TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dames Edna

Hypocricy at the Smarks Board?

Guest Dames Edna

I think your inability to accept that there illness is what bothers me those most. There is Parkinsons, there is Alzheimers, there is MS. If you ask many patients who have these diseases - they would take what they need to be better. But unfortunatly many of the illnesses can't be treated. Thus people suffer until the day they die. My question is how can you say there is no such thing as a mental disease. Maybe when your mind begins to deteriorate, and when you lose your sarcasm you'll accept it. Or how about when your mother forgets your name, and can no longer help herself. Its not about getting old, because not all old people suffer from this infliction. And many at the age of 50 do begin to feel these side effects.

I am almost sorry I had to be witness to this cesspool of bullshit. Your opinion is your opinion - but I'll pity you nonetheless. In fact, this may have also turned me away from message boards altogether. I'm glad your life is not complete without debating on here after sex. Anyway you slice it, I'll aspire not to be or encounter anyone like you.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

bah, he wasn't wishing ill he was just trying to tell you that maybe you'd think differently if someone close to you suffered from one of these ills.

Guest MrRant

Well off to home and probably bed for me... unless I get hungry and need to eat. Later CWM... Marney.

Guest Dames Edna

Cobain, she obviously reads what she wants to read. All people with MS and Parkinsons are imprisoned and killed by doctors...riiiight.

Guest Cancer Marney
There is Parkinsons, there is Alzheimers, there is MS.

Very probably, possibly, and certainly. However, there is no bulimia, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.

My question is how can you say there is no such thing as a mental disease.
Read the first book on my list.

I am almost sorry I had to be witness to this cesspool of bullshit. Your opinion is your opinion - but I'll pity you nonetheless.
Keep your "pity" to yourself, please. It probably stinks as badly as your education, and your English.

In fact, this may have also turned me away from message boards altogether.
Yeah, right.

I'm glad your life is not complete without debating on here after sex.
You have not yet begun to debate. Debate requires a modicum of honesty, introspection, and information, none of which you seem to possess.

Anyway you slice it, I'll aspire not to be or encounter anyone like you.
Imagine my disappointment.

Guest Cancer Marney
he wasn't wishing ill he was just trying to tell you that maybe you'd think differently
False.
Hopefully, if you are lucky, you will have an ill parent down the road
"Hopefully" is an abbreviation for "I say hopefully." He clearly said that he desired the stated outcome, and now he's trying to backtrack like the hypocritical coward he is. You're defending him simply because you disagree with me and dislike me. Lie all you want; the truth is right there in your own words.

All people with MS and Parkinsons are imprisoned and killed by doctors...riiiight.
Do you force insulin on a diabetic, and put him in a room with a metal mirror if he resists?

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Cobain, she obviously reads what she wants to read. All people with MS and Parkinsons are imprisoned and killed by doctors...riiiight.

I've noticed.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
he wasn't wishing ill he was just trying to tell you that maybe you'd think differently
False.
Hopefully, if you are lucky, you will have an ill parent down the road
"Hopefully" is an abbreviation for "I say hopefully." He clearly said that he desired the stated outcome, and now he's trying to backtrack like the hypocritical coward he is. You're defending him simply because you disagree with me and dislike me. Lie all you want; the truth is right there in your own words.

All people with MS and Parkinsons are imprisoned and killed by doctors...riiiight.
Do you force insulin on a diabetic, and put him in a room with a metal mirror if he resists?

No I'm not saying that because I disagree and dislike you. I'm saying that because even a simpleton could figure out what he meant.

Strike that obviously a simpleton CAN'T figure out what he really meant since you still think he was being literal.

Guest Dames Edna

You admit there is Alzheimers, MS, and Parkinsons yet at the beginning of this "debate" you said there was no such think as mental illness. Thats all I needed to hear, its all I was trying to say. I'll try harder to work on my grammer the next time I encounter you. Its been fun.

Too bad I'm not at the intellectual level you are - because maybe we could have finished this about a half hour ago. Of course, we wouldn't have been privy to your extreme sassiness.

PS. Even though my pity stinks, I still feel it for you

Guest Cancer Marney
You admit there is Alzheimers, MS, and Parkinsons yet at the beginning of this "debate" you said there was no such think as mental illness.

There is physical evidence for those three. There is none for the other three. Case closed.

because maybe we could have finished this about a half hour ago
That wasn't exactly my goal. But yes, it has been fun. G'night.

Guest Cancer Marney

I thought I was coming to bed with you, Reverend. <pouts> Am I being punished?

Guest MrRant
I thought I was coming to bed with you, Reverend. <pouts> Am I being punished?

Of course not. The Reverend needs to recharge before he can deal with you again. B-)

Guest Cancer Marney

Yes, Your Worship. Rest well.

Your devoted little toy will be waiting when you're... recharged. <demure smile>

Guest Kotzenjunge

I think I was reminded in this thread why I really don't like Marney that much. Superiority complex, conservative, and most mannerisms of my ex.

Well, that and for some reason every male here worships her. I fail to see the appeal.

