TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The One and Only Raw thread 2/18

Guest Ihatesmarksandmarks

im compariosn to rock and hogan NO ONE really does care about RVD and Edge except the smarks....sure they get pops....but so did the godfather at one point...should we have pushed him to the moon? And as to why im on smarkboard? to quote you BPS: Fuck you for telling me where i should go on the internet.

Guest whatitistoburn

To Whom It May Concern

Re: The Greatest Angle Ever/Top Faces

Rock vs Hogan might be nice mark outage and all, but face it:

Austin Vs Goldberg.

I think people would pop a hell of a lot more for that.  Then again, I might be wrong.

You heard me.  I admitted that I don't have all the answers.  Imagine that.

Guest Tony149

I forgot to say Edge beat Regal with some leg move. I hope they don't go with another Edge/Regal match. Seems like they're going to do a 'Fatal 4 Way' with RVD vs. Goldust vs. Regal vs. Edge at WM.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

You fool.

Only RicFlairGlory and ihatesmarksandmarks may have opinions.

Guest Some Guy

After reading through this thread I'm glad I signed off and watched Raw.  That angle was great and whether you like Hogan or not he had the crowd in the palm of his hand, they chanted for him almost as much as Rock and he's the heel.  Rock/Hogan will draw and the match will suck.  It'll be the last match on Mania, so just turn off the TV if you don't want to watch it.

Guest Max Danger

Austin-Hogan may be bigger than Rock-Hogan, since Austin and Hogan are the two biggest draws in wrestling history, BUT Rock-Hogan is the right choice for now.  Because Austin's "What?" shit will drag down any feud he's in because it can't be 100% serious with the "What?" chants.  So I'm looking forward to the Rock-Hogan matchup at WM, and hopefully Austin can shake that "what?" shit and we can have Austin-Hogan at SummerSlam.

LOL oh yeah now going down to cheap insults bps....running out of ammo bps? since when did i say no could have an opinon hell YOUR the one telling me to get off smarkboard......more hypocrisy for bps...

Guest Tony149

They're probably saving Hogan/SCSA for KOTR or Summerslam. If booked right, both will draw money.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

You know what.

Fuck it.

This isn't smarkboard anyway.

It's infested with marks.

I'll leave.

Anyone want to have good conversations can meet me over at World Domination Inc.

Guest RicFlairGlory

LOL

yeah bps, only the two of us can have opinions.  Thats why EVERYONE is marking out for Hogan and his charisma, drawing power, and everything else that makes him great.  And thats also why you're on the run, doing nothing but spouting things to be childish, because you dont have anyone on your side.  Get used to nobody wanting to talk about RVD and Edge.

Guest Kinetic

Goddamn.  That was just an awesome show, with some moments that are going to be talked about for a long time.  The Rock-Hogan promo was a thing of beauty.  But then...the beatdown: the way it was executed, the way the nWo reacted, and the way the announcers treated it was just PERFECT in every possible respect.  For the first time in months, the WWF is actually showing some sort of consistency from show to show.  They didn't just have the nWo come in and immediately become three other faces in the crowd.  They had an impact in one of the most awesomely awesome segments to air on WWF television in a long time.  From there, Triple H and Angle had what I would consider to be their best match together.  We knew it was going to happen, and I'm just glad to see HHH pick up his game a bit after looking like shit since his return.  All in all, what was looking like a dismal WrestleMania has suddenly gotten a lot more interesting.  

Of course, you wouldn't know that from reading this thread, you miserable bastards.

Guest LooseCannon

Yes, that was an awesome, awesome show, and I hate to seem like the kinda guy that always has to find something to complain about, but why was this free tv show so much better than the PPV I spent money on last night>

Guest Some Guy

Okay people do pop for Edge and RVD, just not as much as Hogan and Rock.  Thats why there main eventing Mania.  In a year or two RVD and Edge (I am a fan of both) will have had a chance to be pushed.  RVD is much closer to being ready than Edge IMO.  

On a different note: Perfect looked good, except for missing the gum :), why did he lose?  I can't for the life of me figure out a reason for it.

i'll agree with that some guy....i do feel the midcarders will get their time, i just wish some smarks would stop whining about it even during good shows.

