intros are great. "Y2J was supposed to be the greatest thing since Antinio Rocca". -
At one point in the other thread I was going to point out that double duty hasn't happened since 2000 - and even then, it was part of an angle where the day of the show Kaientai and the Posse got kicked out of the Rumble to make way for Jericho, Holly, Chyna, The Outlaws, and APA (that doesn't add up but that's how it was promoted). The exception was going to be 2003, where Show/Lesnar had a match to open the show where the winner got to be in the Rumble, so that wouldn't count, but then I watched the 2005 Rumble and for no real reason Shawn and Edge got to do double duty, so I guess it's happened more recent than I thought. Angle also stole Nunzio's number but that obviously doesn't count as advertised double duty. The "rule" (which never matters since wrestling has a very loose rule continuity) that was specifically mentioned in 2004 was if you had a match on the card, you couldn't be in the Rumble (Kurt had sort of tricked Eddie into having a match with Chavo on the show, thus removing him from the Rumble).
-
I'm looking forward to seeing it all unfold in recaps on Prime Time Wrestling on 24/7.
-
Terribly inaccurate wrestling predictions you made
DrVenkman PhD replied to King Kamala's topic in General Wrestling
After seeing Taka vs Sasuke on Raw, I was sure the Light Heavyweight Division would take off and be a big hit with fans. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
If memory serves me right, he also leaped over the top rope to get into the ring and did a missile dropkick against Viscera. -
Remember the TSM Predictions betting? No, seriously, does anyone? I think I participated once and it never happened again. I'll fill this thing out later though... I haven't done Play-Per-View on Stablewars (WrestleMania XX champ!) in a long time and I miss it but, you know how it is.
-
Well that's the end of me.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Not in WWF, but ECW had a big feud. There is a brief segment from the commentary table where, as they recap the previous weeks RVD debut, Lawler expresses unhappiness over Paul Heyman putting legal action in place to keep Van Dam off Raw. I'm pretty sure him and King wrestle the Headbangers on an episode of Shotgun though. zappa: For whatever reason, Austin's debut is not against Matt Hardy as the Ringmaster but against Savio Vega as Steve Austin, so I guess Ringmaster doesn't count. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
We're still lacking SD spoilers, but WWE.com mentions the main event is Punk/Rey vs Edge/Chavo along with Finlay/Khali. Flair will be in the "Players Lounge". -
I think it's 32 in since I have Milky leading me 18-14... or I'm missing something (hopefully something for me, if I am).
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
. Asshole Lawler cracks me up during these Raws. He was such an ass on commentary about Dakota, but I laughed ("The stork probably got arrested for carrying dope"). It was also nice to see the progression of Rock - he did the at that time transition move but future Rock Bottom, a picture perfect "Hurricane" DDT (which he couldn't seem to execute at all in 1998, but it appears to have a lot to do with how your opponent positions himself too), and a nice crossbody. That sure was a dazzling debut for Scott Taylor against Leif Cassidy. I have no idea how Rob Bartlett made it 8 episodes. He's awful. -
I have in real life (well, maybe not FOUR)! Friend living with his sister and her family: I never really "got" Full House, but being the brother living in a house with kids, I do now. Me: Full House had no black people. F: *laughs* M: No, wait, Michelle or Stephanie was freinds with the Sister Sisters Smart Guy brother. Must have been Michelle, Stephanie was friends with Harry and Mr. Bear. M: Would that make (other friend) Uncle Joey if he moved in there? Maybe you could make him a spare room but not tell him, making him think you threw all his stuff away. I guess that's not four.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Guilty Pleasure: I LOVE Bob Holly's New Generation era music, and I get to hear a lot of it on this episode of Raw. I didn't realize this was the Mankind interview episode. The dramatic theme remixes for these things are tremendous. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Watching Mongo and Rick Steiner in the ring is pretty bad, everything just seems sloppy. Rick looked like he gave Mongo a shoulder tackle but Mongo just stood there and Rick did some weird spin. The top rope bulldog spot was bad too, but what do you expect. This Nitro has been fairly unspectacular. Well this is what I get for looking forward to a main event involving an nWo member. The ending of Nitro was kinda cool though. Lushus should be happy with the wheelchair superkick footage that opens Raw. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Good stuff, thanks. Haha, that instant replay mess up for Riggs/Wallstreet was pretty funny. Nice of 24/7 to give Valvoline some free promotion. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Ernest Miller! Now we're cooking, Nitro. To be fair, the kicks he did (and Kanyon's selling of them) looked pretty cool. Ooooh, a "major star" set to debut in June in Las Vegas! It's not Stevie, is it? -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
WWE.com has a video of HHH talking about Shawn's bald spot showing up in HD. Remember when they edited that photo to cover it up? Times are changin. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
I don't think Birmingham is internet friendly. I'm probably remembering wrong, but it seems to me the last smart ass "so does know one in <city> have computers?" was about somewhere in Alabama.