DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
-
Won't I get penalized for that though? There are some mechanics I'm not entirely sure of (maybe I'll take some training...), I don't even know what the hammer on's Jack speaks of are.
-
WO.com spoilers note that Finlay told McMahon that putting Hornswoggle in the Rumble violates some deal Finlay was never supposed to mention. Any mention of MVP vs. Flair being title / non-title? I'm guessing nothing was stated since the WO version doesn't specify either.
-
So will BG James and Bullet Bob be a tag team in TNA that actually gets along, or are they going to end up getting R:TPTDGA-ified, especially since no one ever expects family members to turn on each other in wrestling?
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
You can probably guess which matches are being edited, and since the reason for condensing 6 parts into 4 isn't in those 3 matches, you're safe. -
Ugh, I am so, SO bad at "You Really Got Me" (on EASY no less) - it's weird, it;s the note pattern (red green red green yellow red green red green etc.) that I totally fail yet there's an almost similar note pattern in later songs I did great with. Practice, practice, practice...
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Prime Time and the December leftovers (NWA, History of the WWE Title) are expiring tonight. It's a light update - Ladder Match DVD, NWA, and TNT debut. -
Sadly, "this could be a main event anywhere in the country" doesn't work that well in everyday real talk. It's doable though.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Maybe the 2008 Rumble is going to get rowdy. -
Crush is the one I WANT to see fall in the water too.
-
Do you have any examples? For the life of me, I can't remember him doing this. Maybe with Kane? And I'm really starting to think Senshi quitting TNA is a work. I think he did it with Kidman and Tajiri in 2001. No, wait... he actually lost to Tajiri on TV but beat him on PPV. Huh. WO.com's annonymous spoilers note this is Senshi's last show.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
That's the last time I make a borderline sarcastic reply about something (well, not really). I wasn't putting the Goldberg thing up for debate, EHME. Lushus: Primo work on the Gina / Crush sig. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
They chanted it pretty loud in Toronto... 4 months later, but still, it did happen! -
This was from the WO spoilers: I admit I don't follow TNA very closely but it sounds like Petey is being a heel by walking out on Dutt, who is then being a heel by beating up a female valet. What did any of that accomplish besides doing another R:TPTDGA segment?
-
Terribly inaccurate wrestling predictions you made
DrVenkman PhD replied to King Kamala's topic in General Wrestling
Owen Hart will be a major player in 1988 and beyond. The British Bulldog will be a major player in 1999 and beyond. Harry Smith will be a major player in 2006 and beyond. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Were you just being funny with the Grisham thing? He doesn't do a SINGLE THING on 24/7. They didn't even let him pick a Shortie in December. -
So much for losing and you don't get in, eh? A result from another day said Miz/Morrison won, so maybe in kayfabe Yang/Moore accepted a challenge from the heels to put their spots on the line in a rematch.
-
Where does it say this? All I see is "Carlito and Santino in a tag team match".
-
The country hick was kind of funny in his promos. The unseen commentator seemed even more annoying in this episode with all his puns that even I didn't like (something about "Justice's Injustice").
-
EGM's review of Harvey Birdman (Wii/PS2) make it sound like it's okay at best. ("Good: It's like an episode of Harvey Birdman / Bad: A somewhat unfunny episode, though"). The review also notes they couldn't get Colbert to voice his characters. One of the screen shots in the review had a picture of Guile with his hair on fire.
-
Damnit, why isn't Deon named Douchebag anymore? I support NYU - after all, he supported me on my trip to a bracket victory and 4th place overall standing last year.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Who? Sounds like a fake (or maybe misheard) name for Nattie Neidhart. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
In context of the full blurb, their issue seemed to be making guys go in at intervals until everyone is in, just to end the match quickly after that because now people are allowed to give up, and that it takes up two rings to do. Basically, the writer is calling it a stupid gimmick match despite (probably in spite) of the fact it's regarded as one of the best things Dusty or WCW ever did. -
WO's recap said the Ultimate X was "for the belt but not the championship". That is, though debatable I'm sure, the DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD in pro wrestling in the 16.5 years I've been watching. 10 or so title changes in 3 months in WCW 2000? Hey, at least they were all fighting for a championship. There's WWE Dumb, WWE Logic, Plain Dumb, WCW Dumb, 2000 WCW Ludicrous... but really, TNA Dumb seems to right up (down) there with the worst of WCW. Maybe I'm exaggerating and using too much hyperbole but it just sound too awful.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Yeah, it's exactly the same... except it's not at all. A PPV event/movie has a specific broadcast time - the order can be accepted live anytime, but the event itself has to be viewed during the time it's being broadcast / beamed to the satellite. OnDemand movies/programs need to be stored on a server and made readily available via high-speed coaxial cables at all seconds of the day. I'll admit I'm no technical nut and I'm making basic assumptions based solely on how it appears to me this stuff works, but it makes sense, no?