DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Your encyclopedic knowledge of Disney programming and the actors and actresses associated with them is both extremely odd and a unique quirk that I enjoy, bob.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
People do love multi-man title matches at Mania, after all. -
I didn't even realize there was a Hannah Montana theatrical deal. Let me know if there's another one when she's 17.
-
I don't know... We can't just let everyone have the power to pick and chose which forum laws they follow. Why, if that was the case, I'd ban everyone that looked at me cockeyed! Not entirely related to this but maybe just a little: I want to see another "Czech rants about everything in one big unformatted paragraph" thread.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
People have seen that angle in dark matches. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Dave is The One Who Used to Write For Friends. Brian is the wrestling mark. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Sadly time constraints made it so I did not review Raw or Nitro for WO.com. Oh well, I didn't have anything new to say about them. The first Nitro was a very good show. -
Another month, another thread. January was actually a pretty good month but the thread was not as active as some previous months... funny how that works out. Some folks switched to DirecTV and lost 24/7 as well. Anyway, here's WWE.com's take on the month (and to steal a joke from last month's thread, there seems to be no special features on Randy Orton): And the Sunflower Rundown: WEEK 1 - January 30th - February 5th: Legends: Hall of Fame Profile: Don "Magnificent" Muraco Don Muraco vs. Hulk Hogan Fuji Vice Don Muraco vs. Bob Backlund Big Ones: Boston Gardens - September 6, 1986: Main evented by Big Machine and Super Machine vs. Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy. Clash of the Champions - 20th Anniversary showing of the first Clash featuring Sting vs. Ric Flair in the main event as well as a 6 man tag barbed wire match and the Midnight Express vs. The Fantastics and then from there Lex Luger and Barry Windham vs. Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson. TV Classics: ECW Hardcore TV - February 18, 1996 Monday Night Wars: WCW Nitro - May 26, 1997 - Nitro returns to 2 hours with main event action involving Jeff Jarrett and Mongo McMichael vs. Harlem Heat. Monday Night Wars: Raw is War - May 26, 1997 - The King of the Ring continues and Austin & HBK challenge Bulldog and Owen Hart for the tag titles. WCCW - February 6, 1983 Primetime Wrestling - August 31, 1987: Features Alfred Hayes subbing for Bobby Heenan (boo), feature bout is an elimination match between the teams of Bruno Sammartino, Jake The Snake Roberts, and Tito Santana vs. The Honky Tonk Man & The Hart Foundation. Shorties: Billy and Chuck Wedding Paul Vachon Wedding Stacy Keibler and David Flair Wedding Uncle Elmer Wedding Unholy Wedding (Stephanie / Undertaker). WEEK 2 - February 6th - February 12th: Legends: Ladder Match DVD - Parts 5 & 6 TV Classics: NWA Wrestling - March 1, 1986 TNT - March 28, 1986 Shorties: Savage - Elizabeth Wedding (this is possibly a mistake on Sunflower's part) WEEK 3 - February 13th - February 19th: Legends: Muraco vs. Hogan Tag Match Muraco vs. Jack Brisco Muaco vs. Snuka Big Ones: Valentine's Day Massacre: From 1999, Steve Austin takes on long time rival Vince McMahon in a steel cage match with WrestleMania ramifications on the line. The Rock defends the WWE title against Mankind in a Last Man Standing match and Al Snow and Hardcore Holly go all out in a Hardcore Title bout. MSG - March 16, 1997: The first (and last) MSG house show broadcast on the MSG network in 5 years features The Undertaker and Vader having a casket match. Owen and Bulldog defend the tag titles against Furnas and Lafon while the IC title is on the line when Hunter Hearst Helmsley challenges Rocky Mavia. Jim Ross and Jim Cornette call the action. Royal Rumble 2002: Jericho defends the Undisputed Championship against The Rock while 30 men - including a returning Mr. Perfect and Goldust and a gimmick reset return of Val Venis and Godfather - vie for the opportunity to headline WrestleMania 18. (Added on February 14th according to WWE.com). TV Classics: Championship Wrestling from Florida - July 28, 1982. ECW Hardcore TV - February 25, 1996. Monday Night War: Nitro - June 2, 1997: Ric Flair's war with the nWo continues as he challenges Scott Hall. Also features U.S. Champion Dean Malenko vs. Michael Wallstreet and Chono and Great Muta vs. The Steiner Brothers. Monday Night War: Raw is War - June 2, 1997: The last Raw before the King of the Ring sees Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin face the Legion of Doom while Sycho Sid takes on The Undertaker. Also features the conclusion to the Mick Foley sit-down interview trilogy. Primetime Wrestling - September 10, 1987: No details available. Shorties: Al Wilson / Dawn Marie wedding. Edge / Lita wedding. Savage / Elizabeth wedding (which is why I think the week 2 thing is a mistake... it's not the usual pattern). Test / Stephanie wedding. Sister Sherri wedding. WEEK 4 - February 20th - February 26th: Legends: Brian Pillman DVD feature. Big Ones: Survivor Series 2007: A big 10 man mixed brand elimination match, Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title, and Undertaker vs. Batista for the Heavyweight Title in a Hell in a Cell match round out this big card. 24/7 will (apparently) be offering the show in both entire show format and 7 individual matches split up. TV Classics: TNT - April 2, 1986 NWA Wrestling - March 8, 1986 Monday Night War: Raw is War - June 9, 1997: If this is accurate, it looks like 24/7 may begin alternating Raw and Nitro every week. Matches include Sid vs. Owen Hart and RVD vs. Flash Funk. Just like last February, kind of a weak theme, but I'm happy that Raw and Nitro will be broken up to make picking and choosing a bit easier (and increase the video quality). Not sure if I like the alternating idea that appears to begin at the end of the month though. Looking forward to the Clash.
-
I believe it's Glacius from Killer Instinct.
-
Some of this makes more sense if you read appendix 1.A in Site Feedback.
-
I do, it's just a mental thing. I'm getting better at it. And yes, Devil...Gerogia is the PS2 version in career (and you have to do it as a battle everytime) but as of yet I do not see it as a playable exhibition song.
-
The thread in CS makes a bit more sense now. Someone should have made an appendix note.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
He defended it against Rey at Armageddon. Not sure about TV. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Torch reported Show was at Raw with a healing ankle and you'd THINK they received confirmation from a source that saw him before reporting that. -
I have no idea what any of this is about... one big tl;dr about TSM drama it looks like. Hooray.
-
A nice touch was Cena and HHH pointing at the Mania XXIV sign with Cena reminding HHH he made him tap out at WrestleMania 22.
-
I'm starting to wonder if "training" by playing easy all the time is doing me a disservice... I'm pretty good at (almost) all the GH3 songs - I five starred all of them except Slayer's Raining Blood (which wikipedia nicely points out is "renowned for being one of the hardest songs in the regular "Career Mode" setlist, due to its very high tempo and notoriously devastating Mosh 1 section", so I'm not alone at finding it hard). Anyway, point is, going through songs on medium, I find the addition of the blue note confuses the hell out of me and sometimes I miss finger a whole bunch of notes because mentally I think "if I played the farthest one down, red would be next in a sequence" and vice versa, usually missing yellow. Just a matter of adjusting I suppose. I love the song list in GH3, btw.
-
It was kind of a pisser that they made sure Taker and HBK were gone before HHH got in the ring, thus taking away some big star interaction, but at least I got some Foley / HHH interaction. Taker / Michaels / Cena / HHH would have been a hell of a final four.
