DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
ChocoSocko Roundtable: The Deep South
DrVenkman PhD replied to AnnieEclectic's topic in No Holds Barred
You should be more pro-active in causes for your people, EHME, not questioning them. -
bob, I'm going to be in NYC on Saturday. Use your magic to get me into the season finale (it's my birthday, almost). Thanks champ.
-
US networks announce Fall schedule
DrVenkman PhD replied to Atticus Chaos's topic in Television & Film
Will you be pressing charges Mr. Hill? Hell yeah! Remember when the show got moved to Tuesday's (I think with The PJs, Futurama, and Family Guy)? What a disaster that was. I love how it just keeps going when even the DVD releases are shoddy (double sided discs with no features at all). I thought the first few seasons featuring in character commentary were good releases but I'm not a big fan of the episodes from back then (Season 2 has some good ones though, like Jumping Jack Bass). -
While all of this talk of Xbox's not working sounds discouraging, I'm finally getting myself one for my birthday next week and am pretty excited about that prospect. Are the premium bundles still easy to find or have they been phased out by the Arcade Pack (which I seem to see advertised more prominently). God bless that US dollar because I'm able to save significant money by buying a 360 in the States while on vacation and because it's more than 48 hour period, no tax or duty has to be paid on it when coming back into Canada.
-
I recommend Dallas BBQ (though Spanky's is supposed to be even better but I've never been). Good food for good prices.
-
The Things That Anger You Thread.
DrVenkman PhD replied to Man Who Sold The World's topic in General Chat
The Japanese "Get a Mac" ads are pretty good though. -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
As mentioned more than once in this thread, no, they are not. -
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I was skimming upcoming Raw and Nitro recaps to see what matches to expect and noted that there is no Raw on August 25th or September 1st (it was an hour show on Friday due to tennis). Since they've gone back to skipping non-compete weeks, it looks like we may be missing Arn Anderson's speech where he talks about his injury / approves of Hennig in the Horsemen. -
Saw this on PWInsider: Details on WWE's "The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment" DVD set, which is set for a 6/10 release, have been released. Promotional material for the DVD reads: "Throughout The Rock's incredible sports-entertainment career, fans and foes alike knew enough to know their role, shut their mouth, or risk a beatdown from the Brahma Bull. While he's gone from WWE rings to the big screen, his impact on professional wrestling will never be forgotten. The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment highlights the meteoric rise of The Great One, the first man to hold the WWE Championship seven times. This package is packed with 3 discs filled with 19 amazing matches." DISC ONE *Samoan Royalty *WWE Intercontinental Champions Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Rocky Maivia (2/13/97 Raw) *Rock the Ruler *Owen Hart vs. The Rock (04/6/98 Raw) *The Nation vs. DX *King of the Ring 1998 Tournament : Triple H vs. The Rock (6/22/98 Raw) *Rock's Big Chance *Mankind vs. The Rock for vacant WWF title - Survivor Series 1998. *Rocky Rivalry with Mankind *Last Man Standing Match: Mankind vs. The Rock - St. Valentine's Day Massacre 99 PPV *So it continues... *Ladder Match: Mankind vs. The Rock (2/15/99 Raw) *Two of the Most Charismatic Superstars Ever *Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania XV DISC TWO *The People's Champion *Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Triple H (7/5/99 Raw) *The Rock `n Sock Connection *The Rock & Mankind vs. Undertaker & Big Show (8/30/99 Raw) *The Verbal SmackDown! *No Holds Barred Match: The Rock vs. Kane (12/30/99 Smackdown) *The McMahon-Helmsley Regime vs. The Rock *Triple H vs. The Rock - Backlash 2000 *The Following Night... *Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Shane McMahon (5/1/00 Raw) *The Great One vs. The Olympic Medalist *Kurt Angle vs. The Rock - No Way Out 2001 *The New Title *WCW Champion Booker T vs. The Rock - Summerslam 2001 *The Undisputed Champion *WWE Undisputed Champion Chris Jericho vs. The Rock - Royal Rumble 2001 DISC 3 *Icon vs. Icon *The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan - Wrestlemania 18 *Triple Threat *Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker vs. The Rock - Vengeance 2002 *Just Bring It *The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero (7/22/02 Raw) *Third Time's A Charm? *Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania XIX *Transcending Sports Entertainment *The Rock: The Most Electrifying in Sports Entertainment Extras will be 15-20 Rock promos. Note some differences between this and what was reported in April (for example, the 2000 match vs HHH is listed as being from Backlash, not Judgment Day).
