Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Because there are some repeats (EHME stole Kamala's joke about JN News word for word, for example): 104. Bossman lasted 25 minutes in his Survivor Series debut and wasn't even pinned. Lashley lasted just over 7 minutes before being pinned - the FIRST MAN in the match to be pinned to boot. 105. Lashley lasted a mere 4:17 in his first (and only) Royal Rumble match and was the 6th man eliminated. Bossman lasted 4:18 in HIS Royal Rumble debut and was the 22nd man eliminated... AND it took Hogan to do it!
  2. One of my friends kept laughing because of how corny the movie was. She apparently pissed off some diehard Condemned fans.
  3. Fun movie going fact in terms of people who should know better: I saw "Kickin' It Old School" in theatres on the SAME NIGHT I saw The Condemned in theatres. This was back when a group of us were going to the movies every Tuesday and taking advantage of the now permanent (originally it was supposed to be only until the end of Summer) $4.20 pricing. We just started going again (those of us still in town) - Rambo this Tuesday!
  4. The menus look different on the front page but if you click on anything, it looks as it has for some time.
  5. I do like that their reasoning to NOT put Hardy over is to keep title changes to a minimum. However, sound reasoning as it may be, they should not use an excuse of creating a better history over having a potentially better future financially. Strike while the iron is hot. Don't even give the belt back to Orton - I know they hate face vs. face main events, but if you put Edge and Taker as the main event then you can do the mid-main event as HHH vs. Hardy - they already have an established backstory to boot. It's seems like a foregone conclusion Edge goes over Rey, but hey, maybe they'll do some crazy booking there to build to a face vs. face Rey vs. Batista title match while Undertaker vs. Edge becomes a no title on the line never been pinned streak vs streak match. Though I see neither of these things happening (and actually am opposed to the second scenario), there is always the CHANCE that unpredictable things could go down.
  6. Comic Book Guy acting as a hardcore Simpsons fanatic while the town loudly exclaims "NO!", they do not care what he thinks, lends to your theory.
  7. Admittedly I went from "I will never watch this" to "Maybe I'll watch this on TV in a year" when I saw Diedrich Bader involved.
  8. January 31st according to the site.
  9. 1. Who will win the 2008 Royal Rumble? (2 pts.): Undertaker 2. Who will be the runner-up? (3 pts.): Batista 3. Who will be the iron-man? (5 pts.): Mr. Kennedy 4. Who will have the shortest time? (5 pts.): Santino - he will enter with a mic and run down the people currently in the ring, causing them all to immediately "Hassan" him when he enters. 5. Who will have the most eliminated opponents? (3 pts.): Umaga 6. Who will draw #1 and #2 (3 pts each, 3 bonus for accurately naming both): Cody Rhodes and Carlito 7. Who will draw the most successful winning entry of #27? (5 pts.): Triple H 8. Who will draw the #30 spot? (5 pts.): Hornswoggle 9. What will be the eventual winning #? (5 pts): 21 10. Will there be any surprise/unannounced entrants? (No point value) Yes, by default as only 25 entrants are announced on WWE.com and it's the day of the show. (3 pts. each) Big Show, Cactus Jack, Bob Backlund, Shane McMahon, and Masked Charlie Haas 11. Will the endurance record of 62:12 set by Mysterio be broken? (No point value): No. If so, what will the new record be? (Closest to the supposed new record gets 10 pts) For the sake of not throwing 10 points if there IS a new record, 63:21 12. The final six men eliminated will compete in the second chance Elimination Chamber next month (they will? I don't recall WWE announcing that but let's just pretend newsletter predictions are official stipulations I guess), who will those people be? (3 pts. each, 10 pts bonus for accurately naming all): Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, CM Punk, Batista, HHH, and HBK (with the final four being Batista/Taker/HHH/HBK - that would be cool). 13. How many instances of interference by non-active competitors will we see? (3 pts.): 1 14. How many people will Hornswoggle eliminate? (3 pts.): 1 with Finlay's help. 15. Will anyone bleed? (no point value), if so, who? (2 pts): Probably not, but HHH if anyone (maybe after a Regal brass knuckle attack). Edit: Punk is now "announced" so I removed him from "Unannounced".
  10. That one is kind of dubious though... it was a billed as a unification match with the idea the IC title would no longer exist afterwards. But yes, it headlined No Mercy 2002.
