DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
I can't prove it but I'm pretty sure the fact none of the missing programs I mentioned have shown up yet is directly related to me saying "these are things they normally fix within a day or two". -
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
That reminds me of a good one: People (generally older) on different shifts where I work will not only change the monitor resolution to 800x640, but set the option that makes desktop icons EXTRA LARGE. It looks so awful. -
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
This doesn't happen much lately but on the fast-food topic, a few years I was routinely getting extra pickles when I asked for none. This usually applied to drive-thru orders in the days before they had LCD signs that showed you your order so it very well could have been them pressing the wrong key or something I wouldn't be able to detect by having a screen with the details near me. That never stopped me from thinking someone was just being an ass though. I'm not one to make a scene about anything though, and anytime something like this happened while dining in I just quietly removed the pickles myself and didn't say a word. In a refreshingly honest non-angering moment, my cousin once told someone at a Taco Bell drive-thru window that his Pepsi tasted awful and she responded, "yeah, our pop sucks sometimes" and gave him something else. On the subject of "drive-thru", while I accept "thru" in that instance as it's such a common term, people using "thru" and "nite" as acceptable variations really bothers me for reasons I can't explain. When I was on a class trip in Chicago in 98, the former Rock and Roll McDonalds had SEVERAL signs all saying "Drive-THUR". All of them said it. Signs: I wish I could remember the details, but a few years ago a Part Source put a sign outside to advertise some sort of job opening and a key word was spelled wrong. It remained that way until the sign was removed a few weeks later. It looked quite unprofessional of them. I think it had something to do with references - like "References Requiared", but really I don't remember. The signs at food stands in Comerica Park want people to be at least 42 to buy beer. I have no idea why they have never corrected it - surely someone has pointed out that "Being 21 Years or Older On This Date in 1987" means you're asking them to be 42 to buy beer. Actually, both of these instances make me laugh more than make me angry. -
I saw something on PWI about the Mania DVD coming out in a widescreen "enhanced for 16:9 TVs" format. This pleases me.
-
Sometime in 98, I think. They may have had monthly 3 hour shows after the upcoming August one though, I don't quite remember nor do I recall if Canada ever got 3 hour Nitros. Actually, yeah, I know at one point we did from 3-6pm on Tuesday.
-
Speed Racer commercials hurt my eyes.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Right... Nitro never aired on Monday here so maybe I mixed my days up. I may also be confused with DDP's US title win, but that was also on Nitro. -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
"Saturday Night's Main Event #31 - 11/14/92 on FOX (6.1) - featured a pre-taped introduction by Married with Children's Al Bundy" I know that's probably a FOX thing, but that would be so awesome if that bumper made it on 24/7. -
I'm glad I work with a Christian Apologetic who was able to tell me what the Canopy Theory was (and tell me how stupid it is, though I gathered that just from his explanation) within seconds of me reading the term here.
-
That's great luke, but my complaint was about the NA VC content, not the UK distribution. NA only got Double Dragon on Monday. So enjoy your 3 VC titles while you can't play Smash Brothers!
-
Meltzer sure knows his Vegas bikini models.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Though I could be confused with something else, the US title match between Luger and Bret Hart might be the match where Bret Hart TAPPED OUT to a weak half boston crab that Luger applied, causing me to hate WCW forever. I can't quite remember when this match happened or who was involved, but Bret Hart submitting to a half crab really pissed me off. -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Slamboree 2000 won the PYBO (I guess my daily voting paid off!) so hopefully I actually get it this month. Next month's PYBO is between KOTR 93, 95, and 96. I'd like to get 93 on tape. This is the June preview: JUNE 2008: GOLD RUSH All June on WWE 24/7 On Demand, join WWE 24/7’s Gold Rush and mine our wrestling archives for huge Championship matches and historic title changes all month long. Legends Hall of Fame: Nick Bockwinkel – For nearly two decades, the title scene in the AWA was dominated by the legendary Nick Bockwinkel. Follow Bockwinkel’s incredible career, from Tag Team supremacy with partner Ray “the Crippler” Stevens to AWA Championship battles with Verne Gagne, Hulk Hogan and Curt Hennig. Relive Bockwinkel’s 2007 WWE Hall of Fame enshrinement, as Nick