DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Kane never takes the Pedigree properly. Phineas Godwinn does a really bad sell for it on the Raw currently up on 24/7 too - probably as bad or maybe worse than any of Kane's.
-
Vince is getting a star on the Walk of Fame (Edit: Raw started late in Canada and I fell asleep before they announced this, sorry about that).
-
I didn't read the story first (my mistake) and just assumed it was a very vague story since the initial post / thread title had no details. Seeing how they mention it being strike 2 for a drug violation and a 60 day suspension paints a different picture of the situation.
-
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff... I don't think this will result in a lack of summer push if he's still over - he was suspended last summer and did just fine upon his return and just take a look at the current WWE champion's track record. The flip side is Jeff isn't the archetype WWE champion wrestler, booth in look and style, so this may cost him a big 2008 push after all, but time will tell. Edit: Having actually read the posted story now and seeing it's not a vague suspension but a "60 days, 2nd drug test failure" suspension, he's probably screwed for the time being. Bad decision, Jeff. Since they took the IC title off of him I would have to assume this is a real suspension and not a "you're suspended so show up for TV without pay", which means he's also lost the Mania payday.
-
We can also count MVP out too.
-
I get it and think it's a good idea - I guess originally I was trying to say the monthly chatter would become "General Discussion", which although you said you dislike that tag it sounds like the idea of keeping the existing thread is more or less the same idea. This could have very good results.
-
With a well publicized story like that, how could anyone NOT have known the full story!? Read a newspaper sometime, EL BRUJ0!
-
So where would one (and by one I mean me) take the time to read Sunflower's schedule, cross reference it with WWE.com and HotWWE and post a week by week breakdown with brief synopsi in this new land? I really enjoy doing that and while "Wow WrestleWar 90 is airing next month!" maybe isn't that exciting, it's a good reaction to people seeing WWE.com's month ahead schedule, you know?
-
Observer Awards: Wrestlemania Style!
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in General Wrestling
I like that truthiness apparently ALSO had been thinking about giving this idea a spin. -
Is Chantal Kreviazuk anybody in the US? She's won Juno awards here but I don't know what that means to the international music scene. Anyway I was hired protection for her when she made an appearance at a local hospital.
-
I don't know, we actually seemed to have a drop off in thread activity since flairfan cancelled his subscription... but maybe that's not a bad thing. So, here's how my breakdown would be - feel free to approve or have other ideas: 24/7 Sub-Folder: - Pinned: "24/7 General Discussion for <month / year>" - discuss the posted schedule and general comments about 24/7, "Troubleshooting". - 24/7 Online - <month / year> Line-up - 4 threads for the 4 categories - if we find there is a lot of talk in a month, make them monthly threads. If each section only gets a page or two a month, make them permanent discussion threads (which I actually like as it would allow someone to make a comment on a show from a previous month if they had something to say about it in a new month without bumping an outdated thread).
-
I might switch to a GC controller just to have an actual jump button - I don't like hitting up to jump in the Subspace levels (of course I could use the chuck and hit the Z button but I really like the chuckless sideways feel of the Wii remote).
-
Meltzer apparently forgot there was 8 people in the MITB match last year when reporting the MVP thing (why the hell are you people spoiler tagging so much non-spoiler stuff today?) as he suspected it was "bumped up" to 8 this year to include MVP and Matt Hardy.
-
I picked it up from the local 24 hour Wal-Mart last night at midnight. They gave out numbers (without telling the people who showed up at 11:45 and mindlessly wandered the electronics department). I got #30 but one of the cashiers was nice enough to tell me and a few other people by me that two lanes would be open, so I ended up being 3rd in line at the station that 20 others didn't realize was open. Good turn out for a game I assumed anyone who would go shopping at 12am would have just pre-ordered elsewhere (except me, who made an impulse buy). I love Sub-Space... it's so fun to see random Nintendo characters meet up. The game succeeds greatly on being a Nintendo Museum.
-
Greg voiced Spider-Man in the 90s, so it would be cool if it was him (Christopher Daniel-Barnes).
-
Quarterfinals, TSM Worst Poster Tournament
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in No Holds Barred
I don't think he knew the prize was banishment / was doing hilarious comedy that went over all of our heads. -
I thought I met Bob Barron at a ROH show but I didn't.
