TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dames Edna

Hypocricy at the Smarks Board?

Guest Kotzenjunge

That's it, the normal posting members need to have a danceoff also.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest cobainwasmurdered

WOW WOW WOW. BPS hates Cobain?

I'm so disillusioned.

Wether he killed himself or not there's no reason to wish that he rots in hell.

And hypocricy At TSM? NEVER! TSM is known in the IWC to be above Hypocricy,drama, and all those other things.

Guest Anglesault
But should he rot in hell because he killed himself? He had a mental disease, he was not in a right mental state. I've read books about him - I know. Does that mean any person with extreme depression should rot in hell? No. Unfortunatly he was sick, he had longstanding issues from childhood that he carried with himself for far too long. Until you understand exactly how/what a person is thinking - you can't critisize him. Whether you like his music or not is irrelevant, just don't ignorantly slander the guy. Thats all I am saying

Personally, I belive that if you kill yourself, no matter what the circumstances, you do go to hell. Just like if you kill someone else, you go to hell. I'm not doing an dance of joy that the guy is probably in hell, though.

Guest The Man in Blak

Oh, nu! Nut oonly is zeere-a a tupeec thet ieseely hes teees tu pest eccuoonts by oone-a Mun in Blek, boot zeere's elsu peuple-a floonteeng zeeur ixperteese-a in fureeegn lungooeges! Oooor oonly elterneteefe-a is tu iet chuculete-a peees und vetch Poolp Feecshun - trooly it is a sed dey fur us tu goorgle-a tugezeer leeke-a thees. Um gesh dee bork, bork!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Technically speaking...as a devout catholic...we learned from day 1 that those who kill themselves do in fact Rot in hell.

If I wanted to play the religious defense...I could get away with it as a technicality.

Instead I'll play the figure of speech defense.

I, and many others have told people to burn or rot in hell before...and most of them weren't even dead.

Guest Anglesault
Technically speaking...as a devout catholic...we learned from day 1 that those who kill themselves do in fact Rot in hell.

That's what I was trying to say.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Axl Rose will burn in hell. For what? I don't know, but it felt like it was the right thing to say.

Of course, I do fell like that sometimes, but I'll save that for another thread.

Guest Dames Edna

Don't even get me started with catholicism. They preach the parts of the bible that accomodates them, and disregard the rest. You guys say you are devout catholics, but you don't follow the 10 commandments. So how can you preach one part of God's teachings, yet disregard another? OK

If someone has a mental disease and doesn't get professional help, should they be slandered? Its a disease, its beyond their grasp. Thats all I am saying.

If you guys mean it as a figure of speech - fine. I just think its pretty callous.

Guest MrRant

Umm... every religion preachs the parts that appeal to them. And who are you to insult someone's believes? They are just explaining why they feel that way. Pretty insensitive if you ask me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Is BDub casting the first stone?

You know...

since you are such an expert on everyone's religious affiliation, why don't you tell us what commandments we have broken.

Cobain broke one...Thou shalt not kill...

and now he'll burn in hell.

Guest Dames Edna

I am making a comment about the religion as a whole. No one is perfect. One can't say that they have followed of the commandments for their whole life. I can nitpick if I want, but I won't.

No such thing as a mental disease? What is schizophrenia? Just a figment of one's imagination? What is bulimia? What is depression? Is those aren't mental diseases, I don't know what to call them.

My point is this: It is hard for anyone to follow the bible word for word. There has been things God has proclaimed in the bible which are taken out of context. Since these guys are saying they are following what the bible says, does that mean they follow their life 100% by the bible - or have the just taken this one insert out of it, and disregarded what they don't agree with.

I don't mean to slander bps, I'm sorry, but I was just making an example of most catholic people I know. I could be wrong about him, or any of you.

Guest MrRant

The bible is interprated by the reader. I'm sure people would do things differently even if they went by the "letter" because of how THEY read it.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

No...you were right.

I was just being prickish.

My apologies for a statement that could be , and was, offensive to some.

I'll be more careful in the future.

