DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Only 24 spots are filled - you missed a number, Scroby. Random guesses: 25. CM Punk 26. Big Show 27. Bob Backlund 28. Ric Flair, after Mike Adamle tells him he can be in the match if MVP doesn't retire him. 29. MVP 30. Matt Hardy
-
You know folks, I was just kidding... But this is pretty funny (and #60 has already been done).
-
So when do we start the "100 Reasons Why Big Bossman is Better Than Bobby Lashley" thread?
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I don't follow. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I was actually wondering this same thing. -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
Cogeco made it a "perfect" month! Much like how weeks 1 and 3 were perfect except for the fact there were no Shorties immediately, weeks 2 and 4 have maintained there "nothing added at all" status. -
I didn't think I had CW HD (though for SD it wouldn't matter since I would watch TheScore) but they have the Chicago CW (WGN) as our HD feed. Looking forward to Punk vs. Edge.
-
I just hooked up my HD receiver yesterday (thanks for the kick in the ass to get the move going on that, WWE - though it helps Cogeco actually restructured the HD plan and lowered prices in December) and I am hooked. The colours are so bright and vivid... not washed out and drab as they've been looking on my HDTV for the past 16 months. Unstretched widescreen is very nice too. As I mentioned elsewhere, I developed a bad habit of watching TV on my widescreen with 16:9 on because I told myself I didn't notice the stretching... I flipped between HD NBC and regular NBC this morning when getting ready for work and wow, what a world of difference. And this is on a really cheap (HD wise) set, too! That said, had I not bought an HDTV on sale in the summer of 2006 and been looking at bland SDTV resolution on an HD set, I wouldn't have cared.
-
Saw it last night, really enjoyed it. It's not the kind of film style I want to see mimicked or repeated (and rumours suggest that due to a scene , we just might get to do it over again...). I really found myself invested in the characters to the point that at the party I almost forgot this was a monster movie. It was really cool to "be" Hud and learn as they do - someone said it was like a ride and yes, it is very much similar to a 90 minute version of Doc Brown asking you to chase Biff in a Delorean and I loved it for it. Funny audience moment: Someone above us just decided to out loud ask "what is that thing anyway?" during a quiet moment when no one on screen was talking. This was the part where Hud just declares to no one in particular "That's a terrible thing". We laughed. The theatre here had signs all over the place alerting people that the movie is shot with a steadycam on purpose AND suggested people may get motion sickness, offering refunds up until 45 minutes had passed (they also had to verbally advise me of this when I bought the ticket). Anyone else have things like this? Star Trek's trailer had some guy clapping and cheering while his friends said "we don't know him" while I almost boo'd because I'm not keen on cameoless series reboots. Go to hell, new Star Trek! I really did like the Iron Man trailer though (though after seeing Iron Man flying through the sky at the speed of a jet, I told my comic loving friend I was going to have some questions for him, such as "shouldn't going that fast make that suit too damned hot?" but I forgot).
-
I'm looking forward to Taker's HD entrance. Yep.
-
It's both very neat and very sad (in a way) to see that area of the Mushroom Kingdom ravaged by time.
-
I am happy to have been beaten by the champion.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Sometimes local radio stations or arena newsletters do (basing this purely on the Detroit market). -
Evil = HHH?
-
Based on SD spoilers,
-
Chuck sure earned that spot.
-
Yeah, wrestling Elix Skipper on the Xplosion taping sure was a tough opponent, I bet.
-
Well done, Failed. I also like how it appears that Hawk 34 changed dubq's name to "dumb" when he quoted him and Yuna.
-
It sounds like he had moved on to filming The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus but I read something about him developing poor sleeping habits while filming Dark Knight.
-
The preview also mentions opening the show with an Over The Top Rope Challenge. It lists no participants but anything other than a BDV victory here would surprise me. Dreamer was also added to the Rumble as per some internet column angle so I wonder if anything will be said on the show about it.
-
Add me to the "annoyed by 4:3 viewers getting screwed over on turnbuckle shots". We couldn't even see what was happening during the superplex attempt in Kennedy/HBK! I thought Jericho's entrance looked really cool on the new set. I noticed a lot of things looked crisper and more vibrant in SD on my LC HDTV (with no HD), especially any on screen graphic, but the flip side of that is I've been a retard for over a year and decided to just watch everything in fullscreen because I didn't notice any bad stretching and I liked "filling the screen", but I see now that was dumb so I have the TV set to 4:3 unless I'm watching a WS DVD. I've had it for over a year, I think I'm finally going to sign-up for the HD package our cable company offers.
-
Yes, and? I know I was being a bit vague but that's exactly what I was referring too. 1996: Vader and Yoko are fighting near the ropes, HBK somehow has the power to dump both at the same time despite without any trouble at all despite attempts at eliminating Yokozuna by multiple guys failing in 1993. 2006: Big Show and Kane are fighting near the ropes, HHH somehow has the power to dump both at the same time without any trouble at all despite it taking a herculian effort by Benoit - after attempts by several people at the same time - to eliminate him just 2 years earlier. I realize it's just "one of those things" but that Michaels spot from 1996 has always bothered me and I was amused that HHH was able to pay tribute to it a decade later.
-
cabbageboy you're not making a lot of sense there... 1994 has a "botched" ending despite it going as planned. 2005 is "Very good with some controversy" but that finish WAS botched.