Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Federation Era: WrestleMania 2 - much like IX, the 24/7 folder covers the problems with this dull show quite well. Attitude Era: Mania XV takes it in a walk. It may have taken place during the year Raw had it's highest ratings ever and sadly there's probably several people from that era who have seen this show, thought it was cool, and then stopped watching wrestling by 2001 when things cooled down (missing Mania X7 in the process). Current Era: In an odd twist, I'm going to have to say Mania 23. Yes, I loved the show and voted it as my favourite current era Mania due to the bias of being there, but I don't think it's as strong as XIX - XXII, although if I were to go main events vs. main events, it easily beats out 21. I've enjoyed every Mania from 2001 on though (even X8, though if the category was 2001-2007, it would be the weakest) so it's not exactly in bad company.
  2. They're taking advantage of the "Approximately 7:30" listed on the graphic.
  3. No one is denying Ortonsault's place in history.
  4. The snow was quite nice, actually. Not often I'll say that but it wasn't bad at all.
  5. Let us not forget about Failed Bridge, Paul Stanley, old man jlvideo (42!) and the rest. Happy birthday to all on this busy birthday day.
  6. Latest last minute HOF notes from Dave:
  7. Polkaroo was here and I missed him AGAIN?
  8. Aww, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos! (Mandatory "Waiting game" response).
  9. What's wrong with Golfing Barkley?
  10. He gave someone (let's say Chainz) a PRP on the floor during the 8 man tag match betwee Los Boriquas and DOA at SummerSlam 97 when The Nation interfered.
  11. You read it as that too, eh?
  12. They actually do update on the unseen Ken Shamrock beat down when they report Ahmed's legitimate injury (something to the extent of "but Ken Shamrock was not injured due to the Hart Foundation's attack).
  13. Only Cheech knows for sure.
  14. Scripted entertainment?! What a loser!
  15. I'm not familiar with this.
  16. Huh... it didn't show up here (like I mentioned, Challenge had the description for it but no dice). Oh wait, there it is! Nice.
  17. He probably would have been a major player in the Mania thread.
  18. The crawl on the bottom of the screen for the rules of Mayweather / Show was a nice tough.
  19. Applications looked to be the Myspaceification of facebook but now you can block those requests forever. It doesn't change the fact your FRIEND'S have will have more applications than a McDonald's in the summertime, but it's a start. When I was keeping in touch with people via myspace it became very annoying to go to a page and be bombarded with some rap song you didn't play while trying to highlight every word you're trying to read because the dumbass put red letters on a red background.
  20. I just flipped over and saw the Solie HOF video package. Good stuff there.
  21. On the topic of Morrison / Punk, I hadn't seen any of their TV bouts but was 'lucky' enough to catch their less than classic encounters at Vengeance and SummerSlam. I was really happy to see them have an awesome match at a TV taping I went to in October, but sadly the crowd had all gone home after SmackDown and it felt very dead.
  22. Isn't JBL allowed to do whatever he wants, though?
  23. I have Mania X8 on right now (At Hogan / Rock with little interest in continuing without the FF button when it's done) but I totally forgot about Morrison/Punk and MVP/Jericho. I'll be sure to catch this later tonight on the LA feed or tomorrow on The Score.
×
×
  • Create New...