TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Saved By The Bell

Guest Vern Gagne

Wasn't there a jerk in a wheelchair that tried running over Zack in that episode with the WheelChair B-Ball game?

Guest Zack Malibu

In the wheelchair episode, the whole scenario had Zack favoring Melissa (pretty sure this was her name) just because she was in a wheelchair. Like when he took her to the movies, he made the people in front of them move because "his date was handicapped", etc. and it made her uncomfortable. They re-used a similar plot on City Guys, where the gang was working at a toy store, and the owners son was in a wheelchair. Jamal kept giving the kid "special treatment", upsetting the kid.

Zack's dad's name never changed, and I do believe it was the same actor as well. The first time we saw him was the episode where he was supposed to meet Belding, but Zack got James The Actor (waiter from the Max) to pose as Belding when his father went to Bayside, and then to pose as his dad when Belding was expecting him. During the Christmas/homeless person eps, his dad was away on business, and I'm pretty sure Zack's mom said something like "My husband says when he gets back he's going to help you get a job" or something to that effect. Both parents were in the Wedding In Las Vegas movie. Zack's dad thought he and Kelly were too young to be doing it, but Zack's mom said that if it's what makes Zack happy, then he should do it.

Guest Vern Gagne

No I think Zack did have two different dads. The original was the Lieutant on Chips.

Guest Zack Malibu

My bad, guys. I wasn't thinking of the Junior High episodes when you talked about Zack's dad. On the Junior High eps, the parents were divorced, because Zack's dad had a thing for Miss Bliss one episode. But in NBC episode continuity, Zack's parents were together, and it was always the same actor playing his father.

Guest pete

For a while their was that biker chick Tori that Zack dated; during this time Jessie and Kelly were MIA. Then they were back again, and Tory was gone. What was the story there.

Guest starvenger
Oh, and speaking of Zack's dad, didn't two seperate actors play him at different points in the show's run?

IIRC, a "Miss Bliss" episode had Zack with divorced parents, and his dad started seeing Miss Bliss. Then his dad (a different actor) showed up in SBTB later.

Generally, I consider the "Miss Bliss" and "Tori" episodes to be in alternate universes, with at least SBTB, The College Years, The New Class and Hang Time in the main universe.

Guest Zack Malibu
Generally, I consider the "Miss Bliss" and "Tori" episodes to be in alternate universes, with at least SBTB, The College Years, The New Class and Hang Time in the main universe.

I didn't see much of the New Class in 97-98 due to work, but I remember some type of crossover with Hang Time at a space camp. I think Ryan Parker from The New Class got involved with Mary Beth (snobby girl from Hang Time). That was the only time two of the teen shows ever crossed over. (other than stars of one show guest starring on one of the others in a different role).

Guest starvenger

>Sly and Lorena were moving elsewhere in CA, Sam was going to Oxford, Mark was going to Juilliard (sp?) in NY, Tiffani was going to Hawaii, Tony was going...crap, I forgot where, lol...and Jake was staying put.

Tiff going to Hawaii is pretty funny, seeing as she ended up on Baywatch.

I liked Dreams better than the rest of the post-SBTB shows. The entire plot where they phased out Matt and his family (as well as introducing Sam) was flimsy, but at least they tried, unlike The New Class, where characters just appeared and disappeared and that was that. Throw in guest stars like Christopher Hewitt and pre-boobage Nikki Cox and it's all good.

>Czech Republic-I've never seen DeGrassi, either by not knowing when it was on or just not having it carried in my area (I think Showtime may have had it on once but I'm not sure). The one I episode I saw was on that was shown in some of my health classes during middle school, where the girl wih the big hair finds out she's pregnant.

I think Spike's pregnancy and resulting birth was probably the most well-known storyline from DJH. It was (and still is) pretty deep stuff for a show aimed at people 18 and under...

Guest Zack Malibu
>Sly and Lorena were moving elsewhere in CA, Sam was going to Oxford, Mark was going to Juilliard (sp?) in NY, Tiffani was going to Hawaii, Tony was going...crap, I forgot where, lol...and Jake was staying put.

Tiff going to Hawaii is pretty funny, seeing as she ended up on Baywatch.

I liked Dreams better than the rest of the post-SBTB shows. The entire plot where they phased out Matt and his family (as well as introducing Sam) was flimsy, but at least they tried, unlike The New Class, where characters just appeared and disappeared and that was that. Throw in guest stars like Christopher Hewitt and pre-boobage Nikki Cox and it's all good.

>Czech Republic-I've never seen DeGrassi, either by not knowing when it was on or just not having it carried in my area (I think Showtime may have had it on once but I'm not sure). The one I episode I saw was on that was shown in some of my health classes during middle school, where the girl wih the big hair finds out she's pregnant.

I think Spike's pregnancy and resulting birth was probably the most well-known storyline from DJH. It was (and still is) pretty deep stuff for a show aimed at people 18 and under...

Well, the New Class DID try. The second cast switch (after they got rid of Brian, the Swedish(?) kid) saw Ryan Parker, Maria Lopez and RJ "Hollywood" Collins transfer from Valley, only to be met with disdain from the Bayside student body. This was when Tommy D., Lindsay Warner and Megan Jones were left from the original cast. Tommy and Ryan kind of had the Zack/Slater vibe at first, where they were around each other but didn't actually like each other, until everyone settled in just fine. It was better than the other times where characters vanished in unison (Tommy D., Lindsay and Megan were all phased out at once I believe). And when Rachel left, they played up the long distance storlyine with her and Ryan, until ultimately they had to break up. Nicky got introduced because he was Ryan's stepbrother (kind of a rip on the Jesse storyline from the original), and Liz and Katie kinda just appeared.

