DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Somehow I misread what Thoth said as "Astrosmash" and I was a bit intrigued.
-
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
I like that the WWE logo isn't plastered somewhere too. -
Review: WWF St. Valentine's Day Massacre, from Memphis, Tennessee, 2/14/1999.
DrVenkman PhD commented on a blog entry in LFC Blog
Keith just revised his **** rating to a **1/4 rating today. I liked this show a lot more in 1999 but the intro song is still funny. -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
They will be starting NEXT week (it appears), but I know others have Raw (plus it's listed on WWE.com as being part of this week's update). -
Who here hasn't changed their screen name?
DrVenkman PhD replied to Ravenbomb's topic in General Chat
I had a two week stint as "Venkman X" then when I requested I go back to DrVenkman, I received a free PhD. My avatar has been the same forever and I changed my custom title for the first time in July. -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
Let's just blame Mecca and call it a day. -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
I don't have Raw, which I guess is becoming a problem with the MNW split (though I still support it). -
That's what we thought too. We were waiting for it (we being the people I saw the movie with, not a split personality). We also speculated that R. Rambo (John's dad) has the first name Rocky.
-
Weren't you the guy that hated Shoot Em Up!? Anyway, saw it last Tuesday. Didn't like the real violence at the beginning but the everyone seemed to enjoy the fake stuff. You really wanted to see those Burmese jerks killed! Out of focus Rambo sneaking up from the back was good for a laugh, as was the conversation on the boat about 2 feet away from him where they acted like he was really far away.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I was pleasantly surprised to see an actual match between Flair and Hall before the expected schmoz ending on Nitro. I'm watching the 1997 MSG show right now - interesting (to a point) to see Austin's beerman and future timekeeper Mark Yeaton working as a referee. They also play the Sultan's music before his match actually ends. -
Hooray for a speedy return of Big Bang Theory.
-
I downloaded a torrent with every SNES rom ever in it. Just do that.
-
Yeah, losing to Tomko ages ago was the last one I remembered too.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
1997 MSG show has a pre-show clip of Jumbo Tsuruta winning the NWA title in Japan. That's cool. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I watched the Hogan / Muraco cage match before it expired. Not the most exciting match and it has one of those weak 80s cage match endings where they don't bother having an elaborate ending, just Hogan walking out the door then punching Muraco when he tries to stop him. Not even a leg drop! However, it was worth nothing that the cage appeared to be the prototype of the soon to be debuting blue bar cage - it was still chain link but all of the dividing support beams around it were painted sky blue. -
The OaO Raw Is Taped thread - 11/2/2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in The WWE Folder
Ah, the dreaded "you don't like WWE do stay out of the folder!" response. The TNA folder would be nothing but Canadian Destroyer talking to himself if people played forums like that. However - and this isn't referencing anyone as an example, just a general comment - there are times where I'm inclined to agree that we don't necessarily need people adding such constructive comments as "HHH squashes everyone and sucks!" every 5th post. -
I didn't specify but I was referring more to TV.
-
I think that's the least of the logic issues, but yes, people don't rountinely accidentally marry someone else when they're not even divorced. A vow renewing ceremony and a wedding are apparently the same thing in TNA. You may recall Homer Simpson went to city hall to get a divorce from Marge to make renewing his vows a more legitimate event.
-
I could just be remembering it wrong...
-
I have this weird feeling that they're going to repeat Big Show's debut spot for his re-debut. The Raw EC will go on last and when just HHH, Hardy, and a 3rd are left, Show is going to come out from under the ring and throw HHH out of the ring through a chamber panel. He'll never actually lose, but this beating will cause him injury as he's taken to the back, leaving Hardy to wrap it up.
-
The OaO Raw Is Taped thread - 11/2/2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in The WWE Folder
I forgot about Big Show. Good call. -
Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles with the right to be Karen's husband on the line. Book it! Is this Joe's first pinfall loss in sometime?
-
The OaO Raw Is Taped thread - 11/2/2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to TheFranchise's topic in The WWE Folder
WWE / HBK Logic says he's earned the right to pin Jeff Hardy in the EC match, but they're at the point where they'd be giving him big (and clean) wins over people for no reason if they don't push him any harder. Yesterday, he was leading the "Who Will Win the Raw EC" poll on WWE.com with over half the votes in a 6 person race. I'm not one to fantasy book, but ideally HHH vs. Flair would be a big mania match, Michaels can wrestle someone else for a big match (Jericho rematch?), and Hardy vs. Cena vs. Orton (due to a disputed finish at No Way Out) or Hardy vs. Cena OR Orton could be the Raw main event. -
I'm wondering if that September 98 date refers to them being full time contracted workers. Their Raw debut as a team was 18 months prior and just featured on 24/7 so it's not like they're pretending those days didn't exist.