Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Like I had the last time I was in Japan, I propped up my perfumed Pink Panther on the dresser and wrote long, sappy letters home. I became Tom's drinking buddy, often protecting him from himself. Without me around he grew lonely, dangerous and occasionally cruel.
  2. From WWEShop: Twist of Fate: The Matt and Jeff Hardy Story September 27, 1998 two young wrestlers made their debut on Sunday Night Heat. From their very first match the fans knew they were something special. Risk takers, crash and burners these two performers exemplified the heart and soul of the tag-team division. Simply put, they are artists – both in and out of the ring. SummerSlam 2000, the Hardys’ competed in their first ever Ladder Match, rocketing them through the ranks of the tag team division winning the titles on four occasions and making the Tables, Ladders and Chairs match a staple in the WWE. While they may have gone their separate ways they have managed to capture the Intercontinental, Hardcore, European, Light Heavyweight, WCW Tag Team and Cruiserweight Championships respectfully. Now, relive “Team Extreme” once more as they continue to climb to new heights when you own the Hardys Twist of Fate DVD. Disc 1 The Matt Hardy Story Matt Hardy was born to wrestle—from his earliest days in homemade rings he and his brother created through his unbelievable matches on WWE SmackDown. The road to the top wasn’t always smooth, including some behind-the-scenes battles with other superstars that spilled into the ring. This DVD tells Matt’s complete story, and collects some amazing matches. Matches include: OMEGA Wrestling Tag Team Title Match The Hardy Boyz vs. The Serial Thrillaz No DQ; No Count Out Match: Matt Hardy vs. Kane Steel Cage Match: Matt Hardy vs. Edge Money in the Bank Qualifying Match Matt Hardy vs. Joey Mercury Matt Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy Disc 2 The Jeff Hardy Story Jeff Hardy has ascended from one of the top tag teams in WWE history to a wildly popular singles star with the WWE Championship in his sight. This DVD examines his colorful career in and out of the ring, including his recent spectacular success on Raw. Matches include: The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudleys Intercontinental Title Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H Steel Cage Match for the Intercontinental Championship Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro Money in the Bank Qualifying Match Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin World Tag Team Title Match The Hardys vs. Cade & Murdoch Winner Gets WWE Championship Title Shot at Royal Rumble: Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H Steel Cage Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga -- That's some pretty vague information (I would like to think the IC title match is the one Jeff won, not the one where he lost the belt back to HHH in quick fashion) but sounds interesting, and the phrasing "Matches Include:" suggests there may be more to the story. Though you'd think it would be examined in the feature story, from a listed match stand point, there's nothing on the V1 character.
  3. Mole can feel free to rename this later to a proper thread. People seem to know things about the Joe film - discuss here (with tags)!
  4. In Canada there was a technical problem with Raw - it joined in progress at 9:15 instead of being on the 15 minute tape delay so we only saw the ending to Vince / Hornswoggle (for the better I assume) and the show wasn't even in HD due to a technical problem (maybe the same one that caused it to be JIP). It went into HD during the Cena / Nascar commercial, then I fell asleep before Hardy / Shawn got going. That sucked. On the bright side I SHOULD be home from work in time to catch the afternoon replay of the match.
  5. Joe seems like the kind of worker Vince would sign just to prevent him from breaking out and helping another company gain ground. He clearly has nothing to be concerned about right now. On another note, on one of the polls on WWE.com, with well over 2 million votes in (though not necessarily 2M unique votes), Jeff Hardy is dominating the poll for the Elimination Chamber (53% of the vote in a 6 man race). People really want to see him win.
  6. I would assume the writers are free to help out Stewart and Colbert at anytime. Colbert's (the character) insistence that his writers murdered someone and they were free to each write out something he could read on the air showing they are innocent was pretty funny.
  7. The kid with George Steele at the Boston show looked like he was having a hell of a time. And yeah, that was some kickass music for The Machines. TNT really is an interesting show when it has a purpose. I enjoyed the NFL player interviews (though Bill Fralic's was really bad). That also reminded me that I should start the March to Mania pretty soon.
  8. I have no problem with Joe, he just seems too young to play a character I imagine as way older than me. That's what happens when you get old.
  9. Tommy from 3rd Rock From the Sun is Cobra Commander? How does that even make sense, he's barely older than me.
  10. Yeah, lately I like getting games from big box stores since they don't do in-store pre-ordering. I used to always pre-order from EB (and still might since they opened one close to home).
  11. When I bought Mario Galaxy (a hold out from not having rechargeable batteries handy since my charger broke) and a Wiimote charger (that solves that problem!) from a US GameStop over the weekend they were pretty insistent I pre-order Brawl and Kart as they were both due out soon and they "already have 450 pre-orders for Smash Brothers". I said I bet a lot of those were from people wanting the game back in November and he just kind of agreed with me. I guess my point was they do have a Mario Kart standee and are asking people to pre-order it, but yeah, I'm not counting on it coming out so soon.