-
FYI, Santino was in 3 seconds less than Benjamin (17 vs 20)... or so wikipedia has said all day without being changed. I've seen another source say Santino was in 26 seconds and Benjamin was in 18. If I'm doing my math right and going with Santino like I thought before reading Hawk's answer key, I got 19. Otherwise, 14.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Never try and talk to cabbageboy about John Cena or HBK. Save yourself some trouble. -
I like that main event. I also don't know why HHH would need to choose anyone to fight Snitsky and Umaga, I'm sure he could do it himself. Maybe Big Show has his back... or it's just Michaels or Flair.
-
What is this in reference to? Strange Wilderness? How can a movie not be an actual move?
-
That was great. Realizing that only 4 unannounced guys were in and #30 was on the way, I figured it had to be someone of importance... no way in hell did I think it would be Cena. Love him or hate him, he worked really hard before falling to injury and that was one huge "never saw it coming" surprise. Lamest thing was probably Finlay just walking away with Hornswoggle - I maintain there is an unwritten rule that once you walk back through the entrance, you're eliminated (which is why Spike Dudley and Scotty 2 Hotty were never eliminated officially in the past), but then JR just says "I've been told Finlay was DQ'd for using the Shillelagh". That made no sense and didn't account for Hornswoggle. That said, I really enjoyed the show, mostly for the Rumble as usual. Perhaps too many guys in there, but some cool stuff like HHH and Foley going at it, Taker having to sell the fact you can't headbutt Snuka, Piper and Snuka's thankfully brief interaction... good stuff. I wish Hardy would have won the title, but with Cena back that's obviously not in the plans now.
-
News from Meltzer's Sunday update (Rumble preview plus backstage guest): --The 21st annual Royal Rumble takes place tonight from a sold out Madison Square Garden. In recent years (with the exception of last year), it has been the No. 2 show of the year behind Wrestlemania. This year has a rumble that hasn't been promoted as well, but a stronger than usual undercard. *The 30 man Rumble will have 90 second intervals. The two favorites to win are Undertaker (the original pick) and HHH. Decisions are always changed but the winner traditionally goes to Wrestlemania and wins the title. Just for a note, we have confirmed that Big Show is not planned to be in the Rumble, although he will be debuting imminently. Names in the Rumble so far are Mick Foley, Umaga, Shawn Michaels, Mr. Kennedy, HHH, Undertaker, Big Daddy V, Batista, Kane, Finlay, Mark Henry, Snitsky, Bob Holly, Cody Rhodes, Santino Marella, C.M. Punk, Carlito, Hornswoggle, Jamie Noble, Great Khali, Chuck Palumbo, John Morrison, The Miz, Shelton Benjamin and Tommy Dreamer *Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy for the WWE title. There are a lot of people on the Hardy bandwagon right now. Originally, there was no chance of his winning, but a lot of people have been pushing for it based on the strong buildup. It will force changes in long-term plans, but a storyline change in the Mania title match can work just as well, and really, come out of Mania even stronger for the summer. *Edge vs. Rey Mysterio for the World title. This is not likely to be a title change. It will be interesting to see the quality of this match. Both traditionally have great PPV matches when given time, but Edge's work hasn't been at his previous level since coming back for this run. But Mysterio is one of the easiest guys to have a good match with in the company. *Ric Flair vs. MVP. Since the U.S. title is not at stake, Flair should win via pinfall. The only issue is the company doesn't like Flair scoring clean wins over guys they are pushing, so they may just do a cheap finish with Flair surviving. It will be a test for MVP to see if he can work a good match with Flair, if they are given time, which on this show given the two title matches will probably be 15-20 minutes and the Rumble will be around an hour, there isn't much time for this one *Chris Jericho vs. JBL. In some ways the most unpredictable match because it's been a long time since JBL has worked a long singles match. Results wise, I would expect this to be the match with a disputed finish of some sorts, with JBL maintaining heat at the end and keeping the program going. With the top three matches, on paper this card looks like it'll be one of the better shows of the year. --Jimmy Snuka is at MSG, which may not be significant because he comes to a lot of the shows just to say hi.