Guest Cancer Marney
No such thing as a mental disease? What is schizophrenia? Just a figment of one's imagination?
Yep.
What is bulimia?
Throwing up.
What is depression?
A mood.
Is those aren't mental diseases, I don't know what to call them.
So I see.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Sometimes I think Marney gives me a mental disease.

Time to put another sock on my arm

Guest Dames Edna

No offense Marney, but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Why would they give people medication for something that is a figment of one's imagination. How about Bi-polar disease? Or Multiple Sclerosis? Or Alzheimers? Or Parkinsons? Does Michael J. Fox just sutter and shake whenever he speaks because he wants to? Instead of being a total smart ass, give some logical explanation....please

Guest Cancer Marney
One can't say that they have followed of the commandments for their whole life... It is hard for anyone to follow the bible word for word... Since these guys are saying they are following what the bible says, does that mean they follow their life 100% by the bible
No. The Commandments are ideals, and part of the Catholic faith involves understanding that we're all mortal, fallible sinners who fall short of them every day.

Only God is perfect, and when we pray to Him, we pray for His forgiveness. When we confess, we ask for His blessing and His mercy, and a just penance. And when we give thanks to Him for sending His Son to save us, we strive to be worthy of His love.

Hope that helps.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I've spent a lot of time among those suffering from mental diseases. When I was in Grades 11 and 12 I was voluntering my time to work with Bi-polar patients at the mental hospital my father works.

I know what these people go for....because I'm one of those people who are "just imagining" the disease. My grandmother does too and so did her sister...until she killed herself when I was 14.

Don't tell me it's not real because until you've lived through it you don't know shit.

Guest Dames Edna

Using your logic, shouldn't God forgive Kurt for sinning? He wasn't perfect, he may have asked for God's forgiveness before he killed himself. Your explanation to me just deomonstrated why Cobain should not rot in hell.

Please Marney, give further explanation about how their is no such thing as a mental disease. Use Parkinsons, Alzeheimers, and MS as just three of your examples of why they do not exist in one's mind. Please Marney

Guest Cancer Marney
No offense Marney, but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

None taken... fuckhead.

Why would they give people medication for something that is a figment of one's imagination.
To control people whose behaviour is unacceptable to society.
How about Bi-polar disease?
Nonexistent.
Or Multiple Sclerosis?
Real, easily and consistently diagnosed by histopathological differentiation in nervous tissue.
Or Alzheimers?
Uncertain. In the old days we just used to call it going gaga. How come no one just goes gaga anymore? Instead they all get "Alzheimer's." Ah, whatever. Humans aren't designed to live beyond 50ish max.
Or Parkinsons?
Probably real, usually diagnosed by decreased dopamine levels in the brain.
Does Michael J. Fox just sutter and shake whenever he speaks because he wants to?
Probably not.
Instead of being a total smart ass, give some logical explanation....please
Okay. You're ignorant.

Next.

Guest Cancer Marney
There is a flaw in the God is perfect argument.

Eh. I didn't learn it as an argument; I learned it as church doctrine.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

As I understand the christian beleif on forgiveness...

You can be forgiven for anything that you are honestly sorry about.

Suicide was always placed in the damning sin category because you can't ask for forgiveness after you do it.

Unless it's in the afterlife...then I don't know.

Guest Dames Edna

Bi-polar disease is nonexistant? I sure hope you are completely joking, as the sarcasm detector is turned off on my computer.

So you are saying people choose to have a wide range of emotions. Depression one day, manic surges the next? They want to mentally deteriorate in front of everyones eyes, and risk the lives of everyone they are around? Bi Polar Disease is no joke. Its an official pyschological problem - not some ploy pyschologists use to sucker in more patients.

Guest Cancer Marney
As I understand the christian beleif on forgiveness...

You can be forgiven for anything that you are honestly sorry about.

Suicide was always placed in the damning sin category because you can't ask for forgiveness after you do it.

Unless it's in the afterlife...then I don't know.

I see Hell as penance. I don't believe God is cruel; I don't think He gets off on torturing people. If a soul is repentant, and suffers its penance, I don't see why He wouldn't grant it His mercy.

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

- Psalms 51:17

Guest cobainwasmurdered
QUOTE]How about Bi-polar disease?
Nonexistent.[

Bi-polar disease exists.