Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. The Styles one was quite warranted.
  2. I still love this Raw. Back in 97 when I was doing some stupid wrestling hotline for the Detroit area (a bunch of people had Ameritech voicemail boxes and did hotlines) I advertised an interview with Bret Hart where I just cut together the audio of this promo. Bret's promo was also on a t-shirt being sold at a local Hart Foundation Reunion show in 2005. Sasuke/Taka is a really good TV match and I enjoy HHH vs. Austin as well. Back to the hotline, I speculated with another hotline host that Canada was cheering HHH because they were ahead of the curve in recognizing Hunter's wrestling skill (I was a big HHH fan since 96) on top of the obvious reason of his opponent being Austin. Speaking of Austin, you have to love his asshole attitude towards Mankind with the swerve and "DTA, don't ever trust nobody!" (heh) and "You'll never be my tag team partner because you're a long haired freak AND you suck!".
  3. I was finally able to see this Nitro before it expired. Hennig's big appearance seemed like an afterthought. I did like Heenan's line when the limo pulled up, "What's so hard about looking in a window?!". I found the show better than that week's Raw at any rate.
  4. The Al Snow Pepper segment is made all the funnier by the chair sticking to Snow's ass when he gets up to mourn eating his dog. What a weird segment.
  5. I'm still interested in how they address it in commentary.
  6. The 1981 MSG show has a really wacky incident happen. I'll leave it at that, but I'm interested to see how it plays out. A large portion of the 87 MSG show just aired across two Prime Time episodes.
  7. Odd. They DID show the July 21/97 Raw on 24/7 last July (and it was pretty weak) so there's obviously no video problems with it, but I would have liked to see Nitro.
  8. I've never actually seen Judgment Day 2004 but I don't recall hearing good things about it, but I would like to see the Eddie / JBL bloodbath. Hopefully the Eddie / JBL Shortie is from GAB 04 as I haven't seen that either.
  9. I got around to watching this before it expired, it was a fun show. Flair knew how to work with Luger (and dig those pink and neon green tights they were wearing) and Luger's power moves worked well here. Was Rick Steiner still in his semi-retarded gimmick at this point? It was really weird seeing him talk like a moron in his promo with a piece of paper saying "STING'S REVENGE" pinned to him, then have Jim Ross mention on commentary Rick was almost a science teacher.
  10. So I'm at work for another 6 hours - anyone care to reveal what the vague "British Bulldogs" Shortie is?
  11. "Here comes the Red Power Ranger to console Boo" (paraphrased) is just one of those calls you have to see to believe.
  12. The ending to the main event seems oddly familiar this week.
  13. Halloween Have It!
  14. Mid-Month Update: Raw: Episode 26 July 19, 1993 | Approx. run time: 38 mins. Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty's legacy in the WWE ring has been chronicled since the very first episode of Raw. On this edition they meet in a classic encounter for the Intercontinental Championship. Considered by fans as one of the greatest matches in Raw history, you can now view it here on 24/7 Online. Also, catch the Raw debut of Men on Mission and Tiny Tim as a guest on The King's Court. Raw: Episode 27 July 26, 1993 | Approx. run time: 42 mins. Raw tries to top the classic battle between the former Rockers on the last episode of Raw with a just as intense match between Bret "Hitman" Hart and Bam Bam Bigelow. Hart isn't only trying to impress the fans tonight; he also wants to impress his parents who are in attendance. Also in action, see Mr. Hughes, The Smoking Gunns and Doink the Clown. Plus, bonus points for anyone who can spot a McMahon watching Raw from the crowd! J.R.'s Pick of the Month: Starrcade - Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes April 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 29 mins. Watch an exclusive interview with Jim Ross as he candidly talks about Ric Flair's greatest rivalries and accomplishments in the '80s. After watching J.R., catch the classic battle between Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes from Starrcade. Then catch up with Jim Ross once again as he discusses what it was like working with Gordon Solie. Bonus Features: 2 Exclusive Interviews with Jim Ross. Wrestling Hot-Beds: The Talk Show Edition April 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 55 mins. Wrestling Hot-Beds takes a detour from touring cities and instead visits the sets of some of WWE's classic talk shows and their loudmouth hosts. Josh Mathews will introduce you to many classic shows such as The Barber Shop, Heart-Break Hotel, Flair For The Gold, and the ultra-rare "Talk Show Show-down" between Piper's Pit and The Flower Shop. Don't miss this special edition of Wrestling Hot-Beds. My Favorite Match: Carlito - Raw, Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin April 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 12 mins. Carlito made history in this match by becoming the only WWE Superstar to win a championship on his Raw and SmackDown debuts. Hear Carlito candidly speak about what it was like making his surprise Raw debut and winning this match. The Caribbean loudmouth holds nothing back when discussing this match! Bonus Features: Exclusive Commentary from Carlito. NWA Starrcade: Jerry & Jack Brisco vs. Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood November 24, 1983 | Approx. run time: 18 mins. 24/7 Online continues its Hall of Fame coverage by featuring a classic tag match with the Brisco Brothers from Starrcade. This tag title match was one of the many highlights from the 1983 Starrcade. Would the newly inducted Hall of Famers walk out champions, or could the talented team of Steamboat and Youngblood pull off the victory? Championship Wrestling: Eddie & Mike Graham vs. Don Carson & Sardo The Magnificent April 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 7 mins. Catch this rare match featuring the father and son duo of Eddie and Mike Graham as they take on Don Carson and Sardo The Magnificent. Although footage is hard to find, 24/7 Online is one of the few places you can watch this newly inducted Hall of Famer in action! Raw: Rock "This is Your Life" September 27, 1999 | Approx. run time: 20 mins. The Rock and Mick Foley had two of the most successful careers as singles wrestlers. However, when they teamed up and formed "The Rock and Sock Connection," they became one of the most popular tag teams in WWE history. Mick Foley (as Mankind) was honored to be partners with The Rock and gave him a presentation that The Rock and WWE fans would never forget. King of the Ring: Roddy Piper vs. Jerry Lawler June 16, 1994 | Approx. run time: 24 mins. It was the battle of the loudmouths at the 1994 King of the Ring. Jerry Lawler was never afraid to speak his mind and insult another man's family. However, things got too personal between Lawler and Piper after an edition of The King's Court. Roddy Piper returned to the ring for the first time in more than two years to shut The King up. Jerry Lawler always had tricks up his sleeve and this match was no different. However, would it be enough to defeat a riled-up Hot Rod? One Night Only: Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog September 20, 1997 | Approx. run time: 31 mins. The British Bulldog defended the European Championship for one of the first times ever in Europe. Shawn Michaels at the time was one of the most hated loudmouths in the world. In one of the first true meetings between DX and The Hart Foundation, find out which faction would come back to America with the European Championship. Kind of a "meh" update. Lawler vs Piper is awful (and closed the show!) if memory serves.
  15. I almost pissed myself today at work when I read that... You're welcome.
  16. Nevermind, this has all been a waste of my time.
  17. From PWI: . That seems a bit odd.
  18. Vince seems to be taking an on-screen break too. That's good.
  19. Seems like Kennedy is still busy with his motion picture as well. I enjoyed Raw and the special emphasis they put on the matches - both title matches got the special intros, Mickie James' win was a big deal, Santino cut a promo to put over the importance of being #1 contenders for the tag belts rather than just having JR say "hey they're the new #1 contenders! Here's Mike Adamle to talk with William Regal about something else!", Regal was in deep training to wrestle Orton. Good stuff. I am getting rather tired of Umaga hitting his head on the ring post in every single match he loses, though.
  20. Even the Raw preview with those 8 men pictured says "the tournament competitors are unknown". Should be a fun show though.
  21. Gorilla Monsoon and Superstar Billy Graham call the action, but that wasn't your question.
  22. The E hasn't done anything this week that's any more annoying than other decisions.
  23. Kids can't relate to a hero that isn't bullied.
  24. From what I gather it's more late DB inspired with Demon King Piccolo as the villain. Let's just steal this from wiki: Cast: Justin Chatwin as Goku: The hero of the film. James Marsters as Lord Piccolo: The antagonist of the film. Marsters explained that this incarnation of the character is "thousands of years old and a very long time ago he used to be a force of good, but [he] got into a bad argument and was put into prison for 2000 years. It got him very angry, and he finds a way to escape and then tries to destroy the world. The cool thing is, anybody who has seen Dragonball knows that Lord Piccolo transforms into a character named Piccolo, and that is a whole other ball of wax. [...] Heroic wouldn't be the wrong term by the end, but it's a long journey." He also confirmed Piccolo will retain his physical appearance from the anime. Marsters is a fan of the television series, which he described as being "the coolest television cartoon in the last 50,000 years [because] it’s got a Shakespearean sense of good and evil." He admitted, "When I got the role I had doubts. The more I live with it I realize that I am going to rock this harder than I have anything in my life." Jamie Chung as Chi-Chi: Goku's love interest. Stephen Chow had been interested in casting Zhang Yuqi, whom he worked with on CJ7, in the part. Emmy Rossum as Bulma: She aids Goku after her father's Dragonball is stolen by Piccolo. Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi: Goku's mentor. Joon Park as Yamcha. James Kyson Lee auditioned for the role. Eriko Tamura as Mai: She is a chief enforcer of Piccolo's and a shapeshifter. (Huh? Sounds like a bizarre amalgamation of Oolong / Puar and Pilaf's henchwoman, Mai) Texas Battle as Carey Fuller: A high school bully. Luis Arrieta as Weaver: A classmate and friend of Goku. He is an original character created for the film. Randall Duk Kim as Grandpa Gohan: The adoptive father and grandfather of Goku who teaches Goku everything he knows about martial arts. Ernie Hudson (!) in an unspecified role: He will play an acolyte in a temple who will aid Goku and his friends.
×
×
  • Create New...