Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I don't believe anyone who has had the 'pleasure' of seeing The Bushwackers and Alfred Hayes do home renovations will ever forget it.
  2. WP is WWE247FanaticSeries. http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showuser=10399
  3. The Luger promo is great just for him saying "I can't say the same for the fat guy next to you" with Monsoon almost jumping out of his seat to reply "WHAT?!".
  4. Reviews are fun. Do Mania VIII too! And correction to my last post - make it FIVE matches announced on the last Raw before Mania 18 with Christian turning on DDP.
  5. Someone needs a hug... Marv, you know if I had working WiFi I'd be playing Brawl with you.
  6. One of those small details I forgot (but really tells you how much thought was put into the show outside of Hogan/Rock and Jericho/HHH) is no less than FOUR undercard matches were announced / set-up the Raw right before Mania. The 4 corner tag title match was announced at the top of the show for the first time, Angle vs. Kane and Booker vs. Edge were set up and made official in the same promo, and though this is where I fell asleep, I think Maven vs. Goldust was set-up on Raw too.
  7. Worked for me. I think you need to beat Classic Mode with Link after completing the Subspace Emissary. Ah... yeah, the info I read didn't state that and had a lot of people questioning it. I know beating it on Hard with Link opens another character, but I find just getting them through Subspace is the easiest (and most fun) way of doing it. .
  8. I've been toying with the idea of ordering a Frosty Float but with the chocolate variant and Strawberry Frutopia as the base beverage. I think it'll be good.
  9. Yeah no one else seems to know either. The only methods listed for getting him are "use the hidden door in the Forest to trigger a cutscene" with no information on where it is or "Beat Classic mode with Link" which doesn't work.
  10. Yeah, I made a really bad typo of "in" and didn't notice it. Now I can't even edit it.
  11. I watched some of the pre-Mania 18 Raw last night before falling asleep - man, like bob said, it is unintentionally funny at times. All the smoke during the opening match from the pryo was just as bad as I remember it being live. Kurt Angle's promo with Edge and Booker was pretty amusing. I was also amazed at just how loud the crowd seemed to come across - are today's crowds really quiet now? They just seemed so hot during the opener. The clips of Ric Flair punching a fan (Paul London) and getting arrested are amusing too.
  12. Oh... yeah, almost all my levels have a beam of light that looks like a crown, but I thought it was just for effect. Where is the hidden door in The Forest to find TL (initials saves me a spoiler tag if that's still a spoiler).
  13. Smashville uses the Wii's internal clock. KK Rider plays at 8pm Saturday.
  14. I figured it's a long stage since my percentage complete is only 81 right now, but I don't know how much finding secrets or doing whatever causes stages to not get a flag raised on them the first time through goes towards getting 100%. Also want to say .
  15. Yeah, I saw the map but with no legend didn't know what was what, just thought it was showing doors. I assume I need to make my way to areas with crystals on the map? I found a door in the jungle but right now it's just an empty void with characters in the background.
  16. The Charismatic Enigma never reached the Mecca om TNA though.
  17. I think I'm lost in what I assume is the last level of Subspace and I don't recall any alternate paths I missed as I always back tracked... well, maybe way back at the Halberd I missed something. I didn't advance any further after clearing my last black mist door. I'm finding now in Subspace that I'm able to kick some ass with Marth's sword and DK's Up Smash attack - it seems to drain boss health bars really fast. I think it's because I loaded him up with arm attack power.
  18. I pulled a Dnady / ripped off his "behave!" gimmick, not sure how greek responded yet (if anything).
  19. A few notes on the 24/7 version (which I assume is just the WM Anthology DVD version) that are of no consequence to the overall event: - The ads for the 900 number and Fan Club are gone. Of course, I didn't actually expect this to be kept, but it's one of those neat "Ha! Take that, people who only own this on DVD! I have a Fan Club ad on my VHS tape!". - Ric Flair's original Fed music is replaced with his current music. This is really weird because in 2003 WWE was editing the version of the song Flair was using then off DVD and replacing it with the very theme that's now being removed. It also makes Heenan sound like he's randomly yelling "Woo!" twice - it was actually in tune to Flair's old theme. Even weirder is during the "Sid beating up jobbers" montage, Sid's music is replaced by some generic song with lyrics (not bad), but his theme is still there when he actually comes to the ring. It's been mentioned several times how confusing the consistency of what's ok and what isn't theme wise before... but yeah, confusing still. Again, no affect on the show's quality at all, just worth noting for completists.
  20. Hence the " ", friend. My point was on a typical televised serial, you get 3 commercial breaks for approximately 3 minutes a piece, getting 21 minutes of program time in 30 minutes. Since Raw will often contain a segment that encompasses the entire 20 minutes of TV time in one go, and they can't very well air 9 minutes of commercials in a row, you get quick segments ("content" as they call it in the TV biz" before throwing right to another commercial. This is obviously all planned but the point still stands.
  21. goldengreek: The WWE folder is a safe environment for others to exchange well thought out discussion points. TSM can't tolerate that kind of back talk in a flame free folder.
  22. I was going to use that joke too.
  23. I enjoyed Dandy's "No flaming in the WWE folder" post, but no one fell for it and apologized this time. Good try though.
  24. That link works just fine.
  25. The numbers are kind of irrelevant since al halted voting already.
×
×
  • Create New...