DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Review: Saturday Night's Main Event #5, from Phoenix, Arizona, 3/1/86.
DrVenkman PhD commented on a blog entry in LFC Blog
I'm assuming you were still having problems with the 24/7 version of this show because Mr. T doesn't even have an entrance on that version - after his interview with Mean Gene, everyone is already in the ring. I'm always up for seeing the Real American video - it was on TNT a few episodes ago too. However it seems my SNME stops once Muraco drops the spike on Hogan due to a VOD error. -
Well considering they haven't had any really good matches SINCE the summer of 95 (with some exceptions from Rey Mysterio), it's not really as high praise as it sounds. I did really enjoy the match though.
-
Comments which don't warrant a thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Giuseppe Zangara's topic in No Holds Barred
I saw a church sign on my way home from stating "Seven days without God makes on week". My original thought was "great, this church knows seven days equals a week", then I realized it was a play on words. Crazy church signs (it was previously "Google doesn't have ALL the answers"). -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Edit: Oh I see, Jason Powell of prowrestling.net announced it. Consider it as good as true! (seriously though, I can see it happening). -
The history of ECW is great this week. Scorpio / Sabu is probably the best match on ECW TV since the glory days of the summer 95 shows where every week was some continuation of the Malenko / Eddie feud. I was settling in to watch the MSG show tonight now that everything is on my system and working, but it turns out it's really the Houston show added early. I think I'm going to watch SNME instead then get my Mania Marathon going tomorrow - 23 shows in 30 days is pretty hard (especially with 24/7 to distract me from my own show collection), I usually start earlier than this.
-
Its time for everyones favorite game...
DrVenkman PhD replied to MarvinisaLunatic's topic in General Chat
I thought this was going to be a thread about a crime Marvin committed. Total let down. -
They didn't have white onions, 'cause of the war. The only ones you could get were those big yellow ones.
-
The 24/7 Preview leads me to believe the Bret vs. Austin match is from Survivor Series 96.
-
When I saw the frozen "BAD" on that embedded youtube video, I was hoping it was "Drugs Drugs Drugs! Which are good? Which are bad! Ask your mom or ask your dad!". Awesome that it is. I sang that song in grade 7 in a "VIP" program (Values, Influences, and Peers) with two other people. I was playing a character named "Screech" in said presentation.
-
I think my favourite edit is the in the Jericho / Rhyno match from SummerSlam 2001. Because they repeated a spot that began with an irish whip, you see the SummerSlam set in the background at the beginning of the spot, then they're running towards it in the next shot.
-
Review: WWE Survivor Series 2007, from Miami, Florida, 11/18/2007.
DrVenkman PhD commented on a blog entry in LFC Blog
He did a really bad one to Matt Hardy during their spring feud with the Hardys. Murdoch appeared to be going for the actual Destroyer while Hardy seemed to think it was going to be a Code Red or sunset flip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk04D6YPX7M -
Not an uncommon practice by WWE.
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
Got home from work, found Cogeco had only put up Bret's HOF piece and matches with Owen (with the Rockers description) and Dynamite (with the HOF description). After I finished watching the HOF piece, I noticed the 5 shorties were now available as well as Flair vs Bret, but none of these actually work. If I select them, a little box pops up that says "VOD Error" and such. -
Rod, God's cousin.
-
Mario 3 toys from McDonald's were great.
-
Since Bret vs. Perfect from SummerSlam 91 is on the HOF profile in full, I'm hoping the individual match is from a 1989 house show (as seen in brief clips in the HOF profile). This is kind of nitpicky, but does it bother anyone else that, unless I'm missing it, they haven't updated the HOF intro since 2006? We're a month away from the intro missing an entire new class to boot. I also forgot Benoit was sitting right behind Bret during his HOF speech... not much they can do there, so there he is. Oh well.
