TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Saved By The Bell

Guest Zack Malibu

Haha, forgot about Punky.

Speaking of her, remember when she guest-starred on Saved as the girl trying to get with Screech because he was making money from "Screech's Secret Spaghetti Sauce"?

Guest starvenger
y'know with all the Canadians here you'd think more people would be talking about DeGrassi Junior High. I'm not even from Canada, I just remember episodes from WTTW-11 and middle school health classes.

Wake up in the morning, feelin' shy and lonely, gee I gotta go to school...

btw...Joey Jeremiah could kick Screech's ass six ways from Toronto.

Well, it IS a SBTB thread, after all.

But let's see:

Chicks - Joey had Katlin, Screech had Violet.

Advantage: Joey

Hair - Well, Joey had the hat for a reason.

Advantage: Screech

Post-school occupation - Joey is a used car salesman, Screech hangs with "buddy" Mr. Belding at Bayside.

Advantage: Push

Smarts - Screech was valedectorian. Joey liked 8th grade so much he did it twice

Fighting Ability - Screech beat up Zack and Slater in a mock fight, Joey survived many pummelings from Dwayne the HIV-infected bully.

Advantage: Push

Friends - Screech hung out with preppie Zack and jock Slater, while Joey hung out with jailbird Wheels and tall-guy-with-a-gay-brother Snake, which incredibly seems more realistic.

Advantage: push

Bands - Zit Remedy actually released an album and a video (albeit very locally), Zack Attack was a success in the mind of Zack.

Show - apples-to-oranges and all that, but Degrassi tended to deal with a lot of hard issues head on, while SBTB, being a sitcom and not on taxpayer-funded television, kinda glossed over it.

...and by a narrow margin of 3-2, Joey wins!!

Finally, I TOTALLY forgot about Soleil Moon Frye's guest spot in SBTB. I feel so ashamed...

Guest Zack Malibu
...and by a narrow margin of 3-2, Joey wins!!

Gah! Sacrilege! Plus, I would have given Screech the advantage in the "current job" scenario, since being a teacher's assistant is a hell of a lot better than selling lemons to unsuspecting buyers. But I can't whine too much, since I've admittedly never seen DeGrassi outside of the pregnancy episode.

Guest Zack Malibu

Any of you NWA:TNA fans...Screech makes a triumphant return, to the world of wrestling no less, this Wednesday on PPV!

Guest starvenger
Any of you NWA:TNA fans...Screech makes a triumphant return, to the world of wrestling no less, this Wednesday on PPV!

Let's see:

Appeared on a wrestling show and/or beat up Arnold Horshack: Joey hasn't. Screech has.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a tie!!

Guest bob_barron

That was like the gayest fight ever.

Zach should've powerbombed him into a locker

Guest Zack Malibu

Haha, that episode was great-

Screech:"Stand back Slater, I wouldn't want to have to hurt you too. Waaaaaa, waaaaaaaaa!"

Slater:"I'm not going NEAR that loon!"

Guest bob_barron

I got a question for you Zack-

WTF was up with the Academic Bowl episode? Weren't the questions like wicked easy

Guest Zack Malibu

Yeah, they were. And it was pretty unbelievable that even the geeks wouldn't know modern sports heroes like Kareem Abdul Jabar, etc. But now that you remind me of that episode, that's one of the most classic Saved moments:

When Screech is in the hospital sick, he's telling Zack about the planets (he called it MVEMJSNUP, or something similar...not sure of the exact order). He's like "M is for Mars, V is for Venus, E...E...EEEEEEEEE....Ee yay ee yay o!"

Zack:"Screech! Screech what's the rest of it?"

Screech:"Old McDonald had a farm..."

Still cracks me up every time.

Guest Zack Malibu

Just a reminder for anyone watching the NWA tonight that the one and only Screech will be appearing!

Guest Redhawk
Haha, forgot about Punky.

Speaking of her, remember when she guest-starred on Saved as the girl trying to get with Screech because he was making money from "Screech's Secret Spaghetti Sauce"?

I was mad that Punky Brewster was lookin' kinda fine in that episode.

And I didn't bother to read the other 5 pages of this thread, but has anyone addressed the athletic brilliance that was AC Slater? The guy played baseball, basketball, and football. He also ran track, wrestled, and I think he may have been on the soccer team. That's not even possible in the real world.

Guest Zack Malibu

Yes, the Slater subject came up around the same time we started talking about how Zack would randomly wind up on a sports team to go along with the plot of an episode. Slater didn't play soccer, however.

Guest Lord of The Curry

It's probably been mentioned already, but goddammit I'll mention it again:

The episode with the oil drilling company and the dead science class animals was so psyche-destroying it wasn't funny. I love animals, so that episode wrecked me bad

*flashes back to memory of Zack holding the duck covered in oil*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Guest Zack Malibu

That's because Saved tackled the hard issues!

Dangers of oil drilling, drunk driving, how to sneak out of detention...

All things the public should be aware of!

Guest starvenger
That's because Saved tackled the hard issues!

Dangers of oil drilling, drunk driving, how to sneak out of detention...

All things the public should be aware of!

You forgot about the hard issue of what to do if your star chess player loses his lucky beret (and his confidence) before the big match (complete with cheerleaders). Nothing could be more important than that...

Guest Zack Malibu

True 'dat.

You know, for an Engel show, City Guys dealt with a lot more edgy stuff. Jamal getting robbed and in turn buying a gun, Cassidy nearly being raped (that word didn't get used on the show, but still), Chris getting stabbed during Jamal's fight with the gangbanger...that's 10 times more serious than things they discussed on SBTB or California Dreams.

Guest Redhawk

City Guys lost me on the episode where L-Train didn't want to take the SATs.

For those who don't know, L-Train didn't think he had to take the SATs, and eventually he has a "Christmas Carol" moment where he sees what would happen if he didn't take them.

So anyway, he wakes up on the morning of the SATs, and...get this...just shows up to school and sits down and takes the damn test. Now, any of you who've taken the SATs knows damn well that you have to sign up weeks ahead of time to take the SATs. And on top of that, you don't get to take them in your homeroom class with your same teacher.

Guest pete

Don't forget the hard core issue of Jessie teaching Zach how to dance so he wouldn't lose Kelly to Slater. Of course you can't forget those episodes of Kelly in a bathing suit. She must have appeared in one every other episode. Not that it was a bad thing. I remember one time she was doing a weather report, and she ended up in a Bikini; because it was going to be sunny out.

Guest Zack Malibu

Zack did that twice, actually...the time with the video yearbook in high school, and then for the project on the College Years where he had to find out what women really look for in a guy. It was a project Prof. Laskey gave him, and he said if he did it right, he'd give Zack a B for the semester, and Zack wouldn't have to come to class, no questions asked. Zack made good on doing the project, but then showed up at class saying he didn't want a B, he wanted an A, so he was still coming to class.

Guest Redhawk
Zack made good on doing the project, but then showed up at class saying he didn't want a B, he wanted an A, so he was still coming to class.

What a dork. I'd just take the damn B