DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
For those having trouble getting the Codec conversations (or just want to hear them all), there you go. Good stuff.
-
I'm worried I may have ruined Taiga's SWF career. I was only being half serious with that whole spiel.
-
Even when I would do a google search or something, I found it more "natural" to type "thorn". I think I may have been called "Steven" by him before but generally no problems here.
-
Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08
DrVenkman PhD replied to Cheech Tremendous's topic in The WWE Folder
They'd look sleazy to come out and concede an extra five title reigns; anyone who was unaware of them would wonder why they covered them up in the first place, and they don't have an answer for it. Which 5 reigns do they ignore? Thanks As much as it pains me to suggest someone go out their way to visit the site, Mike Johnson at PWInsider actually broke down all potential reigns and why there is dispute over them. I don't have the direct link handy but some searching at wrestlingdb.com might help you find it. Wikipedia might have some info too. -
The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in No Holds Barred
BirthdayIzComing (actually, has arrived) for Carnival, his evil twin Carnival Period, and Scroty's evil twin "Scropy". -
Did someone let Venks in the staff folder? No but that is pretty funny.
-
I do agree with her point that Tzar was using questionable math to justify the ratio, but at the end of the day it's just more people that can help out with something. I think Czech's explanation of why the Maff crew wound up with the positions was good too - that doesn't mean it's a good enough explanation for you or Leena or bob or Porter or anyone else saying "why are THESE people in power?", but it at least showed the train of thought behind the decisions. And hey, I've been at chats and you don't see me holding a Wrestling Custodian title.
-
After going over some of the opening posts about how the mod status was turning into "Olympia Dukakis and Bo Derek in: Too Many Grandmas" I was going to offer my take, but since Dandy and Czech already explained the whole "Dandy, Cheech, and the like have no real power", it would just be repeating points already made. I mean, Cheech and Dandy can't even change your name for you - and YOU can do that for yourself. Is THAT the power that is feared? Having a few people in the wrestling area that are knowledgeable / not The Truthiness that have the ability to pin and unpin threads, move things around, merge redundant topics if two people started the same thing by accident, etc. is not a bad thing and really shouldn't change your posting habits. So, after saying I wasn't going to take the time to repeat points already made, I did and I believe parroted Czech's "does this change your posting habits?" question. Leena, I probably deserve an infraction. Edit: This was being written before Czech's last post.
-
Meltzer made a typo in your name. Good stuff though.
-
1. What have we done that you like? You're all very personable. The name change thing has pros and cons but overall is probably a good move (if the display name history could be brought up without having to click on someone's profile, that would eliminate one of the variables I consider a con). Cheech and Dandy seem to be trying with the WWE folder and coming up with tactics to encourage discussion, but the flip side of that is it encourages more discussion and argument banter with people the TSM Intellectual Thinkers Society don't want to hear from in the first place. 2. What have we done that you wish we hadn't? Can you guys perhaps agree on a title for yourselves or is that going to the next "great" TSM running gag? What zany thing will the Tie Wearers / Waffle House Managers / Whatever they are now be next!? (Yes, that's quite the minor nitpick but there hasn't really been any major decisions that I have any issue with). 3. Is there anything you'd like us to do? Send TaigaStar to the Gulag. She seems like the type that would chat in there for the sake of doing so. I know people have been complaining about her from day one but I'm not familiar enough with her posts to know about that (though I have seen a few where she came off as... I don't know what to call it, trying to hard by acting like she wasn't trying hard enough? Maybe simpler put as "being annoying"?) but I DO know that she apparently lacks the ability to notice EVERY SINGLE PERSON'S MEMBERSHIP STATUS IS MODERATOR before starting a thread to say "Hi community that already doesn't like me, here's another example of me not using my head and annoying you!". 4. Would you invite people here to expand the community? A friend of mine is a member here but despite my telling him he could discuss non-wrestling things, he seems to think he'll get found out as a non-fan by posting about food and baseball and be banished (partial exaggeration on his part, I'm sure). I've explained to him more than once that it's fine, but I guess when he sees me talking about wrestling he gets lost and often forgets about the board. 5. Are you optimistic that we're not going to be fucking terrible at this? All 27 of you should be able to adequately moderate the goings on here and make it a better place for those that already enjoy it here. 6. Chicken tenders or chicken fingers? Fingers.
-
I watched the opening (basically just to see that the program worked) and Monsoon certainly didn't seem thrilled about the Thursday air date. I don't know what the point of that being a character trait would be, so I just assumed it was Monsoon being himself (but then I read that Heenan keeps pestering him about it throughout the show, so maybe it was just a scripted thing).
-
And with an empty net goal, Philly will beat Pittsburgh 2-0 to give the Habs the 1st place seeding. Hope this is a good play-off run this year.
-
Jeff Zucker's intro was pretty funny. "Writer's refer to that as a callback. I say it's getting paid twice for the same joke".
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
It's weird they don't list Hakushi vs. Bret Hart on the IYH 1 card. That's presumably the only match a person would want to see on that show (though I would like to see the show simply because I never have). -
It has an underlying level of interest (that would never be mentioned on TV) with Festus being fake Kane and all (and of course there were all these theories about how Fake Kane would end up being Real Kane to retcon why Unmasked Kane had no burns).
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I believe I watched the cage match on 24/7 Online a few years ago and found it was actually not a bad match but naturally the Arquette silliness (among other things, such as what KKC described) didn't do it any favours. -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
TV Classics (not Legends like I originally put it under on the schedule by mistake). -
Well it's still a part of my childhood.
-
Undertaker vs. Festus was announced for next week. That should be... interesting.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The PYBO page is slowly being updated - next month's choices are In Your House 1, Slamboree 2000, or Judgment Day 2005. They didn't change the pictures or descriptions (but the links to the card description work) or even announce what won last month, but I assume that is coming shortly. JD 2005 is the best of the bunch but I already own a copy of it, so screw the rest of you, I want to the train wreck that is Slamboree 2000. Edit: *sigh* Bad Blood 2003 won, but what else is new? The most recent shows almost always win. I just hoped since there was a 66% chance a show I've never seen would have won, Bad Blood wouldn't have. -
I've been told the lack of individual game discussion was Mole's fault (and have said this more than once elsewhere). This is a positive change.
-
When the Jake Roberts snake attack Shortie finally showed up this morning I just had to watch it. It's actually kind of weird because my memory of the incident wants to put a large red X over the screen with "CENSORED" right as the snake bites Randy's arm, but it was not to be. I like Vince yelling "this wasn't supposed to happen!" as well. Some pretty good stuff for 1991.
-
I thought I did, but apparently did not. I blame the fact that I did it from work.
-
You can't say that on television! (in reference to Syxx saying the only time Jericho beat anything was when he went back to the hotel). Gene was really cheesy in a fun over the top way on this show.
-
We should also do a Q & A session with the people that wrote for the final incarnation of The Smarks before 411 gobbled it up - Tim Livingston and Stephen Gray. I'm sure one of them is available.