DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
April's theme is Loudmouths and Legends: Raw: Episode 24 July 5, 1993 | Approx. run time: 42 mins. Yokozuna's body slam challenge took place one day prior to this Raw and one WWE Superstar successfully slammed the giant. On this episode of Raw we will re-live the Star's and Stripes Challenge and see who slammed Yokozuna. Also in action, The 1-2-3 Kid faces one of the Beverly Brothers and The Undertaker takes on Samu. Don't miss the Raw that begins the path to the 1993 SummerSlam. Raw: Episode 25 July 12, 1993 | Approx. run time: 38 mins. The WWE Championship is on the line on the historic 25th episode of Raw. The WWE Champion Yokozuna defends his title against the original Hawaiian Crush! With Lex Luger's patriotic slamming of Yokozuna on everybody's mind, will Yokozuna be able to concentrate enough to defeat his challenger? Plus, The Headshrinkers, Tatanka, Mr. Hughes and Adam Bomb are all in action! History of the Intercontinental Title: Part X April 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 53 mins. The championship reign of Mr. Perfect continues as Curt Hennig heads into WrestleMania VII. This edition features classic matches as Mr. Perfect defends his title against The Texas Tornado, The Big Bossman, Shawn Michaels and Bret "The Hitman" Hart. We guarantee there will be a new Intercontinental Champion, but we won't spoil who it is. Catch the final chapter of Curt Hennig's "perfect" title reign. Introducing: MVP April 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 10 mins. Montel Vontavious Porter might be SmackDown's biggest loudmouth, so it wasn't too difficult to get him to sit down for an interview with 24/7 Online about his WWE debut. The hype for MVP hit levels never seen in the WWE. However, this match, live on pay-per-view wasn't even against a Superstar on the WWE roster! Find out from MVP himself why his opponent was worthy and why his debut match was the greatest in WWE History (in MVP's mind at least). Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with MVP. Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart November 13, 1991 | Approx. run time: 23 mins. It was a sad yet historical moment at WrestleMania XXIV when The Nature Boy Ric Flair was forced into retirement. However, he didn't leave the world of sports-entertainment without providing WWE fans with thousands of classic matches. That's where WWE 24/7 Online comes in. WWE fans have seen the classic match between Bret Hart and Ric Flair when Hart won the WWE championship. This is not that match. WWE 24/7 Online went into the vault to find the first-ever meeting between the two Superstars. This one is just as classic, and is much rarer - and it's our pleasure to share with all of you. Bonus Features: Ric Flair's Hall of Fame video included. MSG: Peter Maivia vs. Nikolai Volkoff August 1, 1977 | Approx. run time: 17 mins. WWE was honored to induct The Rock's father and grandfather into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. WWE 24/7 Online is just as honored to feature matches from both family members this month. Peter Maivia, The Rock's grandfather had many classic rivalries ranging from Bob Backlund to Mr. Fuji. However, one of Peter Maivia's earliest battles in WWE was an encounter against Nikolai Volkoff. Catch this rarely seen match. Bonus Features: Peter Maivia's Hall of Fame video included. MSG: Rocky Johnson & Tony Garea vs. Riki Cho Shu & Mr. Saito November 22, 1982 | Approx. run time: 15 mins. Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson is featured in this classic 2-out-of-3 Falls Match. Rocky Johnson had strong success as a singles wrestler, but his claim to fame was that he won a majority of his matches as part of a tag team. From Tony Atlas to Pat Patterson, Rocky Johnson never had a problem finding a tag team partner. That was certainly the case when he teamed with Tony Garea to take on Riki Cho Shu and Mr. Saito. Check it out! Bonus Features: Rocky Johnson's Hall of Fame video included. SmackDown: Mr. Kennedy vs. Finlay vs. Lashley September 1, 2006 | Approx. run time: 20 mins. This is perhaps one of Mr. Kennedy's biggest matches in his young career. In order for Mr. Kennedy to win the United States Championship he would have to get through two of SmackDown's toughest Superstars: Finlay and Bobby Lashley. Find out if this loudmouth was able to make his dreams come true and become the United States Champion. Bonus Features: Exclusive introduction by Mr. Kennedy. MSG: 22-Man $50,000 Battle Royal July 12, 1986 | Approx. run time: 15 mins. With $50,000 as the prize for the winner of a battle royal, you can be sure every WWE Superstar is going to step it up to win the cash. However, you won't believe who's the last man standing, especially with the likes of Big John Studd, The British Bulldog, Greg Valentine and King Kong Bundy competing for the dough. Don't miss one of the most unpredictable battle royals ever. MSG: 22-Man $50,000 Battle Royal July 12, 1986 | Approx. run time: 15 mins. With $50,000 as the prize for the winner of a battle royal, you can be sure every WWE Superstar is going to step it up to win the cash. However, you won't believe who's the last man standing, especially with the likes of Big John Studd, The British Bulldog, Greg Valentine and King Kong Bundy competing for the dough. Don't miss one of the most unpredictable battle royals ever. --- What the hell does "The original Hawaiian" mean? Are they clarifying the match isn't Yokozuna against Jailbird Crush or Demolition Crush? Is there a 2nd Hawaiian Crush gimmick out there? Mr. Perfect defends the IC title against Shawn Michaels? Sold.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The schedule (1st post of the thread) has updated, though right now it's really no more than what you guys could have read on Sunflower since I haven't done any research yet. Still, I find having the weekly breakdown is handy and I'll be adding some details later. If I'm still awake and get a prompt 12am update, I will be watching the Savage / Roberts snake incident and loving it. Edit: Schedule has been given the "Venkman touch". -
The briefcase is a trophy.
