TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaParkaYourCar

A Wrestling Move Discussion

I'm starting this thread...it might not take off. If it doesn't that's okay.

I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board who do not have a vast knowledge of wrestling moves...I'm one of them. But if we combined our knowledge of moves into a friendly discussion it would better educate us all on this phenomenon known as Wrestling.

So I've started this thread so we can discuss our favorite wrestling moves and holds and give a description of how they are done for those who have never seen them. Since a lot of moves never see daylight in the WWE.

So let's discuss moves that make us mark out, put us in awe, or just make us appreciate the art of wrestling.

If this thread bombs...oh well I tried.

This thread can also be used to ask people if they know what a move is. Like say you've heard of a certain move but don't understand the mechanics of it? Come here and ask and someone might know.

Guest DragonflyKid

I've never actually seen a shining wizard in a match as I am trying to get classic stuff before getting newer stuff. I have seen many video clips of it, including a great looking one where Mutoh leaps off a ref and delievers a solid knee to his opponent's head.

The normal way of delivering the shing wizard is set up like Helms does it, the opponent is getting up on one knee, the guy runs at him using the opponent's knee as a step then hitting him in the head with his own knee. Helms does his sloppy, not only is his a shining enziguri but he doesn't use his opponents knee as a step but just jumps and gives them an enziguri.

BTW I am not good at giving desciptions. Here's a link to a shing wiz vid clip: http://www.rpi.edu/~chuj/shiningwizard2.avi

Helms' Shining Wizard is more like Chono's actually. I think I heard the announcers actually call Chono's a Shining Wizard Kick, to tell you the truth.

Okay let's move on. What are some moves that you would mark out for if you saw used in the WWE that are not used in the WWE currently?

I'm still hoping that Mike Awesome pulls out his Powerbomb off the top rope since they let Hurricane do a swinging neckbreaker off the top.

Guest Trivia247

For Some reason im always looking away at the precise moment Helms does the "WWE Trademark" Shining wizard. From what I heard on here, its a vulgar mongrel version of the original move

Guest Trivia247

The Super Awesome bomb off the top... Hell I'd be happy if they let Him Hit the Running Awesome bome...Hell if Funaki can wiggle out of that I can't see the Super version getting done yet. PUSH AWESOME

Guest eiker_ir

it's not the same move, the one that Mutoh uses is the "SHININ WIZAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

it's not the same, see?

:buttercup:

Guest razazteca

Mexican Surfboard is my favorite move but what is the real name of it? I always thought it was called the Rito Romero Special.

Out of all of the variations I like Super Crazy's, SAT Spanich Fly?, and Hijo de Santo double team move he uses in tag teams.

Guest eiker_ir

i've always loved the Liontamer, the one that Jericho did in WCW, it's such an amazing move to watch when is done right, the other guy is there on his neck.....whoa

too bad that Jericho can't seem to do it correctly anymore......

:headbang:

Guest Ravenbomb

I always liked the Half-Nelson suplex, which you can find a clip of on the Hotline Server *Big Cheesy Thumbs Up*

:spank:

Guest The Prodigy

never seen hurricanes old stuff so whats a Vertabreaker, Nightmare on Helms street and the Suggar Smack. Hurri's SW is the SW2 hence the difference. Theres also a 3 but I'm not sure what the difference is.

Guest eiker_ir

yeah the sugarSmack is just a Superkick.....

i would also like to know what's a Stardust Press, i'm not quite sure.....

Guest eiker_ir

so the Stardust Press is the Phoenix Splash......if that clip is correct....

right?

Guest razazteca

I think Hayabusa used the Star Dust Press to pin Mr Gannosuke in their FMW title match.

No. The Phoenix Splash is done with the back to the opponent. The Phoenix is a backflip into a 450. And after looking at the video, The Phoenix IS the Stardust. OK. I'm ok now.

Guest DragonflyKid
eiker_ir Posted on Sep 8 2002, 08:20 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so the Stardust Press is the Phoenix Splash......if that clip is correct....

right?

Yea, they are the same move.

BTW, Gizmo rules!!! I need to get myself an "I love Gizmo t-shirt".

Guest Ravenbomb

Stardust and Pheonix Splash's are on No Mercy as the Pheonix Splash, the FIrebird Splash is a regular 450 splash

Guest eiker_ir

ok so.....

Stardust Splash = Phoenix Splash.....

next

BTW, Gizmo rules!!! I need to get myself an "I love Gizmo t-shirt".  

everybody loves Gizmo......

:headbang:

Guest El Psycho Diablo

The Stardust Press/Phoenix Splash is the twisting 450.

The Firebird Splash is "only" a regular 450.