-
Who was HHH's greatest opponent? Which WWE wrestler is a communist? What's next for Mike Knox? Which WWE wrestler will become mayor of their home town?
-
This shouldn't be a surprise but it sounds like a post-Writer's Strike Gladiators failed big time in the ratings last night scoring a SmackDown like rating.
-
US networks announce Fall schedule
DrVenkman PhD replied to Atticus Chaos's topic in Television & Film
I never watched it but somehow I thought Back To You was doing ok. -
Everything I read about Lethal's gimmick sounds like he's supposed to be a joke. He can't lift a 50 lbs weight, he routinely lets Val walk off to go out with Dutt, etc. Perhaps this makes more sense if I watch it and don't read Meltzer's thoughts on it in the WON?
-
Worst wrestling match ever? Who was the wrestler of the 90s? Most memorable wrestler turned actor movie?
-
Matt Striker as the highest paid WWE wrestler is comedy gold.
-
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...nts-cbs-re.html
-
Who is the worst wrestling announcer ever? Which wrestler is steroid free? (I don't think that worked due to linking issues, but it's a photo of Chris Benoit from the mid 90s) Who is the next wrestler to retire?
-
Was this the first Raw since the WrestleMania build-up (and I think that's being generous as it might date back as far the Rumble build-up) to actually feature just Raw talent and not have random people from SmackDown/ECW wrestling? I was dissapointed to see Carlito and Santino lose. I was hopeful of being able to drop a historical note of it being the second Detroit Raw in a row to have a tag title change (2004 was Flair/Batista over RVD/Booker). I'm really having a hard time believing Detroit hasn't had a Raw since then but I'm sure I would have went and I only remember house shows, PPVs, and SmackDown and the Cobo Hall SNME taping as having taken place since. I'm going to have to look this up. Edit: Yep, first Raw since 2004. No wonder tickets went so fast.
-
I can't seem to recall the exact time I started watching wrestling, but it was shortly after Mania VII. This means, basically, I share Brett Wolverton's list. I think technically Flair was WCW champion when I started watching wrestling, but by the time I became aware of what WCW was Luger was. I was also going to bring up a vague memory of 6 man tag titles but Brett had that covered too.
-
Thanks King. Some folks seemed to think HHH was going to dive onto the floor. THAT would have been something. Some people near me made a good point about Hardy - he was going after the WWE title when he was suspended and his return promo was about the IC title. That's fine and all, since he lost the title before his suspension and this puts the belt over as meaning something, but it does seem like he's taking a step back in his goals.
-
Who's next? Who was the last person to have a good match with Snitsky? (I really wanted to cheat and use the Chris Masters photo that came up 2nd) Worst episode of WCW Thunder? Who in wrestling uses steroids?
-
The Super Mario Brother Deluxe photo popping up amused me. That's a BruiseBrody photo post I can get behind.
-
Quick question - how did Orton wind up on the floor in the last segment? From my seat I just saw HHH throw Orton into the cage, but then he climbed up top to look at Orton outside the ring. Was the side loose enough for Orton to roll outside? Yeah, I hated Orton's new music. I still love the Kennedy remix though (and it sounds even more toe-tappin awesome on an arena sound system).