Guest BernieLicious

All I know is that was the best RAW I've seen in a long long time just for the whole Rock/Hogan angle.  I could have cared less about HHH and Jericho.  For the first time in recent memory, I am actually interested in tuning into the WWF and watching.

Guest Mik at Cornell

Hey, bps, why be such a baby? God forbid someone has a different opinion than you do, so you are going to take your keyboard and run to a different message board?

By the way, I agree with the opposing view that Raw was awesome, and I definitely put my biochem down to watch every last second of the Rock/Hogan segment.

Guest Army Eye

Loose Cannon that's a valid beef.  I wish I had answers for you.  

bps21 is leaving the board?  Unless it's a swerve, wow I just marked out AGAIN tonight.   He seems to have a good thought in his head once in a while but overall he's more repetitive than a crowd during an Austin promo

Guest Brian

Well, we're rasslin' fans, what do you expect. He has to take a few tries to get his point across.

oh i marked out too army eye....its nice to have people who can actually enjoy the show on this board now instead of the usual smark crap

Guest RicFlairGlory

Oh well.  No more Rod "bps" Stewart.  I wont shed a tear over it.  His blabbering about the one or two guys he cares about and screaming about everyone else's workrate and age is over

ma ma ma mark mark world order

Guest RicFlairGlory

I'm just glad we have wrestling fans on this board now.  Not just relics like Rod who like the AWA era.  Nice to see most of the smark whining gone and people who can say "The WWF had a show I enjoyed."  The only thing I'll mark out more for, is when he does it again live at the Providence RAW.

Guest Some Guy

After this show, I'm pissed that Smackdown in Boston sold out and I can't go.  But shit happens I guess.

Guest goodhelmet

Was the Rock-Hogan segment great? Yes.

Will their Wrestlemania match be great? Sadly, no.

Was Trips-Angle miles above last night's match? Absolutely. Does anyone care? from the sounds of it, no. Hasn't everyone been claiming for years that the title should be the focus of the company but on this show it's not.

does anyone care that the midcard (and even the main) played to a dead crowd? I do.

Did anyone here watch the NWO the first time around? Did you mark out like I did when they first came on the scene?

By the end of their run, weren't you screaming for them to get the hell off your screen (More Benoit Dammit!)

Do any of you realize that this will be exciting until it happens week in and week out and that we'll be tired of it in a couple of months? Do you realize that the reasons for great segments like this is for a big payoff in the ring and that sadly Hogan doesn't have the skills to entertain in the ring anymore? Only on the microphone.

Will you still care about wrestling when Austin, Hogan, Nash, UT and HHH are so broken down and eventually gone? Well, if you don't care about the midcard now, why should the WWF even bother pushing new faces? Then once these old guys outstay their welcome and no new stars are around, what will be your new hobby?

Wrestling's future will hinge on NEW talent, NEW ideas, and NEW main eventers, not washed up, past their prime primadonnas who can't put on a good wrestling match. If you enjoy the NWO, what about their wrestling matches entertains you? Is it Hogan's presence? Nash's workrate? Hall's selling? Why are you excited these guys are back? Will you be excited when the wrestling will be so bad and the payoffs to feuds so bad (an NWO trademark) that the product will be too excruciatingly painful to watch?

When the WWF fails to create new and exciting stars, where will you get your wrestling fix?

the WWF looks like WCW more and more everyday but there was an awesome Rock-Hogan segment tonight!!!!!!!!!

Guest The Shockmaster!

Hogan handled his segment with the Rock perfectly and I don't think anyone should be shocked, this guy has gone toe to toe on the mic against guys like Flair, Piper and Heenan so the Rock wouldn't be intimidating. This is Hulk Hogan for chrissakes!

This was a good RAW and hopefully they can keep the NWO stuff on this type of level and not fuck it up completely.

Guest Tony149

All you have to do is think you're back in the "Attitude" ERA. Where the wrestling sucked, but there were still things to cheer for.

It's Vince's job to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes the old WCW did. Will the nWo angle work? Who knows. It might fall flat on it's face or it may shock the fans by working. The casual fans seemed to enjoy the nWo stuff on Raw.