  12. Yeah, looked it up: May 31st Shotgun: Farooq, Savio Vega, & Crush defeated WWF World Champion the Undertaker, Vader, & Mankind (w/ Paul Bearer) when Farooq pinned Vader with a roll up. The very next week Mankind was teaming with Ahmed Johnson.
  13. I have this memory that Taker joining Bearer led to a 6 man tag on Shotgun / Metal where Taker/Vader/Mankind took on 3 other guys... but unless that happens THIS Saturday (in 24/7 time), I can't see that fitting because Mankind is about to be a face. Or it didn't happen at all. I watched ECW today and noticed they have a "new" set for the present day segments. Interesting. The Superbomb Neckbreaker move that Richards took was pretty cool.
  14. Which is a shame. Here's a question for you: Is the movie called "Step Up 2: The Streets" or "Step Up 2 The Streets", because I've never heard of "Step Up". Movie commercials make it sound like it is a sequel but th title arrangement and relatively obscurity to my circle of friends and myself of a first "Step Up" has them thinking the "2" is street talk. I suppose I could just look this up myself but I enjoy asking the community questions. Also, kinda bummed that there's nothing I want to see this Tuesday or apparently next... we had a good 3 week run with the return of our Tuesday Movie Night group.
  15. Black people have names like Carl while white people have names like Lenny.
  16. Zilla was on TV here last week - I thought in my memory it at least had special effects going for it, but they don't seem to have aged well in 10 years (his big foot walking around just looks so fake and post-produced... of course it is, but I thought it was done better). The blond girl who seemingly never worked again after the movie is cute though (Maria Pitillo or something like that).
  17. There was only one Zilla movie (two if you count Final Wars) and you probably don't want to own it. Snobby "Zilla means American Godzilla monster!" joke aside, luke-o raises a good question.
  18. Yeah... but the story still sounds made up.
  19. Understandable, most links to unlicensed game downloads people post on the internet require payment.
  20. Actually the story that goes with that is that Vince didn't know who they hell they were so he nixed the idea. Then later on that was why they asked for so much money to use Enter Sandman it was their way of saying "fuck Vince" I'm no law talking guy but wouldn't the money being asked for be a stanrd royalty fee? I don't see how they could say "We want Vince to give us $10,000 for the rights to distribute it on DVD but <equal sized company also looking to put out an equal amount of DVDs with the song> will pay $5,000", could they? Either way, sounds made up.
  21. Dave wasn't feeling Jericho / JBL, eh? Sensei: What were the Thumbs Up / Down / Middle stats?
  22. I too thought it was a bit odd that they had Jason Hervey and Eddie Haskell sitting at the judges table if they weren't going to do anything, but I guess TBS had to let the folks know that the new Leave it to Beaver was on the way and Jason Hervey was just a big wrestling fan.
  23. Yeah, that would have been the Tuesday PPV "Beware of Dog 2", making up for the power outage the Sunday prior. The Raw that advertised this PPV had DiBiase cut a promo saying if Savio Vega beat Austin in the strap match, he would leave the Fed forever. Austin had a bit of a smirk on his face when he said that.
  24. From the never wrong wikipedia: Dual ending myth For many years a popular myth has persisted that in the Japanese version of this film, Godzilla emerges as the winner. It isn't known where this myth of the dual endings actually originated, but its been reported as far back as Famous Monsters of Filmland in the early 1960s. Decades later in the 1980s, the myth was still going strong. The Genus III edition of the popular board game Trivial Pursuit had a question that asked Who wins in the Japanese version of King Kong vs Godzilla, and states that the correct answer is Godzilla. As well, through the years, this myth has been misreported by various members of the media[11], and has been misreported by reputable news organizations.[5] But as more Westerners were able to view the original version of the film especially after its availability on home video during the late 1980s, the myth became dispelled. Both versions of the film end the same way. Kong and Godzilla crash into the ocean, and Kong is the only monster to emerge and swims home. The only differences between the two endings of the film are extremely minor and trivial ones. * In the Japanese version as Kong and Godzilla are fighting underwater, a very small Earthquake occurs. In the American version, producer John Beck tacked on stock footage of a violent Earthquake from the film The Mysterians to make the climatic Earthquake seem far more violent and over the top destructive. * The dialogue is slightly different. In the Japanese version onlookers are speculating that Godzilla might be dead as they watch Kong swim home, and speculate that it's possible he survived. In the American version, onlookers simply say "Godzilla has disappeared without a trace", and newly shot scenes of reporter Eric Carter has him watching Kong swim home on a viewscreen and wishing him luck on his long journey home. * As the screen fades to black and Owari (The End) appears on screen, you hear the roars of Godzilla followed by Kong. This was akin to the monsters "taking a bow" or saying "Goodbye" to the audience, as at this point the film is over. In the American version you only hear Kong's roar on the soundtrack.
  25. I have failed the mighty Tim Livingston.
×
×
  • Create New...