Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Mr. Burns: (checking his stocks) Ah, right where I left off September, 1929 ... oh... oh no... Smithers, why didn't you tell me about this market crash?! Smithers: Um, well...sir, it happened twenty-five years before I was born. Mr. Burns: Oh, that's your excuse for everything! I think Burns asks Smithers how his Confederate Slave Holdings stock is doing before that line ("uh... steady"). Burns to Krusty (who is buying a box of Krusty Os) at the Supermarket: Excuse me, where might I find the Burns Os? Krusty: Listen pal, they don't put nobodies on cereal boxes! Burns: *picks up and examines a box of Count Chocula* Hmm... well, I suppose this kind of looks like me. Homer: Hey, what does this job pay? [union steward] Carl: Nothin'. Homer: D'oh! Carl: Unless you're crooked. Homer: [loudly] WOO-HOO!
  2. http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080111.jpg
  3. Gangrel is going to beat X-Pac for the European Title because it says so in his contract.
  4. Legends show was a later update (I guess). As usual it's not available here so I downloaded it. "Sure, if you fail as an evil dentist you can maybe come back as something else..."
  5. Woo, 4th highest win margin. CG mentioned in Round 1 he thought he'd get slaughtered here, but I think it's going to be very close. IBS: Man in Blak - Could go either way, but just trying to shake things up in my bracket. Agent - I have no specific reasoning for this, but he did vote for me in round 1. Me, obviously. Matt Young - nothing against either one, but there's a high percentage of sports guys voting in this and, well, I think I'd have an easier time against Matt if there's a round 3 in my future. Rock: NYU - Ok, this is tough, but I felt like a slighted NYU in the last round. I really wanted to back KKC in every round but NYU is one of the reasons I made it as far as I did in 2007. King - As I mentioned previously, I like King's blog and style lately. Not so keen on saving America, KOAB. Slayer - thanks for the vote, Carn (and no, I don't hate you), but this round is Slayer's. Treble - Office Glen? Yeah, he died. Culture: Czech - For putting up with the headache of running this crazy thing. Snuffbox - He overcame the odds. Can he do it again? Probably not, but here's one vote for him. VX - Could have voted either way, went with X. EHME TC - Another close call, but I'm backing IMO4ED all the way. Powderfinger: Black Lushus - A tough call, but BL's Gina sig holds weight in my voting process. Inc - Why not? Cheech - I don't want to end up on Al's enemy list but Cheech is deserving of my vote. Smues - Another tough call, but I'll have to go with Smues on this one. Wow, the way the seeding worked out made round 2 a much tougher vote. Good work, Czech.
  6. Legendary Detroit News Anchor Bill Bonds?
  7. Yeah, it's been tremendous. I also applaud Matt's campaign of getting the word out to people that don't venture here - had I not told WWM, spman, and tigeraid about the 2007 tournament over IRC, I don't think they would have known it was going on.
  8. So what's the format this year, Czech? Results thread separate from the voting / voting discussion thread or all goings on of each round in the same thread?
  9. Gotta love round 1 controversy.
  10. What if I or someone else just change their original vote? That would tip the balance. I'm not up for it, but surely someone out there could go either way and would not have a problem changing their vote to decide a man's future and get the wheels of the tournament moving.
  11. Newspaper headline: "TODAY WE REMEMBER MARTIN LUTHER KING" Byline: "Tomorrow we don't"
  12. When the theatres here were doing "guess who this fuzzy picture is based on our clues", I always guessed Otm Shank.
  13. "as was the style at the time". Good follow-up quote, almost used it myself.
  14. Back in those days, nickels had bees on 'em! "Give me 5 bees for a quarter" people would say.
  15. If you want close, re-live the 2007 Poster Tournament's Elite Eight. It was quite the back and forth between CanadianChris and I.
  16. So, ol Paul is going back to his alleged "slave name" eh? God, why do wrestlers do interviews like that after they leave the E? No one buys that they won't come back one day.
  17. Thoth is good people, he set up a Virtual Console Gift Exchange for Christmas.
  18. That is an all time classic - I seem to recall WWE ripping it off though I can't remember why (Vince - I think - was taking a lie detector for some reason).
  19. I feel the same way. AndewTS seems decent and is a good poster, but I don't want to be the one to lose to the video game guy. Fair enough (because I did vote ATS, but it was a tough call) but KKC would be losing to non-decent bad poster who thinks we're all fags. I'm pretty sure he's up by a large margin though.
  20. I like how on The Colbert Report, Stephen is now just reading the paper and making comments about the news and has been doing two interviews instead of a scripted comedy piece during the second segment (except last night had a funny segment of him at the Smithsonian).
  21. Fun with animatronics: You're the birthday, you're the birthday, you're the birthday boy or girl! Only WHO can prevent forest fires? *Choices - YOU or ME* You picked "YOU", referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is "YOU". The cut from syndication scene from the episode that starts at Storytime Gardens where Grandpa is sleeping in the Three Bears house and yells at the robots while they're doing the story is also great.
  22. And I complimented your game collection... 'Sault - don't worry, we're good. Though I've been reading TSMass as "TSM Ass".
  23. I thought I read somewhere (wikipedia, probably) that WWE stopped calling it the ECW World Title, always just calling it the "ECW Championship". Of course they call their top world title "WWE Championship" so that means nothing.
  24. I can't remember the exact wording of the entire scene, but Wiggum saying he can both promote and demote Lou to sergeant when that's what he is already is good stuff. Almost any Skinner/Chalmers interaction. Was his first appearance when Ralph asked "What's a battle?".
×
×
  • Create New...