DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
I've gotten zero!
-
Just finished my annual Mania countdown and after watching 23, seeing how great the MITB match was, and remembering the feeling of how excited I was to be there live when Michaels hit Cena with the superkick and for a moment I thought he was winning the title, I've been hit with Mania fever. I think MITB IV will be once again be a great spotfest and most of the matches are on track to deliver. Let's do some (but not complete) "On Year Later" comparisons, shall we?: Randy Orton: In the opening match of WrestleMania 23, is the WWE champion heading into this year's show. Edge: In the opening match of WrestleMania 23, is the World champion heading into this year's show. Chavo Guerrero: Teaming with Gregory Helms, lost a dark match to Carlito and his partner Ric Flair. Heads into this year's show as ECW champion. Ric Flair: Elevated from dark match to one of the show's main events. Undertaker: Same role as last year. Umaga: Same brand vs. brand role as last year minus celebrity involvement. CM Punk, Mr. Kennedy: Same role as last year in the MITB.
-
Some more HOF notes that people sent to Dave:
-
So the big question: With no Eugene, who is used to transition a segment into a vehicle for WWE Legends to appear on camera? Will we not get a wacky segment this year? (Technically it was Booker that initiated the Hallway of Freaks segment at WM22, but it was Eugene that got Ted DiBiase to do his laugh).
-
And Bob Orton sold his arm from his altercation with Taker! I would not be entirely surprised to see Flair vs. Michaels go on last at this point. The Score began showing this around 1:15 am but I fell asleep during the "earlier tonight" montage. Rock's speech was really funny though, especially the Marine / Doom thing. Just like Dames, Ben Miller over on WO.com said between Cena, HHH, and Flair the whole thing was 90 minutes. It also sounds like the event was over 4 hours which sadly means some cuts will probably need to be made to get it on just one disc as a Mania bonus (unless they release it separately, which they haven't done since 2004).
-
Both sides have merit. It seems odd to not discuss it in the thread it came from, but there's a big "STFU about Benoit, no one cares anymore" movement too, so perhaps NOT de-railing the HOF thread was the way to go?
-
The other one that spoke kind of looks like Tom Brokav.
-
1. Don't yell. 2. Search for a thread about it. Basically in a January interview that was published much later, Cena said Rock should give back to the business a bit more if he's going to insist on saying he loves it so much.
-
Maybe someone following March Madness can clue me in - The Score was showing the end of a game instead of the HOF at 11pm (and since the game was on network TV, them showing it pretty pointless). Now that it's over, they're showing SmackDown instead of the HOF, I think because SmackDown was supposed to be on at 9. So my question - why would The Score promise they were showing the Hall at 11pm if a basketball game was on? Was there some length issue with today's games the networks didn't forsee? This is pretty annoying. Re-Edit: Right the first time. Their schedule said SD was 9-11 with the HOF from 11-12. What gives?
-
Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08
DrVenkman PhD replied to Cheech Tremendous's topic in The WWE Folder
I might be the minority, but I really like Kennedy's up-tempo theme on Vol. 8. The opening beat is really good. Maybe it helps I'm not a huge fan of the version he actually uses. -
You hated Jeff Hardy and segments on Raw that didn't involve Shelton Benjamin's mother. The latter was made clear with roughly 13 posts during a 5 minute match.
-
But did you know that for a time, he also worked with Mike and Gene LeBell's NWA Hollywood Wrestling in the '70s? He won a greater share of matches wrestling as 'Arabian Wildman' Java Ruuk and even won the promotion's battle royal in 1976.
-
But he also ran a training facility.
-
JBL did a great job inducting The Brisco Brothers and JR inducted Solie (two of his sons accepted while the other 3 of his children were on stage). Mae is up now and then it's just Eddie Graham left with the rest on TV.
-
Stephanie looks like an old man tonight.
-
That's some pimp business attire Michael Hayes has on.
-
I'm not familiar with my NWA history. Who is the man wearing a mask while in the hospital in the Solie clips? It's really amusing.
-
It's worth the drive!
-
Haha, awesome heeling on Christopher Columbus.
-
The JBL rumour was true. Interesting to hear him make reference to a speech we haven't seen.
-
With the 24/7 logo! I see they have their big... I don't know what to call it, but the overhead curved screen they added to top of the HD set. Should make for some good TV viewing at 11 (hey, Marv's stuck in the Gulag). Wonder if Gene is hosting or if he's going to throw it over to Grisham again...
-
I'm watching this and Mania 21 at the same time, so no rush.
-
No, but the story of Rock having to go on first due to his schedule, thus delaying the untelevised portion of the show makes sense. Let's just patiently wait it out. The graphic now says "Coming Soon".
-
As Mania XX is just finishing up for me, I also have to comment that hearing MSG give Cena such a positive reaction is pretty great to see.
-
I don't think in previous years WWE.com provided that option. They show it once, then you can get it with Mania XXIV later.