TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Saved By The Bell

Guest Zack Malibu
So, the Tori episodes took place during the same season the original cast graduated high school?

Okay, here's a question: What happened on the final final episode of Saved By The Bell:The New Class?

OK, I vaguely remember this. I was going to tape it since it was the last episode, ever, but most of the new classes (the first one and the last one, with that dorky looking blonde kid) didn't "do it" for me. From what I gather from the last season, it seemed that the focus was no longer on the male lead, and centered around Maria. I also remember Katie pretending to not like Nicky anymore, that way since they were going to different schools, a breakup would be easier. The two made up, Maria gave the "final" speech, and they closed the book on Bayside forever.

The College Years was great, and I too liked the more serious approach. Being in prime-time, there was more subject matter they could get away with, even though SBTB never "pushed the envelope" to begin with.

Guest Vern Gagne

I swear I saw Tori playing a slut on MWC. It was the episode where Bud worked at the Virgin Hotline.

Guest EdwardKnoxII

The College Years was great, and I too liked the more serious approach. Being in prime-time, there was more subject matter they could get away with, even though SBTB never "pushed the envelope" to begin with.

Yeah no kidding. The storyline that shocked me the most was when Kelly started dating Professer Laskey. For someone who had been watching SBTB forever that was pretty shocking stuff.

Guest Zack Malibu
I swear I saw Tori playing a slut on MWC. It was the episode where Bud worked at the Virgin Hotline.

Tori is actually a triplet in real life, she and her sisters played Hayley Mill's daughters in The Parent Trap movies from the 80's.

Guest Choken One

I think it's a Latin thing to call your girl momma...No...they never really did announce a breakup but they weren't together on the marrige movie.

Guest Vern Gagne

Why in the final episode, do the 6 main character have their names announced in order during the graduation ceremony.

Guest Zack Malibu

Yeah, it never "officially" ended with them. They tended to be together on and off, depending on the plot of the episode. But in the graduation episode, where they were sitting on the steps, realizing that they were leaving Bayside for good, Slater said "...and you'll always be my momma" to which Jesse replied "And you'll always be my poppa...you big pig!".

Anyone else? Keep 'em comin'.

Guest Zack Malibu
Why in the final episode, do the 6 main character have their names announced in order during the graduation ceremony.

That's just the way all of the Engel shows went. Saved, City Guys, California Dreams...it was always the main characters, like "saving the best for last". No one wants to have Ox the jock remembered as the very last thing shown on Saved By The Bell.

Guest Madmartigan21
The Tori ep I think was just HER first day, but I'm not so sure.

It was only HER first day. That eppy was just around in syndication.

What do you mean it was just around in syndication? It was never shown in the initial Saturday morning run? If not, why not?

The episode focused around Lisa planning and doing the Autumn Harvest with her committee and the Zack/Tori organizer presentation in class...couldn't have been the first day of the entire school year considering Lisa's situation, could it?

I understand your point, but it's not as though SBTB was the most logical show in history. I'd love to see that episode again. I remember some of it so vividly, that I could swear I'm right. For instance, Zack being all pissed off because his parking spot (on what planet do high school students have assigned parking like that) was occupied by Tori's motorcycle. I thought it was a REALLY big deal to him, because as a senior it was the premo spot that he finallly got and on his first chance to use it, it was taken.

Guest treble charged
What do you mean it was just around in syndication? It was never shown in the initial Saturday morning run? If not, why not?

I think what he means is, recently, that episode was shown in syndication. Not that it never was shown during the original Saturday morning run.

But yeah, I do agree with you that SBTB wasn't very logical. I mean, come on, their classes usually lasted only 2 minutes. Where can I sign up for a school like that?

Guest Madmartigan21

I think what he means is, recently, that episode was shown in syndication. Not that it never was shown during the original Saturday morning run.

Yes... umm... well that's the conclusion that an INTELLIGENT person would have probably come to. Unfortunately, I happen to be a buffoon.

And does anybody remember for certain, if there was indeed another first day of school episode from the final season. One that featured Kelly and Jessie, but was NOT the previously mentioned clip show with scenes from the beach resort.

Guest MDH257

I thought SBTB: The New Class did have an actual Final episode. I remember hearing something about the story being that Mr. Belding announced he was leaving Bayside. Does anybody remember this?

I remember that Degrassi aired on Showtime in theearly '90's, but I never saw it. I know some people say that it aired on PBS during its original run, but I don't remember that-at least not in Houston-. I first saw Degrassi abut a year ago on an obscure digial cable channel called Trio, they aired Degrassi and a Canadian teen soap called Madison back to back in the afternoons. Unfortnatly they got replaced by Laugh-In reruns and Jazz concerts.

Does anybody remember Showtime airing some Canadian shows called Criss Cross and Ready or Not?

Guest Zack Malibu
I thought SBTB: The New Class did have an actual Final episode. I remember hearing something about the story being that Mr. Belding announced he was leaving Bayside. Does anybody remember this?

I remember that Degrassi aired on Showtime in theearly '90's, but I never saw it. I know some people say that it aired on PBS during its original run, but I don't remember that-at least not in Houston-. I first saw Degrassi abut a year ago on an obscure digial cable channel called Trio, they aired Degrassi and a Canadian teen soap called Madison back to back in the afternoons. Unfortnatly they got replaced by Laugh-In reruns and Jazz concerts.

Does anybody remember Showtime airing some Canadian shows called Criss Cross and Ready or Not?

