DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
I could care less if I ever see Sting vs. Flair from Clash 1 after seeing it recently on 24/7. Maybe you had to be there? Edit: That sounds a bit harsher than I wanted it too... fine match, but years of hype didn't seem to match up to what I was expecting. It really should be on the DVD set though.
-
This is the most exciting thing to happen to TSM since Gang Warz. Well done, everybody!
-
I didn't really know where to put this but check out this picture someone posted on WWE.com: http://fans.wwe.com/samthachamp/gallery/vi...ne?pid=24109969 That's pretty funny if it's legit and not a clever ruse.
-
The "cl****" makes me wonder if the board now has a swearing filter in place (one that isn't very good).
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
I don't know if there was a roundtable this month. I don't know why Cogeco didn't put the ECW show up and I don't care about Bad Blood 2003, but hopefully it's not a sign of them skimping on the PYBO again. I was happy to see that Rumble 2008 went up (and they even put up the individual matches this time - except for JBL vs Jericho for some odd reason). -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Yeah I thought that was a bit big of a promise. I'll have to watch the preview show again as it's completely possible 10 Pounds and I just assumed they were talking about the 2008 HOF. 2007 is pretty good, though. Some annoying fans, unfortunatley. -
The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in No Holds Barred
We must have been busy that day. Everyone loves Kinetic! (though mysteryposterx may have lowered your stock from "Risky" to "Don't Buy"). Happy 6th birthday to Matt Young's daughter Malia, Double Dragon star and TSM gimmick poster ABOBO, and Celtic Gaurdian. -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Did the "mentioned on the preview show but not mentioned anywhere else" 2008 Hall of Fame show up this week? -
I think that's more of a common Diva trend than a character re-name. I'm sure they'll be all over her heritage when she uses the Sharpshooter finisher. Or they could just call her "The Natalya".
-
Now it sounds like Punk is just being a dick. It's kind of funny that I do, yet there isn't much else I can remember off hand about the card outside of the fatal 4 way main event and London/Kendrick vs. KC James and Idol Stevens (also an odd match to remember). That's wrestling memory for you.
-
I guess the exciting part was EHME being thrown in the Gulag to replace her.
-
Anyway, back on topic after cabbage's "CM Punk lost a match " routine... Neidhart using the Sharpshooter is good stuff. I'm interested in a more detailed account of that opening segment - as it is, I'm not following Punk's motivation for randomly interrupting a segment. If Edge and/or Chavo were still champions, ok, he has the MITB contract and is making his pressence known. Right now it reads as the heels were doing a promo and Punk decided "Hey people I've not been interacting with lately! I've had 4 matches this week, maybe I'll have another one!".
-
Saw it tonight at a packed theatre for our Tuesday Movie Night, awesome movie. I'm with bps on thinking the self-loathing song was the funniest scene. Singing the Dracula song at Lazy Joes was 2nd. Hopefully good work of mouth keeps this one making money over time.
-
I received the WON reviewing this Raw, Nitro, and Canadian Stampede. I'll probably post the notes in the appropriate Raw/ Nitro threads - I was thinking of just putting the Stampede notes in the Raw thread since that what the build has been lately but maybe I could spin that off into a General thread?
-
Inconclusive!? Inconlusive my eye! I say fire them! It was pretty weird watching hours 1 and 2 from 9-11 (I decided not to trust my digital guide and assume The Score was showing Raw at 9pm, and they were) then watching the last hour when I got up this evening at 5. I had the common sense to read this thread up until the part of the show I already saw and noted people seemed upset, but others seemed to enjoy the show so far up to that point. It's free TV, guys. They are under no obligation to make Matt Hardy vs CM Punk a 13 minute classic. Of course it would be great if a free tv 8 match tournament on free TV that has nothing to do with the PPV they need to build to was PPV quality, but there is a certain reality that has to be adhered to. Overall, it was a fun show and I'm happy that they are finding ways to theme these special 3 hour shows they are given. Did anyone else find the audio really "tinny"? Maybe it was just The Score's first broadcast because the last hour I watched on the Tuesday replay sounded fine but hours 1 and 2 sounded like JR and King were talking into a can and I could barely hear the crowd. I noticed this on both the HD and standard feeds.
-
Sounds like I missed quite the exciting day.
-
Hawk 34 must be out tonight.
-
Punk beats the to-be US champion Matt Hardy, defeats former main eventer and current IC champion Chris Jericho (and escapes the Walls of Jericho from the middle of the ring), and almost wins the KOTR (losing to a man who had much easier matches), but he loses to one of the company's best heels so he's being jobbed out and booked poorly. Just another day on TSM. bps' argument about Punk not even being involved with the PPV has merit though... but hey, maybe he WILL be involved. He always has that MITB contract ready to go.
-
I just realized I forgot to watch Prime Time. I wanted to see the 8 man tag squash match.
-
Did she get banned or leave? I miss the Gulag rants already.
-
Yes, but I assumed someone from Newfoundland was on the same broadcast schedule as me. I'm also running with the assumption no one in the US outside of Boston cares.
-
That McCain promo is awesome.
-
You realize that game (if there's no OT) will be over approximately 45 minutes into Raw beginning, right? On that note, because The Score is still airing the show from 9:15-12:15 (I don't know why they can't ditch the 15 minute time delay tonight - they only do it to circumvent their live television licensing agreement wit hthe CRTC) and I have to be at work by 12, I'm probably going to watch the first 2 hours tonight and then the last hour tomorrow afternoon on the replay. That main event sounds pretty good. The Gold Rush and other such #1 contender tournaments (Mania 22, I think) were held over a series of episodes, right? Would this be the first one night tournament on Raw since Ken Shamrock became the IC champ? That was a pretty enjoyable show according to my memory (we'll see when it pops up on 24/7 in 2009 or so).
-
I see Kawalimus is a poster there too. I mean, I HOPE it's him and not some dirty name thief trying to make a quick buck.
-
The news I was hearing in 1997 was after Richards extremely brief stint in WCW (it may actually end after his match with Raven at the Clash of Champions being shown next month) he was retiring from the business due to a neck injury and was going to run a video game store. Obviously he did not retire.