-
Some details I happened to read (mostly by accident when I wanted to see if anyone put the Doogie Howser reference on the wikipedia page for The Bracket): I guess there's an audio file on that Ted Mosby webpage that has a hidden message about Wendy the Waitress being the mother (followed by "just kidding she's not").
-
I remember even as a kid (who marked for Hogan winning the title), I became really annoyed when Gene Okerlund would point out in KOTR Update segments that Hogan had been sitting on his ass with the title and Yokozuna would be his first defense. I think by the time he lost at KOTR I was surprised and thought it was odd he didn't slam Yokozuna, but I don't think I actually cared much about it - I had moved on to wanting to see Crush bodyslam Yoko.
-
Perfection
-
I'm already regretting being stuck as a Bobby Heenan reference tribute name for a week. Think hard about your name changes, kids.
-
That could have been the worst 1 hour and 40 minutes of TV WWE produced and it still would have been awesome, but they were nice enough to book an all around great Raw to build to Flair's big send-off. The return of Cryme Tyme, solid angle builds with JBL, Matt Hardy, and Orton, a SECOND tag match with Kendrick and London going over, and a good Jericho / Punk match. I wish Raw could be this solid more often.
-
I'm guessing that TNAB meant something else entirely. Nope, it was a ploy. Da Metlz and a ton of other people reported that they may be headed for TNA because of it. Very good surprise by WWE, lot better than the Jericho one. Sometimes the smallest surprises are the best. Meltz said people ASSUMED it was TNA bound. Clearly it was "The N's Are Back".
-
Yeah, I'm watching it again on the west coast feed while reading the Raw thread. "She slept with Barney... AND Larney". This is such a great episode.
-
3rd Tuesday in May is the usual date (by "usual date", I mean that's when it came out last year).
-
Raw spoiler for Tonight (Post-Mania)
DrVenkman PhD replied to Thanks for the Fish's topic in The WWE Folder
Ross mentioned it in his blog now too so obviously it's not 'top secret' (though it couldn't have been to begin with if PWInsider knew about it at 2pm). -
Casual or business attire?
-
Raw spoiler for Tonight (Post-Mania)
DrVenkman PhD replied to Thanks for the Fish's topic in The WWE Folder
While they should keep the names of surprise people secret (and Meltzer's daily update indicates there are more than just Tully and Dillon as surprises), this is the sort of segment WWE.com should be heavily advertising. -
Punk vs. Jericho seems to indicate he's going to end up on Raw one way or another. I chalked up his being mentioned in the "Who should challenge Orton?" poll as him having MITB rights but thought it was odd the Raw section of WWE.com mentioned his MITB victory. Now he has a match on Raw. Could mean nothing, could mean something - either way, Jericho vs. Punk is good stuff.
-
There's some validity to that statement, but something tells me whoever said it (if anyone - this IS the Torch) had no problems with JBL taking up time to talk about Christopher Columbus.
-
If anyone deserves a birthday, it's Smues.
-
I caved and read it, think it was something I assumed would happen anyway and sure enough it was. It's awesome to have confirmation on that segment though.
-
So if Chavo got squashed for hanging out at Impact, what's Johnny Ace's punishment for hanging out at the airport with Jeff Jarrett?
-
Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08
DrVenkman PhD replied to Cheech Tremendous's topic in The WWE Folder
I think he means the hair was well maintained and very flowery, though his head had visible bumps from taking a lot of Tombstones. Not my best work. -
Not even his antics with Chavo Sr.?
-
PWInsider has a "Major, Major spoiler" for Raw. Corpse read it and confirmed it is pretty major so I opted out of reading it. Speaking of Raw, while I doubt WWE.com polls mean anything, they have a "Who should challenge Randy Orton?" poll with 6 names on it, none of them being Cena (so I guess getting pinned in the three way takes him out of the race) and one of them being Matt Hardy (who isn't even on Raw).
-
I thought that's the menu he was talking about and noticed it wasn't there. When I was looking for it on the actual profile pages I couldn't seem to find it in the "options" menu... but then I did.
-
Why? They don't need it. Is someone else going to suddenly become a main eventer on Raw for Backlash? I'm kind of expecting HHH vs. Cena on Raw tonight, winner goes to Backlash.
-
Someone sent word to PWInsider that the plane spotted during MITB was not TNA's banner, but (possibly) a strip club's.