I still to this day only have on New Class ep on tape, and it's the very first one. It pains me to see such a blatant ripoff of the original cast, right down to the geek with the nickname (Weasel).

Guest treble charged

How many non-Miss Bliss episodes was Zack's dad on, not including the movie?

Guest starvenger
I still to this day only have on New Class ep on tape, and it's the very first one. It pains me to see such a blatant ripoff of the original cast, right down to the geek with the nickname (Weasel).

Oy, that first season was painful. That should probably also exist outside of continuity...

Guest treble charged

And which one is the one where Zack phones him on his cell phone (while they are both in his room), because he isn't paying attention to him.

I'm assuming that it's the Belding-impersonation one, but I could very well be wrong.

Guest Zack Malibu
And which one is the one where Zack phones him on his cell phone (while they are both in his room), because he isn't paying attention to him.

I'm assuming that it's the Belding-impersonation one, but I could very well be wrong.

That is indeed the Belding-impersonation one. Zack was afraid of not being able to go on a ski trip, which was why he had James do the impersonations for him. When his dad confronted him about it, asking why he didn't just tell him, Zack said it's because his dad is always too busy with work.

Guest Vern Gagne

What was up with Slater's stone washed jeans?

What was up with Screech's puffy pants?

Guest Choken One

I'm not sure but here's a question...How did Lisa wind up? Wasn't her character on In the House an extention of Lisa?

Wasn't there supposed to be another movie but it was dropped when Tiffany Amber Theisen and Mark Paul Gossler turned it down...and only Dustin Diamond, Mario Lopez and Dennis Haskins the only ones signed...? What was it going to be? Zach and Kelly having a son?

Guest crandamaniac

What happened to the original Max? Why'd he get changed with James the actor?

Guest Zack Malibu

Lisa wound up guest starring on one of the last eps of The College Years, and in the Wedding In Las Vegas movie. I know that she was on Days Of Our Lives afterwards, and wound up on In The House, but I have no idea what she was like on either show.

I heard weak rumors of some type of follow-up movie, but between Theissen leaving for 90210 (she agreed to do the Wedding before she left), Berkley attempting a film career (turned out great, huh?) it never happened. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it though, that one day, there'll be some type of "reunion" movie on NBC.

Guest treble charged

Ok, this will probably be my last question, and it's one that you've already probably answered a million times before, but here goes:

Why did Tori show up and why did Jesse/Kelly leave?

Again, if the answer is somewhere else, you can just point me in that direction. Thanks.

Guest Zack Malibu

It had something to do with their contracts. Berkley was trying to break into movies, while Theissen had a deal waiting for her to join the cast of Beverly Hills, 90210. Both wound up resigning their deals, but LeeAnna Creel was brought in as Tori to "fill in" for them. Once everything was sorted out, Tori was dropped, never to be heard from again, and continuity was restored.

Hey, keep the questions coming. Remember, it doesn't have to be just SBTB, anything City Guys, California Dreams, etc., post it up!

Guest Madmartigan21

The final season, I could have sworn there were THREE episodes for the first day of class.

1. Zack stays home from school, and the other cast members come over and reminisce about the summer. It was essentially a clip show featuring various scenes from the summer at the beach resort.

2. The episode that featured Tori's debut.

3. A first day of class episode that featured Kelly and Jessie.

I had an argument about this years ago with a friend of mine. He insisted that I was insane, but I was fairly certain that I was correct.

Guest Zack Malibu

They did have the clip show, where Zack stayed home and everyone called/came by when they had no class, or at lunch. The Tori ep I think was just HER first day, but I'm not so sure. The senior year eps were split between the original cast and Tori, so there very well could have been another. But I think that the "flashback" show was the actual first day of school.

Guest starvenger
I heard weak rumors of some type of follow-up movie, but between Theissen leaving for 90210 (she agreed to do the Wedding before she left), Berkley attempting a film career (turned out great, huh?) it never happened. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it though, that one day, there'll be some type of "reunion" movie on NBC.

Probably. Although I'd loved to have seen a second movie at the time, and whether they would mention Kelly looking "different" or not (given that Tiffani Theissen got a boob job before 90210)...

Both wound up resigning their deals, but LeeAnna Creel was brought in as Tori to "fill in" for them. Once everything was sorted out, Tori was dropped, never to be heard from again, and continuity was restored.

Didn't they have a graduation ceremony with Tori in it as well, though?

Here's my question for Zack: Where in continuity do the "beach resort" eps (with Leah Remini) fall? My best guess is right before either junior or senior year...

Guest Zack Malibu

That summer happened right before senior year. And they never had a Graduation episode with Tori, but she was in the episode where they came up with the Bayside School Song.

Guest bravesfan
The Tori ep I think was just HER first day, but I'm not so sure.

It was only HER first day. That eppy was just around in syndication. The episode focused around Lisa planning and doing the Autumn Harvest with her committee and the Zack/Tori organizer presentation in class...couldn't have been the first day of the entire school year considering Lisa's situation, could it?

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

So, the Tori episodes took place during the same season the original cast graduated high school?

Okay, here's a question: What happened on the final final episode of Saved By The Bell:The New Class?

Guest ant_7000
So, the Tori episodes took place during the same season the original cast graduated high school?

Okay, here's a question: What happened on the final final episode of Saved By The Bell:The New Class?

They graduated I believe in the final final episode.

Guest wolverine

For some reason, I thought "The College Years" was the best incarnation of SBTB. I liked the more serious approach to the writing, not that it was great or anything. You kinda had to leave your brain in the other room while watching the High School show - since there was pretty much zero logic to a lot of it.