Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. This Chazz guy sure is tarding it up in the TNA area. Let's throw Man Who Sold The World into the mix.
  2. I think comments at the beginning of the thread count as nominations, but that's up to al. And yes, I was referring to Kawalimuggy, not Kawalimus. Note the "ggy" where you have "s".
  3. Kawalimuggy was writing for about 15 minutes, then posted nothing! What gives, sir? For some reason I thought that was another new Kamala name where he decided to combine two posters names to make his own new one, but I see it is just Muggy. That gives me an idea - "King Kawala Classic".
  4. http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...t&p=2567725
  5. I don't have anything personally against the guy, but this flairfan character in the WWE 24/7 threads called al's "act" tiresome in October when al pointed out that a complete show with all of the matches is better than an edited tape with correct entrance music. He then went on to say the importance of The Steiners Brothers was lost without their music. It was a really sad post.
  6. Battlenauts said something about not basing this on someone's religion after someone else said something about posters being antagonists. That's my kind of humour (and that's not sarcasm) so hooray for him. This means very little to the non-wrestling segment of the board that comes here but iggymcfly is still around and, perhaps tired of telling stories about multiple DUIs and how he's a poker millionaire, enjoys discussing why poorly booked crash TV that results in no money is the best thing TNA can do right now. There's also this character named WWE24/7FanaticSeries. This guy rarely (if ever) contributes anything on topic of the thread he's posting in, has an awful name, and at one point - despite being very new and therefore I assume had no reason to research any aspect of the forums history - brought up the frog ending / keep digging, Watson deal, so he's probably a PBP.
  7. Isn't that the joke, though?
  8. The people I want to nominate were actually really nice to me during the POTY tournament and / or have been nominated several times already.
  9. Yeah they're originally from WWE.com but for whatever reason I find watching them via youtube easier.
  10. Sounds good. Way to step up, al.
  11. DrVenkman PhD

    Bad Candy

    Lewis Black telling it like it is. Good stuff, thanks JHawk. Is there anyone who grew up NOT liking Cadbury Creme Eggs? I think they're one of the world's greatest creations and have never met a person that disagreed (that I'm aware of).
  12. I was worried this was being bumped because someone was posting the paparazzi pictures of her bending over. I see that's not the case so just disregard.
  13. I don't think Czech approves of this tournament anymore so I'm washing my hands of it. Marvin arguing with people about Rock's career choices is an interesting TSM career move for him.
  14. Let us just pretend I'm commenting on last March's airing of WrestleMania V since this is off topic but really amused me: Everytime I've watched this show, I've FF'd right past Run DMC. I stopped the FFing a bit early this go and caught Monsoon state "well a little of that went a long way with me". I can't believe I never heard that - so awesome, Gorilla just saying whatever he wants.
  15. It might be the archived film footage that some of the Florida shows would have with Solie and one of the involved wrestlers doing after the fact commentary pieced together as program hosted by Ross. Google doesn't seem to have heard of "The Film Room with Gordon Solie".
  16. This past December on 24/7 was the first time I had watched Taker / HHH in years. I usually FF through it thinking it's overrated and too much of a outside the ring brawl, but I was really into it again so that's good. Raven vs. Kane vs. Big Show is much better than I ever expected - Kane showing off his breaking into fenced cages skill, golf cart spots, wrestlers going through dry wall, fun stuff. And yes, the GBR is one of my WrestleMania guilty pleasures and I can't help but smile everytime I watch it. I actually had the same feeling for the Raw 15th Anniversary battle royal.
  17. Sorry, my mistake. I forgot to mention Warrior vs. Sharpe, it's in there now. . I'm kind of annoyed they are showing WrestleMania X8 this Wednesday and WrestleMania IX two weeks later. I wanted to watch a digitally restored version of IX as part of my Mania Countdown, but I can't wait until 5 days away from Mania 24 and then find time to watch 14 more Mania shows. I'm actually watching WM V right now and I never noticed that during the opener, Heenan gives Donald Trump a thumbs up and Trump gives Bobby a positive reaction. I'm at Twin Towers vs. Rockers right now (a Shortie later this month with the "lost classics" theme) and while this is quite the enjoyable big team vs. high flyers match, the REAL underrated match is Rockers vs. Barbarian and Haku at Mania VII. I look forward to Mania VII every year and that opener is one of the reasons.
  18. Did BKR drop off the face of the box office? I was sick last Tuesday and didn't see it and we're probably seeing Semi-Pro (shut up) this Tuesday. We might have to revise that if BKR is leaving soon - is not getting a wide release?
  19. DrVenkman PhD

    Bad Candy

    I was going to bring up Bounty as a "does this exist in the States to compete against Mounds?" but then did wikipedia research to see that it does not.
  20. Johnson is some jobber like Dusty Wolfe. I forgot all about Jerry Lawler vs. Mark Henry and Jose vs. Cornette.
  21. Ok so Hogan vs. DiBiase was about what I thought - DiBiase bumping around and Hogan looking strong as ever, but it's a fun formula when Hogan has a good opponent like Ted or Mr. Perfect. You know the drill. Anyway, as per landy's request, the full card and order. If someone else does a review of this show when it is actually supposed to be available (I'm assuming King will), give Cawthon the match times. Sam Houston vs. Dusty Wolfe Hercules vs. JYD Demolition vs. Brady Boone and Billy Jack Haynes Rick Rude vs. Paul Orndorff One Man Gang vs. Brutus Beefcake World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions Strike Force vs. Hart Foundation Ultimate Warrior vs. Iron Mike Sharpe Ricky Steamboat vs. Ron Bass Greg Valentine vs. Kenny Johnson World Wrestling Federation Champion Hulk Hogan vs. Ted DiBiase.
  22. Don't correct grammar by using bad grammar ("you're"), KOAB. And yeah, I was going for a meta joke that I figured only you would notice.
  23. We all agree Dandy is running this thing, right? Damnit that doesn't work because the next person would need to repeat my name. I'm be surprised if KOAB's master plan ever takes off.
  24. If you go to WWE.com there is an "Industry News" tab which includes ROH PPV dates, a TNA PPV calendar, and the most recent Impact results. More information is on the last page or so of the February thread.
  25. Now how am I'm be supposed to continue the chain? Dandy already said you, me repeating it would be lame.
×
×
  • Create New...