DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Bong fever - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XwjSJ3__jVY
-
Also from wikipedia, about the 74th: Furthermore the tone of this show was quieted by the recent occurrence of the attacks on September 11. Just as the 53rd Primetime Emmy Awards were postponed in 2001, and the Oscar nominations were supposed to come out just two months after the attacks, many wondered if the Oscars would be postponed as well. Frank Pierson, then president of the Academy stated that the Oscars would proceed as scheduled, and to postpone would mean that "the terrorists have won". However, the red carpet festivities prior to the awards, though not canceled, were severely curtailed as now the availability of the bleacher seats were determined by a lottery rather than the first come, first serve basis. Also, there were 26 references to the attacks during the telecast. So, everyone's right... sort of.
-
Yeah, I knew 9/11 delayed SOMETHING which is where I thought I was mistaken, so bob clarified it was the Emmys (though wikipedia says I'm remembering right about the 2002 Oscars being a lower-key affair).
-
"Silence is not Golden" Business picks up in part 2. "Think about a funny movie, like Home Alone or Roger Rabbit when you're getting it" "Getting what?" "You know, a pounding from your dad".
-
"The Keatons realize their neighborhood is all white" lol. I have to admit I haven't actually seen any of these so maybe the idea a show would start to suck because a family went on vacation isn't as weird with the plot BL described. There have probably been multiple AIDS episodes across the TV landscape, but there was one about Wesley's classmate on Mr. Belvedere, this I can assure you. He taught the adults to be tolerant!
-
Going through JTS, people pick very odd reasons to stop liking TV shows ("The Keaton's went on vacation? PREPOSTEROUS!")
-
I liked that episode of Punky Brewster where Cherie got locked in a fridge. Wasn't there an episode of Mr. Belvedere where Wesley taught people that it was ok to associate with someone with AIDS? I think he was molested at camp, too.
-
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
That Mayweather thing was awesome. They NEED to somehow ignore they Rey partnership and make him the heel. "You want some of this [money]? Nah keep up that Delahoya song and you ain't getting any" "I RUN THE WWE!" "They gonna have to turn those two W's upsdie down - Money Mayweather Entertainment" Then he just kept going. When he eventually threw the money the stampeding people (complete with an audible "hey watch out for my kids!" yell) amused me. -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
This WrestleMania press conference on WWE.com has a bunch of audio problems (lots of static). Edit: Apparently it's on TV in Canada anyway. I'm sure nothing interesting will be said but hey, why not. -
NEW YORK - The Oscars are a ratings dud. Nielsen Media Research says preliminary ratings for the 80th annual Academy Awards telecast are 14 percent lower than the least-watched ceremony ever. Nielsen said Monday that overnight ratings are also 21 percent lower than last year, when "The Departed" was named best picture. The least-watched Oscars ceremony ever was in 2003, when there were 33 million viewers. Nielsen has no estimate yet on how many people watched Sunday night, but based on ratings from the nation's biggest markets, the Oscars will be hard-pressed to avoid an ignominious record. The show had a 21.9 rating and 33 share. ---- I figured 2002 would have had the lowest rating. Wasn't that the year it was continually delayed until they decided to have a non-spectacular ceremony, or did I recall this wrong?
-
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
spman got banned from their Elite service for posting news here awhile back. "Copyrighted news" they called it, I think. Somewhat similar, I remember years ago LOP's Mr. Tito would basically re-type the WWE section of the Observer then get pissed that people were re-posting it without crediting HIM. -
All the white people on that show were retarded in some way (the popular girl in high school whose name I no longer remember, Lt. Murtagh). I was watching Diff'rent Strokes this morning and it was about a guy in a wheelchair that couldn't compete in the Olympics, so Mr. Drummond named a gym after him and had the 1984 US gymnastics team put on a number. When they told him to take care and keep his upper body in shape, he started yelling at everyone and angrily wheeled out of the gym. I love Very Special Episodes. Perfect Strangers, while is generally ALWAYS ended with the same music while Larry and Balki discussed the mutual lesson they learned, had some very special episodes (Balki learning about people using him when he thought he was in love, Mr. Gorpley talking about his crappy Christmases) and the music they used for THOSE episodes was too sad. Desired effect, though.
-
The first time I saw the B.C. trailer I thought it was going to be called "First Action Hero". Sadly, it's not.
-
Maybe the spicy baconator is why the jalapeno cheddar melt went away. I had a pizza with japapeno on it last night, it was superb. I'm thinking I might be wacky and put them on my next tuna sub to give it a kick (I decided I should just amalgamate three separate jalapeno thoughts that could have gone here, the pizza thread, and the Subway thread into just one thing here).
-
I fell asleep around Sound Editing - how did Stewart do this year? I enjoyed the montages for binoculars and bad dreams.
-
I was in no rush to have to refer to Transformers as "The Oscar winning Transformers" but for that category, how did they lose to what appeared to the be the Coca Cola polar bears? Damn Hollywood and their hatred for God.
-
All I know is 2 years ago when Stewart hosted, they had Stephen Colbert do hilarious "attack ad" voiceovers for the best picture nominees. I demand something similar this year.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
After (Vince makes reference to it on commentary). -
I actually thought you were quoting the magazine, you could have blamed them.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Well that's old people for ya. -
Yeah but once he finds out his dad got his kidney, he throws a fit. From what I gathered, the episode is a big turning point for the reviled "Jerkass Homer". http://www.snpp.com/episodes/AABF04
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
No, bait and bait! Bait and bait! TNT was pretty good again with the last build-up to Mania 2 (which was well timed since what do you know, Mania 2 is on 24/7 next week). I don't even like Mania 2 and now I'm pumped to watch it. It was kind of weird that whenever Vince was going to mention the guest ring announcer for the battle royal, I heard nothing the first time he said "guest ring announcer" and I could visually see Vince was talking but was muted the second time he said it. I didn't even remember who it was but a quick wikipedia search shows it was Chet Coppock, someone very recently under fire for alleged antisemitism and apparently dropped his pants in front of a female employee in 2007. Ok then. It was also funny seeing Mr. T train to music that would eventually become Eugene's... I ASSUMED it was dubbed in over some copyrighted training music (from Rocky maybe?) but if it was dubbed, they did a much better job than usual because Mr. T was able to audibly talk over it with the music volume being lowered to background noise, then raised again. They normally can't pull that off. -
WWE General Discussion - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
Don't forget about Slammy Saturday on WWE.com tonight. I hope they show the Duggan / Race brawl, I saw it last summer on 24/7 and it's awesome. -
I guess someone forgot to tell him, then. http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/hidden04.html Also, here's everyone's Final Smash: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YynJ8z8li7w
-
That's all I needed to hear!