-
I watched Teen Angel a few years ago and it actually seemed to get better with age. I think it was a concept not fit for TGIF (and I can't imagine how someone thought "Dead best friend? Hilarious!") but it was created by Al Jean and Mike Reiss of Golden Era Simpsons fame. The episode I saw involved some sort of time travel that resulted in every cast member on the show eating the death burger, it was amusing. Don't get me wrong, it's not some before it's time masterpiece gem, but it's not terrible. You Wish was pretty bad though. Meego too (on CBS).
-
Wow, the Hart HOF piece is 90 minutes. Of course his HOF speech if really long (and awesome) so I expected that. The Bret Hart HOF piece, vs. Dynamite, and vs. Owen is so far the only thing I actually received, but I wanted to see how they did the HOF piece on Bret so I'm happy to at least have this now. My Dynamite match also has the description of Harts vs. Rockers so I can tell you that match is from December 14, 1989 in Hamilton.
-
Yeah, I kind of remember seeing Observer's from the era being posted last year (and seeing how much Meltzer hated the Fed's style and Hogan at the time). We were left with a cliffhanger as to why Ventura vs. Sammartino couldn't happen. Should be good though, looking forward to it Bruiser.
-
Hey, there's nothing wrong with the name "The Truthiness", but I'm a Colbert fan. As for The Truthiness the poster, not so much. I seem to recall him having some argument about how unover or bad someone was (Shawn Michaels, I think) awhile ago. I can't remember much about it (thankfully) but I'm sure it was very stupid with everyone chiming in. I have this thing about not liking people who use all lowercase letters for their username (and especially all caps), but that's more of an IRC issue. There are very often exceptions that prove the rule doesn't apply - Cheech Tremendous pre-Tremendous, for example (happy birthday by the way), but you'll get a dustinbeaverton that supports it. He just posted in the Cena / Rock thread to inform us he's gotten better and rarely posts.
-
ROH 2/22 (Deer Park) and 2/23 (NYC-6th Year Anniversary)
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hawk 34's topic in General Wrestling
Damn, I'm going to be in New York on the 17th. This happened before too, I was a week off being able to go to a show. I don't follow ROH really closely or anything but the December 2005 NYC show I went to was an awesome experience. -
I suppose I could also complain and say they're booking a street fight on free TV then promoting another as a reason to order a PPV, but since it's a "fish market" street fight, it's a different ballgame (sounds like a comedy match).
-
That's wacky, although the Detroit market had some silly stuff like that before too. The current CBS station is channel 62 - pretty high up the dial for a major network. They have no news of their own but when they did, they were using the local UPN's news team (which also no longer exists). The main issue here was over cartoons but since the era of weekday afternoon and weekend morning cartoon blocks on non-cable channels is dead, this stopped being a weird issue here (though I guess I've seen Fox cartoons airing on MNTV on Sunday mornings, but it's now the "4Kids Network" or something when that happens... I'm not paying close attention as I don't care, just something I notice).
-
Kennedy was on SmackDown when he won Money in the Bank. People change brands so often now it's hard to keep track but I BELIEVE this is the rundown: I do not recall any interpromotional matches at Mania XIX. Mania XX: SmackDown's Undertaker def. Raw's Kane. I have no idea what brand any of the women were on in the Torrie/Sable vs. Stacy/Jackie match, but I'm pretty sure they were all SmackDown except for Jackie as the draft hadn't happened yet. Let's call it SD: 1 Raw: 0 Mania 21: SD's Kurt Angle def. Raw's Shawn Michaels, SD's Undertaker def. Raw's Randy Orton (SD: 3 Raw: 0). Mania 22: Raw's RVD wins MITB (SD: 3, Raw: 1) Mania 23: SD's Mr. Kennedy wins MITB, Raw's Great Khali def. SD's Kane, Raw's Melina def. SD's Ashley (Final - SD: 4 Raw: 3).
-
If you ignore the overbooking that runs wild on Impact, this sounds watchable from a wrestling perspective. I'm sure I'll forget to watch it as usual, but I'll try and catch the main event.