-
My report. Non-televised match results: Dark: Ron Killings def. Nick The Natural (I assumed this was Nick Nemeth) with an inverted Falcon Arrow. Heat: Jim Duggan def. CK3 (aka Conrad Kennedy III) with the running tackle. Paul Burchill and Katie Lea def. Super Crazy (Burchill with the Curb Stomp, Lea did the pinfall). Paul London and Brian Kendrick def. Charlie Haas and Highlander Robbie (Kendrick pins Haas after Sliced Bread #2). Post-Raw: Shawn Michaels, HHH, and John Cena def. Randy Orton, JBL, and Umaga in a 6 man-tag cage match. Couldn't tell you who was legal, but Shawn pinned Umaga, Cena pinned Orton, and HHH pinned JBL after the faces simultaneously gave the heels their finishers. Notes: - I could be mistaken, but as Detroit has been home mostly to house shows, PPVs, a SNME taping, and SmackDown tapings, this was the first Raw here since the 2004 draft lottery show. Unlike SmackDown tapings I've been to at the Joe, only one non-production / staging section was tarped off, and even that is questionable as it was right above the hard cameras. - My friend and I ended up in a section with a lot of kids loudly cheering for John Cena. The kid sitting next to my friend began dancing widly when Cena (and Cryme Tyme) came out. I could hear a lot of pro-Orton chants and boos for Cena (and as is the case usually, I'm assuming that's what got over on TV) but my section was so loudly pro-Cena (and that included the 20 somethings on the other side of us) that I could barely hear anything. To give an account on overall loudest reactions would probably be an unfair sampling based on this. However, it did sound like Regal's first appearance in the ring at the beginning of the show got the most heat of the night. I really don't even know what he was saying in his promo as it was just such a loud chorus of boos. - I don't want to get into the whole "parents bringing their kids to WWE events" thing (especially now that WWE openly markets a magazine to them), but it really is bizarre to hear kids yelling "suck it!" when WWE was playing "Best of Raw" anniversary clips during commercial breaks. I also wondered why so many people brought DX signs, wore DX shirts, and waved DX glow sticks when they're not even an on-air group right now. I guess I got my answer at the end of the night. - Though I said I probably cannot fairly judge what the loudest pops in the entire arena were, the loudest I could hear in my section was either for Cena or Shawn Michaels coming out to DX music for the dark main event. Ken Kennedy and Jeff Hardy got really good reactions too. Actually, they played the excellent Jeff Hardy video package I mentioned way back in my October SmackDown notes from Detroit and that got people chanting his name (I think they thought it was part of the show and he could be coming out next - it was shown a few commercials before his appearance). - My section was a bit confused as to how to react to Cade turning on Murdoch as they were just booing Murdoch's singing (while I was cheering for him to sing and tried to get a sing-along going). So they just did nothing. - I saw a TNA sign get confiscated by security on my way in. - As I mentioned, I couldn't really hear Regal so I don't know what was going at the beginning with him kicking fans out or what this had to do with Mickie James' brother (Roddy Hogan?) but it looked like he tried throwing two pretty young ladies out of the building. Though they probably looked like plants, they were actually in front of me at the arena security checkpoint, saying "We're twins! Can't you tell?" then going about their business. Just a small note... (edit: Well seeing the show this comment makes no sense since he was throwing out a man, but I only saw a blonde on the screen as the cage and light set-up was blocking our view of the screen. I did see the chicks on screen during Heat though). Match Notes: - I will never complain about Randy Orton over using a head/chinlock after that Nick The Natural match. After a few basic spots early on, the ENTIRE match was Nick holding Killings in a headlock or chinlock and blocking Killing's attempts to get out. Eventually Ron did get out and that led to the end of the match. Some people chanting "TNA" when Killings entered but not very many. - The kid that was dancing around for Cena and Cryme Tyme was apparently a big Jim Duggan fan too. I told my friend that I found it really weird that the first live show I attended was Survivor Series 91 and Duggan was there too, and here's this kid who couldn't be more than 8 going nuts for him. Duggan gets easy pops for the whole USA deal too which must make his job that much easier. At the SmackDown tapings last fall, they gave CK3 a different ring name, but here they let him be CK3. Maybe because it's just for the UK and internet? - Burchill/Lea vs. Super Crazy started off rough but was probably the best handicap match they've had since they started the gimmick. There were a few times it looked like Crazy might win but of course in the end he didn't. Before the match, Lea said something about Regal on the mic but here accent / people in my section yelling (heat for being the first important heels out) made it so I had no idea what she said. - London/Kendrick vs. Uh, World's Greatest Highlander? Anyway, it was ok but basic tag formula with a Londrick highspot thrown in (stereo planchas) midway through. Post match, Kendrick said that, "This is a joke! We're coming to Raw to get the world tag team titles". Good luck with that, Brian. - The 6 man tag was about 10 minutes and a nice surprise (good thing Shawn admitted he was a liar during the show, eh?). Most of it was just the heels working over Cena until HHH got a hot tag and gave everyone a spinebuster. Michaels then ran in and everyone was in the ring. The faces each ran a heel into two sides of the cage, then did the 3 way finisher spot.