-
Mine also had the DX set. But I got Rey and HBK's set. Wal Mart is going to have something like "Superstars of Wrestlemania" DVD coming out soon as well. This is the line-up for that DVD. It's really not very good (who puts Rock vs. Austin on a Best of WM and picks the Mania XV match?) Hulk Hogan History WWE Championship Match Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan WrestleMania VII (24/03/91) Batista History World Heavyweight Championship Match Triple H vs. Batista WrestleMania 21 (04/03/05) Shawn Michaels History Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho WrestleMania XIX (30/03/03) Undertaker History Legend vs. Legend Killer Undertaker vs. Randy Orton WrestleMania 21 (04/03/05) Edge History Hardcore Match Edge vs. Mick Foley WrestleMania 22 (02/04/06) Bret Hart History WWE Championship Match Yokozuna with Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette vs. Bret “Hitman” Hart Special Guest Referee: “Rowdy” Roddy Piper WrestleMania X (20/03/94) The Rock History The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan WrestleMania X8 (17/03/02) John Cena History WWE Championship Match JBL vs. John Cena WrestleMania 21 (03/04/05) Rey Mysterio History Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton WrestleMania 22 (02/04/06) Triple H History Undisputed WWE Championship Match Jericho vs. Triple H WrestleMania X8 (17/03/02) Stone Cold Steve Austin History WWE Championship Match The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania XV (28/03/99)
-
Jingus: Yes that sounds about right. I know it was Tennessee he was talking about.
-
I've always been tall so I've had my fair share of walking directly into things due to not paying attention (most painful I can recall is turning around and walking dead on into a large metal "door thing" (I don't what to technically call it - but I guess it makes it so the door closes really slow). I walked into the back wing of a plane at an air show when I was young, presumably because I was looking in another direction and continued walking forward with my friends. I have a small mark on my forehead which I've always believed is a direct result of that. I can't count the amount of times my long legs have banged into hidden partitions under desks at work when I move around in my chair. Going back to my youth again, I had friends over and was the guy sleeping on the floor. At some point during the night I ended up under the fold out couch and, apparently forgetting my surroundings when I woke up, quickly raised my head to check the clock and hit the metal bar of the sofa bed dead on. I think I actually knocked myself out (or was still tired) because the blow caused me to immediately go back to sleep. On a trip to Minnesota with a friend, we stopped at a bowling alley before heading off to see the Tigers / Twins game. I noticed the floor wasn't very slippery and felt a bit stiff but regardless tried to slide and follow through with my first throw. I came to a sudden stop and fell right to the ground, temporarily knocking the wind out of me and having hurt ribs for about 4 days. In grade 9 drama we had to choreograph a fight scene using the dramatic tools they gave us (fake slaps, stair falls, etc.). Because wrestling was what I knew, that's how I framed out play. I decided, "Yeah, I know how to run onto an acting block, leap with an elbow, safely land on my knees and roll to make it look real". I actually had practiced the sequence and could pull it off as well as a 14 year old my size could have, but we had a slight problem when the teacher suddenly told my partner and I we needed to accommodate someone who for reasons I can't remember had no partner on the day of our performance. I wrote in a referee / pre-match announcer role for him and he also took it upon himself to set-up the stage (since he wasn't doing any physical work), but since he didn't know our routine or why we were using a block, he set it up on the side that has 4 small legs (before this, I didn't even know the blocks had these) which made the balance for someone running and leaping off of it very poor. So the big finishing sequence comes up, I run to the block, jump on it, and BOOM - the block tips and I'm on the stage in pain. I manage to roll to where I was supposed to be while I hear a student say "that didn't look fake!". My partner kind of stood around not knowing what to make of the situation but whispered for him to just finish (which I think involved him stepping on me, then 'tripping' and rolling down the stairs). I couldn't even stand to be declared the winner.
-
I'm pretty sure I saw Pete Gas having a night on the town with some friends in Atlantic City a few years ago. I also ran into Petey Williams when I was taking the garbage to the bins at our complex. Oh, I watched a PPV in 2005 with Johnny Devine while he told stories about a gay wrestling promoter everyone hated. I've chatted with Rupert Jee at the Hello Deli a few times too but I'm pretty sure anyone that knows who he is and has been to NYC has done the same.
-
Sounds like it was "almost definite" as of February 18, 1991. http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.sport.pr...c304c3dd99b3a0f
-
Well, one year when I won the chance to "Play Again" but Tim's wouldn't honour my prize so that was the end of it for me. Jerks.