  11. How could I forget this (probably because after 400 plus episodes a lot of the jokes run together)... A Milhouse Divided is home to one of my all time favourite gags. *Establishing shot of "Stoner's Pot Palace"* Otto: Man, that is flagrant false advertising! Kirk: Single life is great, Homer. I can do whatever I want. Today I drank a beer in the bathroom. Homer: The one down the hall? Kirk: Yeah! And another great thing, you get your own bed. I sleep in a racing car, do you? Homer: I sleep in a big bed with my wife. Kirk: Oh, yeah... Marge: I'm going into the dining room to have a conversation. If you want to join me, fine. (Goes into dining room and imitates a second voice) Hello Marge, how's the family? (In regular voice) I don't want to talk about it! Mind your own business! Homer: Keep it down in there!
  12. No problem, and I'll use this Cole talk to segue into "Who do YOU want to do play by play for the Rumble"? A two man team? A three man team? JR / Lawler / Cole? Styles / Coach / Larry Adamle? Larry Adamle / Larry Csonka? Lots of options.
  13. I thought he did. Wasn't he just recently promoted to said job? (and by recently, I think I mean the fall of 2006). Edit: Wow, APRIL 2006.
  14. "Big wheel down at the cracker factory" is a good one, but I don't know if that's from that episode or the one where Milhouse learns how they salt crackers (dog sled) and get the peanut butter into the peanut butter sandwich crackers. When Kirk get's fired: Boss: "Maybe single people eat crackers. We don't know. Frankly we don't want to know. It's a market we can do without".
  15. Would it be neat or stupid if you have someone like Tommy Dreamer win and challenge Chavo Guerrero for the ECW title at Mania because he "knows he can't beat Orton or Edge"? It's... a different storyline than the usual but it also kind of devalues the Rumble a bit. That's the problem with having an underdog win, though it can be done right. WWE.com's Top 10 Rumble Moments also note that we are quickly approaching the "20008" Royal Rumble. I think we still have several centuries before that, Michael Cole.
  16. Yes but that's generally the case every year, and with a few exceptions it's only been since 2004 or so (if you didn't believe they'd pull the trigger with Benoit) we've actually had multiple choices on who could win, but it always comes down to 1-3 people. There was no way in hell anyone but HHH and Lesnar would be winning their respective Rumbles, both of which were fun matches, and it was pretty much guaranteed it had to be Cena or Batista in 2005 and Undertaker or HBK in 2007 (and in both instances, that's how the final two ended up). Taker and HBK were the final two last year and put on a HELL of a dramatic show to close the Rumble match. This led to a few tag matches - one main evented No Way Out, one was on Raw - between HBK/Cena and Batista/Taker, but the Rumble really left you wanting to see another one on one match between the two.
  17. Marge hastily hiding the Allied Biscuit box cracks me up too.
  18. It's also the first time HHH, HBK, and Undertaker have all (potentially) been in the ring at the same time since 1997 or so. Put Foley and Batista in the mix with their interesting pasts with those men and it could be a rare treat.
  19. Sounds like the work of the Tagruato Corporation. Look out for monsters.
  20. Just some clarification King because I know you weren't watching WWE at the time so I can help with a few of your (perhaps rhetorical) questions / comments. 1. It's my opinion that Miz won the vote because at that time, it was rumoured that Morrison was supposed to be winning back the title as soon as he returned and BDV was getting a push, so if you wanted Punk to retain the title, you voted for Miz (which is what I did) even if it means a worse PPV match. Weird thinking in retrospect. 2. While steel cage is normally a forgone conclusion in terms of winning a stipulation vote, HHH and Umaga had a hell of a tear apart brawl before on the Raw before the PPV and voters probably wanted more.
  21. The weird thing is here with Cogeco, not only is there NOT and HD option for the show (which is maybe in the hands of Viewers Choice Canada?), there are NO replays, not even at 11:30. The show airs tomorrow at 8pm and that's it for the next two weeks according to my guide. There are plenty of showings of Women's Erotic Wrestling 22: Nude Sex War, though. The "no encore" thing doesn't matter at all to me but it seems odd... maybe no one (as in, literally nobody) orders encores in the internet age? It is kind of pointless.
  22. That's some viral marketing they have going on... now they have a REAL satellite crashing down to Earth!
  23. The longer WWE.com goes with SIX unfilled spots, the more I think they're going to pull some Foley shenanigans.
  24. It exists. While Al mentioned WM2 build as a reason for TNT being good this week, it's worth noting TNT also rules it by having the "Real American" music video.
  25. Or Undertaker, if not some crazy choice. I had a weird dream I took a Sunday afternoon nap and woke up at 8:40pm, only to find out they did the Rumble match first and I missed most of it and my guests couldn't come in because no one was there to let them in, so I went looking for them and missed the whole thing. A chilling vision of things to come? I hope not.
×
×
  • Create New...