Also, for some reason, people are afraid of her flames.

Now that I think about it, she IS an older version of my ex, except my ex is a liberal.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest cobainwasmurdered
I think I was reminded in this thread why I really don't like Marney that much. Superiority complex, conservative, and most mannerisms of my ex.

Well, that and for some reason every male here worships her. I fail to see the appeal.

Also, for some reason, people are afraid of her flames.

Now that I think about it, she IS an older version of my ex, except my ex is a liberal.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

I'm a guy and I don't worship her. I don't even like her.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Oh yeah, sorry. I keep forgetting you're posting here again.

Did I also mention the silliness of them all pawning for a lesbian?

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Cancer Marney

Oh dear... someone I'll never meet doesn't like me.

I think I'll just go kill myself now.

Christ, you're full of yourself. The drama-queen's as well rid of you as you are of her.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Oh yeah, sorry. I keep forgetting you're posting here again.

Did I also mention the silliness of them all pawning for a lesbian?

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

No Prob Kotzenjunge.

Guest Kotzenjunge

You're awfully caring about what people think for someone who constantly uses the "it's only the internet" argument.

Oh yeah, and irony is forming in a pool around your feet. Be wary not to slip on it.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Dissing Kotzen is not cool.

It's far too easy...I mean c'mon on he likes Techno. :)

Guest Cancer Marney
You're awfully caring about what people think for someone who constantly uses the "it's only the internet" argument.

<shrugs> I still like you a little, whatever you now think of me, and I get annoyed when people I like act pettishly with me. I think I know why and when your opinion changed, but never mind.

Oh yeah, and irony is forming in a pool around your feet.
Better than vomit.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Hey now, it isn't that bad.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

I've hated techno ever since I heard a techno version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

Guest Kotzenjunge

Hmm, never heard that. I've heard the main riff as part of a mix once, but they did it well enough for me not to demand their heads on a platter.

I'm honestly curious as to what you think changed my opinion of you. I won't try and flame back or whatever, I'm just wondering, because I can't really think of one.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Cancer Marney

I don't really want to get into it, and I have no intention of flaming you. Why don't you explain it to me on AIM?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The whole thing with mental diseases is that there really isn't any physical changes in the brain itself. At least with the ones you claim don't exist. There's new evidence emerging that shows Alzheimers and Parkinsons may be caused by prions. That's pretty interesting, considering that's essentially the same thing that causes bovine spongiform encephalitis, aka mad cow disease, which means that technically you can catch it. pretty creepy shit. Anyway, whether or not you think the mental illnesses "exist" per se, the people afflicted by them do exist, and they do indeed require treatment, as they are indeed very sick. You mentioned lobotomies earlier, and they were indeed a cure all around the turn of the century. In fact, in some mental wards, doctors would go room to room with a metal skewer of some sort, scrambling prefrontal lobes like so many denver omellettes. Anymore, lobotomies aren't really called for, as drugs are pretty damn advanced, and ECT is only used in rare cases when the patient is hopelessly violent and uncontrollable, making them a danger to themselves and others.

Schizophrenia isn't something someone can just decide to quit. It's not caused by a conscious mental decision; in fact, it's usually the product of years upon years upon YEARS of abuse, combined with the right genetics, and voila we have crazy people.

I do agree that bipolar disorder and ADD are diagnosed way too frequently, but in some cases, the brain chemistry is such that there isn't really any way of preventing it. Feelings are nothing more than chemicals reacting with the proper receptors, and if either the receptor or the chemical is unbalanced, well, the person is unbalanced as well. Psych drugs attempt to restore that by producing more of a certain substance, or by making it's receptions more infrequent.

Personally, I think I could use a hefty dose of Thorazine too keep me from getting violent over Kotzen's sig pics.

All Packers and No Bears makes Agent something, something.....

Guest Cancer Marney
Schizophrenia isn't something someone can just decide to quit. It's not caused by a conscious mental decision; in fact, it's usually the product of years upon years upon YEARS of abuse, combined with the right genetics, and voila we have crazy people.

Absolutely agreed.

Psych drugs attempt to restore that by producing more of a certain substance, or by making it's receptions more infrequent.
Yep. And since we still don't understand how the brain works, I really think we shouldn't be messing around with it - especially not when the "mental patient" is forced to take the drugs. In my mind, that's aggravated assault and battery, plain and simple, and saying that the illness is rejecting the treatment is a cheap cop-out. And frankly, it's frightening too, because it dehumanises the "patient" completely, treating him (or, more frequently, her) like an animal rather than a sentient person with inalienable rights.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Indeed. It is true that Bi-polar disease is not as common as some DR.'s would have you believe.

through my volunteer work I've met a number of people who while exhibiting a few of the charastics of Bi-polarism where later found not to be bi-polar.

On the other side of the coin though there have been many people who were diagnosed as not being bi-polar when they were in fact bi-polar.

Myself for example was first Diagnosed with Non-Verbal learning Disorder, then High-functioning Autism, and then finally Bi-polar.

Mistakes are easily made with these types of sickness's.