Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. By that reasoning the WWE title dates back to September 2002 since it was merged with the WCW / World title (and by "World title" I mean what they were calling it from November - December 2001, not the current world title - let's not turn this thread into that unsolvable argument) in December 2001, only to be unmerged and become the WWE title once more. And because I love arguing my own points, the counter argument to that would be that the current WWE title never stopped existing and the only reason it became "disputed" was because Bischoff made a second world title. You see my point though, right?
  2. If it is Bob, I WOULD be surprised - that would imply he has a job. I thought his job was getting his buddy / connections with Seth Myers to allow him to watch SNL dress rehearsals all week (and I say that with the nicest intent).
  3. Christ. I was goign to say King immediatley after reading that this afternoon (the job clue) but thought "No, this isn't him yet" and moved on. I was on fire!
  4. Are you SURE you like posting here?
  5. Couldn't tell ya, but I guess to Punk's character the ECW title really means something. With that title, they run a fine line of trying to make it look important when it's not but not making wrestlers look foolish for wanting to fight for it. A 24 man battle royal seems to fit that line - a big (in the literal sense) match on a big show involving wrestlers who just weren't good enough to do anything else of importance, but it's actually being pushed on Raw and SmackDown with "How can anyone eliminate Khali!?".
  6. Spaceman Spiff... but he seems like the job holding type.
  7. The way they've been saying the winner gets a choice at ANY title without specifying "world" (they were doing this last year too) makes me think in kayfabe, they actually can go after the IC or US title. You'd just be a huge opportunity on something like that, and I would consider the same true if CM Punk were to cash in a MITB victory to challenge Chavo Guerrero.
  8. I believe that was the fake myspace page that also had untrue booking dates for ROH.
  9. I got it based on clue #4.
  10. Sushi + writing was my clue.
  11. "Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country or region".
  12. KOT9, not KOAB.
  13. Smues KKC: What was the give away for me? Random guess? Assuming the Dr in my name and hospital were related? I was kind of hoping the hospital and sob medical story would make people think it was Marvin.
  14. This isn't THAT funny but I'm still laughing at it. Kudos. I don't know if we're doing this fantasy style where the person we want back is somehow able to go in the ring no matter what their condition is, but the only people I'd like back that aren't under a contract elsewhere are old, retired, and in no shape to wrestle (Savage, Sid, Martel), dead (Eddie), or won't make a bit of difference to the company's popularity (Blackman). In 2005 I thought Marty Jannetty had a great opportunity and looked good too, but he's blown every opportunity The E gave him.
  15. Transylvania was great but I thought Stereotypical Italian was the best. Test sold a cardboard pizza box like a chairshot and I think a picture of Tony Danza was involved.
  16. I suppose reading a thread devoted to picking out TSM's issues is not the best sampling to judge that on though. I know it might sound like I was just setting up a sarcastic DMC comparison, but I did get a real sense of community from that thread though. If I had enough interesting things to say that I could say the same thing in two different places, I would probably try to fit right in. And fail. But hey.
  17. Not in it. Voted 1 star. "But Not Limited To"
  18. Manos Hands of Fate reference!
×
×
  • Create New...