TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaParkaYourCar

A Wrestling Move Discussion

Guest Dace59

All Sitout Powerbombs are Jumping ones, hence why they are called Jumping Bombs in Japan.

A Lyger bomb has the opp coming down at a higher angle, and the attackers legs hooking over the opps. arms. A Loose term would be High angle powerbomb with body scissors, but taht is loose.

D'lo just did a Running powerbomb.

Compear it to any Pre 97 (when Plum Mariko died when a Lygerbomb agrovated brain damage from all her other head bumps) Lygerbomb.

Guest Trivia247

You think the Iron Claw could be a Credible or seriously viable Submission hold these days, I've see Iron Claw's of old caused people's heads so Spontaniously bleed (Of course possibly blading with the blade in the palm of the Clawer)

Guest razazteca

I think the last person to use the Claw as a finisher was Mike "Colorado Kid" Reprada in the Memphis area, right?

Did'nt Chono use the the Mafia Kick in WCW? or did Itallian gimmick wrestlers only use that move?

Guest Trivia247

From what I understand a Mafia kick is a Running kick to the face of a Opponent who is either kneeling or is bent over so the Foot Nails the face.

Guest Dace59

Mafia Kick = Yakuza Kick = Running Big Boot

That includes Test's Big Boot.

The opp can be in any possistion as long as you run and kick them in the chest/face.

Guest J*ingus
I think the last person to use the Claw as a finisher was Mike "Colorado Kid" Reprada in the Memphis area, right?

Mike Rapada did use that move, especially as a heel, but I don't think it was ever his finisher.

I thought a Yakuza Kick was when the kick was delivered to a crouching or kneeling opponent, not one standing upright (which would be a big boot)?

Guest Trivia247

so thats what a Yakuza Kick is, I always wanted to know. No wrestling I have ever said that was that is. and I don't speak Japanese so even if it was done in my J Cup , or FMW, or Noah, or Etc I wouldn't know it.

Guest Dace59

It was first called the Mafia Kick, and the Yakuza is the Japanese Mafia. So the simple translation just took place somewhere I think.

So anybody remember Mutoh busting out Cattle Mutilation on Osamu Nishimura during the Unification of the Tag Titles last year? Funniest shit I've seen in a while.

Anyways, I wanna know what makes an Excalibur different from an MD2. Anybody?

Guest Dace59

Anyways, I wanna know what makes an Excalibur different from an MD2. Anybody?

The Name

There's also another move called Excalibur, it's a Fisherman's Inverted Piledriver

Guest Dace59

But isn't the Excalibur a more vicious head bump?

No.

It depends on the Opp and sometimes the fed. In the WWE/F, the MD2 is a flat back bump. In Japan and the Curisers in WCW/ECW, it's a headbump, and can basicly be an inverted piledriver at times.

Due to being in Japan Excalibur will probably been seen more in it's headbump form, but could still be a back bump on some opps.

Guest Trivia247

Jericho wasn't at ECW HEatwave 95 and I have the tape. The match was Taz & Eddie vs Scorpio & Dean

must be thinking of another event.

OK. It was a 4-way dance. I thought I was wrong on the Heatwave part...It's Jericho, Scorp, Shane Douglas, and Pitbull #2. 45 minute MARATHON match. Pretty damn SWANKY. Anyways, it's almost like a messed up rolling Butterfly/Strangle Hold Gamma hold. REALLY weird but pretty damn nice. It's on the ECW POD DVD (BEST OF THE SET!!!)

Guest FilthyAnimal2Xtreme

What did Mike Sanders call his trademark move in WCW? Randy Orton has been using it on TV recently. It starts as an inverted side headlock and the attacker drops down to his knees impacting the opponent.s back with their side.

Guest Ravenbomb

that was Elix Skippers trademark move, actually.

Who else does that weird slam thing D'Lo used when he first came back, where it starts off going for a fallaway slam or a powerslam but he spins them into a Side Effect?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Skipper's move was that craptacular finisher that Orton fucked up. Sander's move is that wierd headlock/neckbreaker thing. I'm gonna stop, so I look less silly when Dace gets the real name.

Speaking of Dace, here's an easy one. Is the Driver Taka uses in WWF, MD2? Or is MD2 the one that starts from behind?

Oh, and why hasn't Dace had his own personal move thread for like a year and a half by now?

Guest Kibagami

MD1 is the one he uses in the WWE, yes. And I THINK I read somewhere that Skipper's finisher is TECHNICALLY called a leg lever takedown, but don't quote me on that one. Sanders' move is a jawbreaker variation whose names escapes me at the moment.

S.

Guest Dace59

What did Mike Sanders call his trademark move in WCW? Randy Orton has been using it on TV recently. It starts as an inverted side headlock and the attacker drops down to his knees impacting the opponent.s back with their side.

Sanders' move is the 3.0

Who else does that weird slam thing D'Lo used when he first came back, where it starts off going for a fallaway slam or a powerslam but he spins them into a Side Effect?

The scoop slam to Bronx Bomb, some guy I can't identify in Toryumon uses it.

Skipper's move was that craptacular finisher that Orton fucked up

Yep, the OverDriver/Play of the Day

A Swinging Neckbreaker done with the leg instread of the arm.

Is the Driver Taka uses in WWF, MD2? Or is MD2 the one that starts from behind

MD2 is the one he uses in the WWF (Sit Scoop Slam, though in all over places it's more of a head bump) The MD 1 is a Brainbuster (I think coined by Sasuke when he wrestled as Masa Michenoku.

And there's the MD2B, which starts from an inverted face lock and is lifted and droped like an MD2