The New Class' final episode had everyone graduating, and Belding did plan on leaving because a subplot of the episode had Screech trying to talk him into staying, or something along those lines.

In regards to the Zack/Tori episode, I don't think Zack had "assigned" parking, but rather one of those "We're cool so we get special treatment" kinda deals, where you just know that the person is going to park there, so you don't.

I think the current shows on TBS are the senior year ones, so if you guys are wondering about any of that Zack/Tori stuff, or anything else, set your timers for 7am Eastern Time every morning. It'd probaly be a lot easier than me breaking out the tapes, lol.

Next question...

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Degrassi did indeed air on PBS. At least it did here in San Francisco. I used to watch all the time, though I was young and most of the storylines went over my head.

SBTB question: Whatever happened to Lisa and Zack's 'relationship'?

Guest Zack Malibu

Lisa and Zack's relationship was a one-episode deal. I guess the writers figured the kids got along all too well, and wanted to add more turmoil (Zack and Slater getting into a fistfight, Zack dating Slater's sister, Zack kissing Jesse, Zack kissing Lisa supposedly behind Screech's back). That was the only episode anything ever happened, or was even mentioned about it.

Next up?

Guest bob_barron

The student parking episode was hilarious.

Zach said something like all matters must be dealt with in a certain way...

Belding: Except for student parking.

Guest Zack Malibu
The student parking episode was hilarious.

Zach said something like all matters must be dealt with in a certain way...

Belding: Except for student parking.

Mr. Belding ruled. He had some of the best lines on the show.

Mr. B:"Zack, I'm not a straw, don't suck up!"

Guest treble charged

Did any other 'guest stars', besides Torrie Spelling and Leah Rhemini go on to bigger things after their SBTB episodes? Those 2 are really the only ones I can remember guest starring on any episodes.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Scott Wolf went onto do Party of Five. He was in an ep involving the Glee Club I think. Denise Richards was also Slater's secret admirer during the beach resort eps.

Guest bob_barron

Nothing will ever ever beat-

I'd wear the blue ones cause they're match your eyes

Guest Zack Malibu

Haha, the Chess Boy episode.

Tara Reid was on an episode of The New Class and a California Dreams episode if I'm not mistaken.

Nikki Cox was Sly's blind girlfriend on California Dreams.

And I know that Josh Holland (Jackson from USA High, and he guest starred on City Guys and Malibu, CA) is the son of director Steve Holland (One Crazy Summer, Better Off Dead, etc.)

Guest Zack Malibu
That brings up another question: When and How did USA High end?

USA High ended in 1999, but as for how, I'm not totally sure. I didn't catch much of it in the second season (again, due to work). I know that Lazzarini got dumped and replaced by "Excess", who was William James Jones, aka Tony from California Dreams. I also know that Ms. Dupre and Mr. Elliot got married. And I think that on one episode, they recycled a California Dreams song for Jackson to use when he was performing in something (might have been the episode where his father came to visit...)

Weird thing:USA's website still has the USA High page up, even though the show hasn't been aired in over a year, at least. Either they aren't paying attention, or reruns might be popping up.

Funny that someone asked a USA High question, since an epsiode of City Guys that recently aired had Mr. Elliot guest starring as the head of a company sponsoring Manny High's Charity Fast.

And heeeeeeere's a bit of "useless info". Elena Lyons, who played Lauren on USA High, was the girl that Slater hit on on the very first episode of The College Years.

Guest pete

Ready or not abd criss cross aired on showtime during the same period of Degrassi. For more future stars on SBTB there was Kelly's boyfriend Jeff was played by Patrick Muldoon who went on to star in Starship Troopers. Also, their was Casper Van Dien who was in the background in a few epispdes. The one that comes to mind is the square dance episode; where Zack and Kelly get locked in the boiler room. Casper starred in Starship troopers and the nighttime sudser Titans.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Wow. 3 Starship Troopers Alumns who guest starred on SBTB. Maybe Dina Meyer slipped in there as well.

Guest Zack Malibu
where Zack and Kelly get locked in the boiler room.

Slater and Jessie got locked in the boiler room. Zack was trying to win Kelly back, but she had agreed to go to the dance with someone else. Zack scared him off, she found out, and they wound up reconciling.

Guest starvenger
Can't forget that Tori Spelling was Screech's girlfriend Violet.

...and oddly enough showed more acting ability than she did in the 7-or-so years of 90210.

For more future stars on SBTB there was Kelly's boyfriend Jeff was played by Patrick Muldoon who went on to star in Starship Troopers.

I wouldn't call his role a starring role, especially since Van Dien, Denise Richards and Doogie himself - Neil Patrick Harris - were billed as the leads.

OK, now who from the other Engel shows (excluding City Guys, since that just ended) have gone on to better things?

Hang Time:

- Anthony Anderson has been in quite a few movies, most notably as one of Jet Li's punching bags in Romeo Must Die

- Jay Hernandez was the male lead opposite Kirsten Dunst in Crazy/Beautiful

- Reggie Theus is (was?) an announcer on TNT and most recently has been embarrasing himself on Slamball

California Dreams:

- Kelly Packard was in Baywatch

The New Class:

- Samantha Becker was in Training Day, I think

- Richard Lee Jackson was supposedly a hot property after a guest starring role on Ally McBeal. I guess not...

The College Years:

- Well, Bob Golic has been seen in infomercials with girls in bikinis...

One World, USA High and Malibu High:

And I'm curious, but did you guys get Student Bodies in the US?

Guest ant_7000

Yeah we got student bodies over it was about that one guy who drew cartoons for his school newspaper right?