Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. People I used to chat with on IRC before Raw always raved about the show but I was annoyed (for some reason I'm nto really sure of) by a commercial for the show that had a teacher saying "look at those breasts!". I heard about the episode with a teacher named Vince Russo though, which apparently was appropriate for the show. I also prefer shows about high school to be about chaste moral values and focus on zany antics (like finding a bunch of money in a mall as part of a hidden camera show) or saying no to drugs or winning the big basketball game because it's all about sticking together, but maybe that's just me.
  2. It was funny because as I was reading this at work, a heavyset man came in wearing a TAPOUT shirt.
  3. I also found the Pillman one to stands out. I also didn't know they referred to Dokken Hendrix as Michael Hayes at all until 1999.
  4. I don't really work for Dunder Mifflin but I proudly carry a bag with their brand name on it.
  5. DrVenkman PhD

    HDTV

    He may not have been referring to your post directly... But yes, when I first got my HD receiver in January I noticed The Score HD never aired 4:3 shows in 4:3. I like that they have the coloured in bars with a moving spotlight because I hear of people getting image burns from the solid black 4:3 borders (and in fact from time to time I notice a very faint thin, thin black line on my TV when watching something that is 16:9). As far as I can tell (and have heard) A&E seems to be the current worst offender for insisting on stretching every single damn thing they air to 16:9 on their HD channel. I've heard USA and TNT are just as bad but we don't get those in Canada. I think even some of A&E HD's 16:9 programming is 16:9 SD as I've flipped by and seen programs that were actually widescreen that didn't look any more vibrant or defined. I mean, it's easy enough to just hit the button that flips your TV between 4:3 and 16:9 (and before I actually had an HD receiver and perhaps didn't "get it", I think I told Marv to do just that when he was bitching about stretched out Law and Order on TNT) but we shouldn't have to.
  6. I don't want them switching belts again. When they did the switch in 2005, it "made things right". The WWE title with decades of lineage should be on the flagship show, not the belt that celebrates a whopping 6 year anniversary this September (and God help us if we have to hear the WCW lineage argument again). Also, current prcedent says world champions are stripped of their belts if they leave their brand, though that could easily be changed because: A) Lashley was actually being unfairly screwed out of his ECW title by Vince/Coach not liking him last year. B) ECW was still seen as a seperate entity last year. C) It's wrestling and continuity has been loose for about 30 years.
  7. I'll join in for some TMNT.
  8. I honestly forgot about December to Dismember when I called NYR 2006's EC (which is what I meant by confusion when the question was about 2005) the worst one.
  9. Thought so. Thanks. So, is it even possible to change your gamertag without creating a new one? I went to the edit option and the gamertag name was greyed out.
  10. I was originally going to answer that question by saying the Chamber at NYR 2005 was the worst one they've ever done, so EITHER one from No Way Out 2008 would be better (I even liked the SD one) but I was confused with 2006. Still, although I haven't re-watched it (but I will before it expires on 24/7 on Wednesday) the Raw Chamber match was one of the best ones they've done so yeah, it's better than 2005. Neither the 2007 or 2008 Rumble matches are any great shakes in the grand scheme of things, but I'd say 2008 is better overall and has the nice surprise pop for Cena (and Piper and Snuka's little spot was great, made even better by Taker headbutting Snuka and having to sell the fact you just don't headbutt Snuka) but the final 10 minutes of the 2007 Rumble are 10 of the best minutes in Rumble history.
  11. If you change your name all of your friends are aware of it / still on your list, right? I'm sure I won't want to be known as TSM's DrVenkman (especially now that I see I actually own DrVenkman21 from the old Xbox and need to figure out how to get it back since that subscription was cancelled long ago).
  12. I love how I can just go to the Xbox website and C&P that list to get friends added, much easier than writing it all down and logging in to Xbox Live and doing it from there. On that note, Matt Young, mfn, and Blue Bacchus don't seem to exist.
  13. I'm more of a ringer than you.
  14. TSMsDrVenkman GTA IV Arcade: TMNT 89 Gauntlet Double Dragon
  15. Page 1 now has the usual week by week program and schedule breakdown.
  16. Achievments Shachievments. I'll be playing games to play games, not make flower petals in Hexic HD. Of course, I say this because I've only unlocked 4 achievments in my few day old 360 gaming career. I don't want to become one of "those people" but it seems to warp everyone else so we'll see.
  17. That list seems to be missing TMNT.
  18. Glad it won't be a sweep, I hate it when teams win championships on the road.
  19. I liked it better when they ran Memorial Day shows from Canada.
  20. I'll throw my mask into the ring, I guess.
  21. Can't go wrong with a name like "Herman The German".
  22. It sure was.
  23. I loved Mordecai's music. That move Rey did while tied up in the tree of woe where be basically gave Bubba a Diamond Cutter without actually untying his feet from the ropes needs to come back.
  24. Happy double deuce birthday to TheFranchise. Stay clear of The Franchise Raper!
  25. Ahmed's Nation-mix theme is pretty cool.
×
×
  • Create New...