is inducted by Bobby “The Brain” Heenan. Plus, see Bockwinkel’s classic feuds with Jerry “The King” Lawler, Sgt. Slaughter, Stan Hansen and others. The Legends of Wrestling: Worst Characters – Dusty Rhodes, Michael Hayes, Mick Foley and Pat Patterson join host Gene Okerlund for a no-holds-barred roundtable discussion of the worst characters in wrestling history. See classic footage and hear the stories behind notorious Superstars like the Gobbledy Gooker, Red Rooster, the Shockmaster, Mantaur and others. The Big Ones WCW Great American Bash ’92 – The annual Summer spectacular features a tournament to crown new NWA Word Tag Team Champions. Teams competing include Steve Austin and Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat and Nikita Koloff, The Freebirds, Brian Pillman and Jushin Liger and more. Plus, Sting defends the World Heavyweight Championship against Big Van Vader. WWE Old School – Madison Square Garden 1/23/84 – Relive the night that changed the course of Sports Entertainment history, as Hulk Hogan challenges the Iron Sheik for the WWE Championship. Plus, a jam-packed card features Magnificent Muraco defending the Intercontinental title against Tito Santana, a 6-Man Tag Team action featuring Andre the Giant and more. TV Classics Gold Rush – Five (5) Shows featuring Championship clashes from a variety of wrestling promotions and eras. On Saturday Night’s Main Event, three WWE titles are up for grabs, including Shawn Michaels challenging the British Bulldog for the Intercontinental title. On Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, WWE Hall of Famer Jack Brisco defends the Mid-Atlantic title against Paul Jones. On WCW Thunder, “Hitman” Bret Hart challenges Lex Luger for the U.S. Heavyweight title. Plus, title clashes from Stampede Wrestling and more. The Monday Night War – Two (2) new episodes of Raw and Nitro heats up the rating battles between WWE and WCW during the Summer of ’97. Raw features Dude Love vs. Owen Hart and Triple H battling Vader. Plus, “Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels gets some surprising support when battling Mankind, while the Rock makes a huge decision. On Nitro, Hollywood Hogan defends the WCW Championship against Lex Luger, Chris Jericho faces Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair battles Diamond Dallas Page and much more. Shorties The first Undisputed World Champion in wrestling history, Chris Jericho, joins WWE 24/7’s Gold Rush as Y2J presents shocking Championship clashes. The surprises include the McMahon family challenging for WWE Championship gold, Ric Flair defending the NWA World title against Ron Garvin, actor David Arquette fights for the WCW Championship, crazy WWE Hardcore title moments, Chris Jericho’s own WWE Championship controversy and more. Great American Bash 92? SOLD. -
Before my Wifi adapter stopped working it was 3 games, and even at that I thought that was a pretty small amount for such a huge library. I knew it got cut down to 2, but ONE? Oh well.
-
Am I to understand they've cut VC updates to 1 game a week? A scan of the wikipedia entry for "List of Virtual Console games (North America)" only lists Double Dragon for April 28th. That's pretty weak.
-
You're quite welcome. They showed SummerSlam last August (along with the Raw that will be in the week 3 update this month). In my experience with the network, Big Ones or Specials that correspond with weekly TV are coincidental at best. The one and only time it happened during the time I've been a subscriber was when the Buried Alive show and the October 96 MNW episodes that built to the PPV were up at the same time. The end of the Raw before the PPV had a graphic saying "Watch IYH Buried Alive on 24/7 Now!" or somehting along those lines.
-
Meltz kind of said the same thing on Wednesday.
-
Meltzer's tease for the story says it's "interesting".
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
How can a place that makes the food right in front of you make so many mistakes that you didn't catch? The only thing I can think of that doesn't put some consumer responsibility on you is it was some wacky Subway with a drive-thru. I've never seen one like that and I can't say I'd ever use one if I did. I'm not trying to pick on you, but standing in line you would clearly see if they put it in the toaster or not and could have asked them to once they served you the untoasted sub. -
Santino Marella is a probably in the trouble
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
The Wayne's World exchange in the Weapons thread worked out much better. Props to people for trying NewsRadio though. -
The ending was a good enough for character redemption if you thought Stanley was in the wrong.
-
Yeah, I think we know what my favourite 30 Rock line was.
-
They're Legal Custodians (get it?)! Does it bother anyone else that promos for the show air in HD widescreen but the show itself airs in 4:3? Maybe ABC will rectify this for the final season.
-
The Dwight stuff was really good too.
-
The faceless "Board of Directors" could overrule.